Game Day Round 22 - Pies vs Cats Matchday Discussion (Marsh the sub, late change Cloke out and White in)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Duncan or caddy are huge outs. We should now really sit on Selwood and take him out of the game completely.

I expect the cats to turn to veterans like Bartel and jelly through the middle now and we should out run them.

The dangers are Motlop and Blicavs. Guthrie is a decent player too.

We clearly have the edge in the middle, but that means little as we also dominated inside 50s last week for no result.

The question is can we defend better. We could legitimately dominate this game, but cats just make the most of their entries, and with guys like Hawkins, Motlop, Johnson, gregson and Murdoch they can blow us away.

We need to dominate in the middle, but our defence is super important

You could say we Dominated the Tigers in the Middle last week but our Disgusting Ball Use made it Usless then.

Goal Kicking is also very important. Kick Goals Early and do wonder for our Confidence

No Duncan or caddy are huge outs. We should now really sit on Selwood and take him out of the game completely.
Add Stanley too who in partnership with Blicavs killed us in that first game and they are going into this game a lot weaker and in less form then we played them earlier on in the season.

Add Stanley too who in partnership with Blicavs killed us in that first game and they are going into this game a lot weaker and in less form then we played them earlier on in the season.

Agree - Stanley and Blicvas Work Around the Ground was huge last time.

So you have Blicvas vs Grundy and as Back Up Ruck/Forward Vardy vs Moore

We have to be wary of Blicavs aswell, towelled us up last time we met.

It was sickening how well Blicavs played on us last time, almost as sickening as the adulation of the commentators. The commentary team spent most of the evening hailing the arrival of a new and superior species of man, a man not bound by the pesky laws of physics like other mortals.

Caddy, Blicavs and Duncan were responsible for half of Geelong's clearances last time, and they especially killed us in centre clearances. Two of those players won't be there tonight, which will help, but our centre clearances haven't been a strongpoint in recent times. If Greenwood and Adams can play good games, then we'll have a chance.

It was sickening how well Blicavs played on us last time, almost as sickening as the adulation of the commentators. The commentary team spent most of the evening hailing the arrival of a new and superior species of man, a man not bound by the pesky laws of physics like other mortals.

Caddy, Blicavs and Duncan were responsible for half of Geelong's clearances last time, and they especially killed us in centre clearances. Two of those players won't be there tonight, which will help, but our centre clearances haven't been a strongpoint in recent times. If Greenwood and Adams can play good games, then we'll have a chance.
They played the third man up really well too. Notice that Selwood has gone third up a few times.

They played the third man up really well too. Notice that Selwood has gone third up a few times.

Yes, and Rhys Stanley was a pain in the arse at night as well. He's another one who won't be there this time, so here's hoping that things work out a lot differently for us tonight!

Yes, and Rhys Stanley was a pain in the arse at night as well. He's another one who won't be there this time, so here's hoping that things work out a lot differently for us tonight!

Pies by five goals plus tonight.

Pies by five goals plus tonight.

I'm off to the G tonight, so I hope your prediction is prophecy.

Personally, I'm worried (a) by our movement into the forward line, and (b) Geelong's ability to repel our attacks and to quickly set up their own attack. Other teams have made a habit of doing this to us of late, but Geelong have always had the knack.

If we keep some sort of composure in delivering the ball into the forward 50 and then take our chances once the ball's there...then we get over the line in a close one.

This is the problem.

Most on here said after we were 8-3 that there should be no excuses. We had the easiest draw we've had in at least 6 years and barring a horrible injury run (which we haven't had), we should have been making finals this year. But then not only did we not make finals, we capitulated in the EXACT same manner as last year. Only a tad worse.

I'm sorry, but at some point, positivity has to give way to reality.

After you had to put your tail between you legs yesterday (re the Club not being interested in Premiership), and got spanked, you resorted to excusing your limited ability for analysis by saying "well I wasn't around for most of the GF's" so I don't know - NOW you talk about "reality", which you interpret as ladder position.

That is not the reality - the reality is we are building a great squad that has pegged back the gaps against the top teams and our best is very good.

That's the reality not ladder position.

I'm off to the G tonight, so I hope your prediction is prophecy.
Personally, I'm worried (a) by our movement into the forward line, and (b) Geelong's ability to repel our attacks and to quickly set up their own attack. Other teams have made a habit of doing this to us of late, but Geelong have always had the knack.
If we keep some sort of composure in delivering the ball into the forward 50 and then take our chances once the ball's there...then we get over the line in a close one.

...then we have a chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would go as far to say as Blicavs' game against us earlier in the season was one of the best individual performances I've seen this year. Worth 4 Brownlow votes if such a thing existed.

I haven't seen any games lately - have we started to employ any regular third-man-up options as many other teams seem to be doing?
If not, I'd like to see us try Crisp, for example, used in this way sometimes [with Greenwood doing harder tag duties].

I haven't seen any games lately - have we started to employ any regular third-man-up options as many other teams seem to be doing?
If not, I'd like to see us try Crisp, for example, used in this way sometimes [with Greenwood doing harder tag duties].

We have not used the 3rd Man Up.

Could be Worth a Go but I doubt Bucks will change the game plan for last 2 games

Good luck tonight guys, think we will get dominated out of the centre so will be up to how our backs stand up. Just thankful Menzel is playing against you guys and not a team full of snipers (Hawthorn and their own Australian sniper Mitchell). Should be a cracking game.

Depends on how we use the Ball. We Use it well going Forward and Cloke,Elliot,Fasolo,Reid and Moore kick Straight we are every chance of winning.

Hope Menzial gets thru a Full Game but in a Losing Effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back