Preview Round 23, 2015 - Port Adelaide vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Why is everyone kicking up a stink that Fremantle are bringing over their 'B' team? It's a nothing game. Our fault for not being in the think of things at this time of the season really.

I'm not fussed. Let's just go out there, end the season with a winning feeling, enjoy all the goals we pile on then look forward to next year.

Only thing I don't like is the revenue the club has the potential on missing out on

Only thing I don't like is the revenue the club has the potential on missing out on

"I'm not going because I expected to rock up and see us beaten by Ross Lyon's full-strength snoreball", said every Port fan never.

Fremantle owe Port absolutely nothing and have every right to do what they like with their team to prepare for finals.

And if anyone is now not going because "player x" isn't going to be there, well, to be honest, that about as weak an excuse as I have ever heard and you probably just wanted an out anyway.

Last edited:
Fremantle owe Port absolutely nothing and have every right to what they like with their team to prepare for finals.

And if anyone is now not going because "player x" isn't going to be there, well, to be honest, that about as weak an excuse as I have ever heard and you probably just wanted an out anyway.
Mate I'll be there rain, hail or shine and always have been...its the neutrals, band wagoners(all clubs have em) etc that won't be drawn to a game that one team isn't trying in..

Fair enough, but they probably wouldn't have tuned up for a dead rubber anyway.

Even if that was a valid point, why is that Fremantles problem? Their only responsibility is to their football club and maximizing their chances of September action. Not casual or bandwagon Port fans.

Fair enough, but they probably wouldn't have tuned up for a dead rubber anyway.

Even if that was a valid point, why is that Fremantles problem? Their only responsibility is to their football club and maximizing their chances of September action. Not casual or bandwagon Port fans.
My arguement is that it is the AFL's problem for allowing it to occur hence should compensate PAFC...I would hope every club would do the same as Fremantle in their situation, you'd be silly not to

Not gonna look good at all now if we lose to them. We will be the laughing stock of the AFL (more so than already).

AFL Integrity is a bigger oxymoron than military intelligence.

As Ford Fairlane pointed out this is the least of the AFL's integrity problems this year.

If I was in Adelaide I would be at the game supporting our boys, I hope they smash Freo by a cricket score.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FYI

Out: Pav, McPharlin, Sandi, Hill, Mundy, Spurr, Sutcliffe - These are pretty much confirmed, and there may be 1 or 2 more.

In: Taberner, Pearce, Clarke, Weller, Blakely, Grey, Crozier - Educated guess. Have all being playing well in the WAFL.

Hayden Ballantyne is a chance to play this week as well.

"I'm not going because I expected to rock up and see us beaten by Ross Lyon's full-strength snoreball", said every Port fan never.

See, you're of the mistaken belief that Fremantle playing a full strength side would beat us. I think we would have whipped their butt. Small comfort from a wasted season? Yes, but it would give the fans who went to the game some optimism for the future, just as how Adelaide flogging West Coast gave them hope that they wouldn't be road kill come finals.

When you're talking about corporate sponsors being asked to renew on the back of a losing season, the one thing you have to sell is hope. Where's the feel good story or what if generated by beating a seconds side? There is zero point to this game and it's our home game. We aren't a s**t kicker side like Melbourne or Gold Coast that had zero chance of winning and now might get a decent win.

Anyway I've said my bit on it. Next year when we are three games clear with two games to go and we play Adelaide in their Showdown we better rest players like Fremantle if they can't make the finals.

See, you're of the mistaken belief that Fremantle playing a full strength side would beat us. I think we would have whipped their butt. Small comfort from a wasted season? Yes, but it would give the fans who went to the game some optimism for the future, just as how Adelaide flogging West Coast gave them hope that they wouldn't be road kill come finals.

When you're talking about corporate sponsors being asked to renew on the back of a losing season, the one thing you have to sell is hope. Where's the feel good story or what if generated by beating a seconds side? There is zero point to this game and it's our home game. We aren't a s**t kicker side like Melbourne or Gold Coast that had zero chance of winning and now might get a decent win.

Anyway I've said my bit on it. Next year when we are three games clear with two games to go and we play Adelaide in their Showdown we better rest players like Fremantle if they can't make the finals.

Anyone should be able to do what they like.

Just as an NFL team that has locked up its seeding has no reason to see its star QB destroyed on the eve of the playoffs, so should a team that has earned a home final rest its guns if it sees fit.

Yes injuries can happen anytime, but if we were in Freo's position and lost someone to something that didn't even have to be the nightmare of a catastrophic injury (a medial or a broken arm would be enough) just because "integrity!!11" I'd lose my poo.

Because a freo team clear on top of the ladder would come over here and actually care about winning.. boy as a supporter group are we reading way too much into this last 4 game stretch.

Think how we would feel if the Crows were on top resting half their team for a Round 23 showdown...

I'd care about as much as I do that Freo are doing it. Whilst I enjoy niggling the crows, how they are doing is not the be all and end all it seems to be for many posters here.

If it makes you feel any better North are likely to rest a few senior players this Friday against Richmond because the Roos can't realistically crack the top 6. So that all but puts paid to Adelaide's chances of a home final.

Not gonna look good at all now if we lose to them. We will be the laughing stock of the AFL (more so than already).

Even if we lose we'd still be well behind Melbourne, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon and Gold Coast.

Even if we lose we'd still be well behind Melbourne, Carlton, Brisbane, Essendon and Gold Coast.

That's right. I can't remember too many times a dead rubber round 23 match ever decided any club's status in the AFL.

We've been more a disappointment than laughing stock this year. And that's judged over the whole year, even moreso given our rattling run home.

No matter what kind of team they send, I think it'll be an interesting test.

I would have liked the chance to take on their full strength side again to see if really have turned a corner and getting back to 2014 levels.

However, we have also lost (or barely won) games this year we should have absolutely smashed. So it'll be good to see if we can deal with expectation - even in a dead rubber - of beating a severely undermaned team.

No matter which Freo shows up, I hope train and play like we taking on their best.

Let's finish the year with a dominating win, no matter who it is. :thumbsu:

I'd care about as much as I do that Freo are doing it. Whilst I enjoy niggling the crows, how they are doing is not the be all and end all it seems to be for many posters here.

If it makes you feel any better North are likely to rest a few senior players this Friday against Richmond because the Roos can't realistically crack the top 6. So that all but puts paid to Adelaide's chances of a home final.
Unless the bulldogs lose to Brisbane......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back