2015 Draft Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

If we get Francis this year and Allison in 2015 we could potentially have an unprecedented two packages.

And on the fake article - there could be a smidge of truth in there. If Schache really wants to play for the Lions we could get him in two years

Or he could easily do a Wingard and come to us. No big deal.

"Pick me if you want to risk it"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man I thought it was totally sensational, but it was written with exactly the smugness that some AFL articles are written - I totally fell for it.
I expect it to pop up somewhere sooner or later. "If the Brisbane Lions think Josh Schache will be their saviour... Then they clearly haven't done their research on the controversial young tall."

The AFL has the wiggle room to look after us with this interesting little clause in the Free Agency compensation rules.

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.

The AFL has the wiggle room to look after us with this interesting little clause in the Free Agency compensation rules.

In applying the formula, an expert committee reviews the formula outcomes. The committee has the power to recommend alternative outcomes to GM – Football Operations where the formula produces a materially anomalous result.
No doubt the committee turned a blind eye to the Frawley compo.

Thinking about this trade/draft period I think it would be best if no one gets a band 1 compo. AFL HQ have Essendon to think about as well and having all the prime talent gone before their first pick won't go down well.

If carlton do get pick 2 as well this could hurt us more than just loosing schache. Mills is ranked in the top 4 players in the draft so we will bid on him and swans will match it. So in a way by winning yesterday we may have dropped another spot in the draft.

The Vic media is frothing at the mouth about Carlton getting pick 1 and 2 in the draft. Nothing like giving a big 4 club a free hit.
Just read the article and written by a Carlton supporter I would assume. In the cold light of day the fact is that it could happen. But we could also do the same and get 3 + 4. Even before yesterday's result I was so over all of the crap going on I just want it to be all over and fast forward to the start of the new pre-season and take in whatever happens over trade and draft period and I still do. I want Schache and hopefully he comes to us. Not the end of the world if he doesn't. But everyone be prepared to have to listen to Carltank supporters crowing and going on.

I'm sure there's plenty examples on our board of people saying Leuenberger wouldn't get us pick 2. If you accepted that but are worried about having pick 3, just apply the same logic to Kreuzer.

Considering only percentage divided Bris and Carlton I think there is an argument here for an anomalous result particularly if we both ended up with band one priority picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back