Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you are a labor fan it is important to be after an Abbott win tonight. LNP will tear itself apart if he wins with plenty of changes made and it would almost certainly lead to an ALP win at the next election. If Turnball gets up it provides a nicer platform for the LNP to build towards and Turnball can sell. As much as I want Abbott gone I think he has to stay. But for me its almost a win win if he goes anyhow. He is a tool.
Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about a Turnbull government. At the end of the day it's still the same heartless Liberal party running the show, with every single member of the cabinet completely lacking the faintest shred of human decency. Most of the Libs still hate Turnbull - that hasn't changed in 2 years - it's just that about 1/3 of them saw themselves losing their jobs if Abbott were still in charge, so self-preservation took over and they voted for Turnbull anyway.

There's no doubt that Shorten is completely uninspiring and that Turnbull will be a better PM than Abbott. Whether anything else about this abhorrent government changes remains to be seen.

Honestly, I'm not sure what to think about a Turnbull government. At the end of the day it's still the same heartless Liberal party running the show, with every single member of the cabinet completely lacking the faintest shred of human decency. Most of the Libs still hate Turnbull - that hasn't changed in 2 years - it's just that about 1/3 of them saw themselves losing their jobs if Abbott were still in charge, so self-preservation took over and they voted for Turnbull anyway.

There's no doubt that Shorten is completely uninspiring and that Turnbull will be a better PM than Abbott. Whether anything else about this abhorrent government changes remains to be seen.

It doesn't matter who we get, they can't lie straight in bed.

It doesn't matter who we get, they can't lie straight in bed.

Abbott was an international embarrassment that was killing our overseas reputation and not to mention treating us voters as idiots with the way he spoke down to us. Slogans are great for elections but when you are asked in depth questions about the state of the budget we do not expect to hear we stopped the boats and repealed the Carbon and Mining tax's on repetitive cycle. He was a joke of a PM, it was clear he was always out of his depth because all his gaffs came when he was in uncontrollable situations that any statesman with half a brain should have been able to negotiate through. We wont see any of that with Turnball and hopefully instead of blaming everything on ALP two years on the government can start governing.

Abbott was an international embarrassment that was killing our overseas reputation and not to mention treating us voters as idiots with the way he spoke down to us. Slogans are great for elections but when you are asked in depth questions about the state of the budget we do not expect to hear we stopped the boats and repealed the Carbon and Mining tax's on repetitive cycle. He was a joke of a PM, it was clear he was always out of his depth because all his gaffs came when he was in uncontrollable situations that any statesman with half a brain should have been able to negotiate through. We wont see any of that with Turnball and hopefully instead of blaming everything on ALP two years on the government can start governing.

We can only hope.

Does anyone else get furiously pissed off whenever that "Frank Walker from National Tiles" ad comes on the radio?

I swear it has the ability to send me on a rampage one day. :mad::mad::mad:

:D:$:cool:

In Melbourne, I used to use the CD player that's how much it's played on Melbourne radio.

Last edited:
The bizarre thing is that Abbott will probably be remembered as one of the best and most effective opposition leaders Australia has ever had... and one of the worst (if not the outright title holder) PM Australia has ever had. Three word slogans work fine when you're tearing shreds off the government, but they're of no use whatsoever when you have to actually do something constructive.

Does anyone else get furiously pissed off whenever that "Frank Walker from National Tiles" ad comes on the radio?

I swear it has the ability to send me on a rampage one day. :mad::mad::mad:

:D:$:cool:

There's a couple of amusing remixes of his ads on You Tube.

They have got to be the most annoying ads on radio at the moment.

Facebook will be introducing a Dislike button. I dislike this.

Imagine the daily shitfights on here if Bigfooty followed suit.

At one stage - and this is before your time, young'un - BF did have that. Chief changed the forum software to what you see now, and part of that upgrade was a massive increase in buttons - there was a like, a dislike, a happy, a sad, an agree, lots of crazy stuff.

It lasted about two weeks before everyone was confused to hell about who was liking or trolling or whatever and it was terminated in favour of "like".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, I'm the CFO in an organisation. Tonight I have a board meeting where the board will sign off on my unqualified audit (yay!)

The PA / receptionist / sometimes assistant accountsperson just came to me and said:

Um, you know how I bought three carrots for the meeting to make carrot sticks, I dropped one and it snapped, so now do i throw it out, or do i go back and change the sizes of the other carrot sticks?

God bless her heart, I told her to make them whatever size they could be and we'd just mix it up a bit with different sized carrot sticks.

Okay, I'm the CFO in an organisation. Tonight I have a board meeting where the board will sign off on my unqualified audit (yay!)

The PA / receptionist / sometimes assistant accountsperson just came to me and said:

Um, you know how I bought three carrots for the meeting to make carrot sticks, I dropped one and it snapped, so now do i throw it out, or do i go back and change the sizes of the other carrot sticks?

God bless her heart, I told her to make them whatever size they could be and we'd just mix it up a bit with different sized carrot sticks.
Do you work at National Building Authority? Because that sounds like something straight out of Utopia haha.

Do you work at National Building Authority? Because that sounds like something straight out of Utopia haha.

I don't but it's hard to tell. I've worked in the PS and I'll tell you that show isn't a comedy, it's a documentary.

Also, the carrot ended up being put back in the fridge and not used. She couldn't hide the shame of wrongly-sized carrot sticks it seems.

Facebook will be introducing a Dislike button. I dislike this.

Imagine the daily shitfights on here if Bigfooty followed suit.

I tried to dislike this....alas there was no button. So here you go. :thumbsdown:

(like I could resist)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back