List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Dangerfield + Pick 50 for Picks 9, 28 and Dean Gore

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adelaide must be pretty on top of their calendar situation, then. I got the Geelong 2015 calendar at the start of the year, and Varcoe is on it. Kind of awkward. Guess they make these important decisions before trade period.

Which is a laugh, if they've got Varcoe on there for us, but not one of the most important players in their team.

Alas, crows stating it's not an approved calendar.....Ok.

I just love this position. That Adelaide supporters will take greater passion in the posts of random fools than keeping their greatest player of the last 20 years. I think it is going to be hilarious to see crows supporters hide under rocks during the entire offseason.
Insular club will be non-existent
You call AFC supporters insular - and then identify Dangerfield as one our greatest players of the last 20 years - ok.

Meanwhile, a large number of your supporters (and some celebrity nuff nuffs) appear to be more focussed on trying to get a bumper sticker on every car in the car park to get Dangerfield to Geelong, while some of your greatest players of the modern era retire in the background.

As far as #calendargate goes ... I wouldn't be reading too much into it, the calendars might not be the most accurate source regarding AFL list management:

http://calendardepot.com.au/all-categories/sports-calendars/afl-calendars.html

g1.png

g2.png

You call AFC supporters insular - and then identify Dangerfield as one our greatest players of the last 20 years - ok.

Meanwhile, a large number of your supporters (and some celebrity nuff nuffs) appear to be more focussed on trying to get a bumper sticker on every car in the car park to get Dangerfield to Geelong, while some of your greatest players of the modern era retire in the background.

As far as #calendargate goes ... I wouldn't be reading too much into it, the calendars might not be the most accurate source regarding AFL list management:

View attachment 169006

View attachment 169007
At least we allow a right of reply on this board... Something your joke of a board thread could learn from.

Adelaide must be pretty on top of their calendar situation, then. I got the Geelong 2015 calendar at the start of the year, and Varcoe is on it. Kind of awkward. Guess they make these important decisions before trade period.
I think I read the Crows got burnt with Tippett being on their 2013 one so I'd say they are just making sure it doesn't happen again.

But as with everything we all look at it with a view that benefits us.

I really think we shouldn't allow opposition supporters to comment here, seeing we can't go to their board and harass and abuse their supporters for their opinions.

I may not agree with how Mahlepi keeps stirring them up here with the insular comments. But they do flock over here to abuse the poster where he/she can't even do the same on their board... And that applies to a few of our vocal supporters voicing their opinions on here.

Way too soft here

He must not be too clear if you felt the need to translate for him,

I would have thought he would "love him to stay to see the crows be successful" would be the statement I would make. I post on a Geelong board and yet the soft sooks come on in and continue to sook. You have your own insular thread, and an alternative thread, and the main board has a thread. So you come in here with your own stories as if we are going to believe them.

All I hope for is that you sooks are around in a few weeks, and not hiding under rocks.
We will be around in a few weeks and a strong playing list with or without danger ( likely without).....they are not mutually exclusive , I'm excited

I really think we shouldn't allow opposition supporters to comment here, seeing we can't go to their board and harass and abuse their supporters for their opinions.

I may not agree with how Mahlepi keeps stirring them up here with the insular comments. But they do flock over here to abuse the poster where he/she can't even do the same on their board... And that applies to a few of our vocal supporters voicing their opinions on here.

Way too soft here
That's not the approach we are taking here. If you have a problem with a post, report it.

We get danger for free, Crows get compensation pick..Then we trade.pick 7 to crows and they give us back their second rounder..We use that second rounder for Henderson. Would that be legal??

We get danger for free, Crows get compensation pick..Then we trade.pick 7 to crows and they give us back their second rounder..We use that second rounder for Henderson. Would that be legal??
No. The AFL has blocked similar deals in previous years - for example between Port and Essendon re Ryder.

View attachment 169006

View attachment 169007

Yep, and they are great players of the club so they're on our calendar......But danger isn't in the calendar at all! You'd think one of your best players would make the cut contracted or not.

View attachment 169006

View attachment 169007
OOTC, agree with you on the calendars. Absolutely meaningless.

As for the bumper stickers, if you haven't noticed, there's virtually zero support for the campaign on this board (and pretty universal ridicule/embarrassment) and if you look at the response on Twitter it's similar. Important to distinguish between the Geelong Advertiser, the club and its supporters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OOTC, agree with you on the calendars. Absolutely meaningless.

As for the bumper stickers, if you haven't noticed, there's virtually zero support for the campaign on this board (and pretty universal ridicule/embarrassment) and if you look at the response on Twitter it's similar. Important to distinguish between the Geelong Advertiser, the club and its supporters.

The over reaction over the calendar was madness, given that story has been out for weeks. For me pd is a competitive animal and would have been angry at not being nominates captain, unless of course he stepped because he knew he was gonesky.

The mod calendar though, that will be interesting

Yep, and they are great players of the club so they're on our calendar......But danger isn't in the calendar at all! You'd think one of your best players would make the cut contracted or not.
They didn't think him worthy of being captain
Must not rate him much:p

At least we allow a right of reply on this board... Something your joke of a board thread could learn from.
Not so sure about that. I posted on here some time ago when stories were circulating about him coming to HFC, and was promptly red carded so I dont think you can really afford to take the high moral ground here about freedom of posting

Not so sure about that. I posted on here some time ago when stories were circulating about him coming to HFC, and was promptly red carded so I dont think you can really afford to take the high moral ground here about freedom of posting

You are a slow learner hey?

Obviously have taken it well since you are lurking around here waiting to chime in

Way too soft here
2 wrongs dont make a right

Garbage. You trolled. Freedom comes with certain reasonable limitations.

Garbage. You trolled. Freedom comes with certain reasonable limitations.
is that right ? Funny how it seems OK for some teams touting for his services to superimpose his head on their jumper, at select times, but not others

882939-757aaa46-4ed0-11e5-b80b-e6817984bcd4.jpg

Its a fantasy that people have been led to believe is possible. Jay Clark for instance is one that thinks a deal will be done between Geelong and Adelaide for the Crows to allow Dangerfield to move to Cats under FA. Zero chance.
I wouldn't say zero chance universally. Zero chance of the above example where it's a clear trade of one thing of higher value for another of lesser. But some sort of trade that is not objectively one-sided? I wouldn't rule that out.

is that right ? Funny how it seems OK for some teams touting for his services to superimpose his head on their jumper, at select times, but not others

882939-757aaa46-4ed0-11e5-b80b-e6817984bcd4.jpg
Take it up with the Geelong Advertiser. Nothing to do with the football club, the fans or this board.

I wouldn't say zero chance universally. Zero chance of the above example where it's a clear trade of one thing of higher value for another of lesser. But some sort of trade that is not objectively one-sided? I wouldn't rule that out.
AFL wont allow a side deal to get FA over the line.

Edit: At least not under the current interpretation of the rules. There are many discussions going on between clubs and the AFL currently regarding exactly this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back