Roast Post your favourite opposition bitterness about our three-peat

Remove this Banner Ad

A collingwood friend today at shopping centre congratulates me and says " and now you guys going for pies record hey?" ...me " hahahha" as I walked way into the distance in front of his friends. It was perfect timing and felt right. He got the message.

Does Jake Niall really need to use words like 'bulwark' and 'hegemony' in football articles?

Personally I like how The Age doesn't write articles at a primary school level. In a world where people use the word 'literally' incorrectly every second of the day and massacre the English language like it personally wronged them - I'm glad that some out there write well.

- freo just couldn't kick straight.
- Sydney just had a bad day.
- West coast just too young and had a shocker. Becoming quite coincidental these bad days against Hawthorn.
- Flags are tainted as we get to play on our home ground and of course;
- Half the list were obtained via free agency.
And the collingwood supporters clinging to the 4 in a row. Pre ww2 where they actually lost the second semi and progressed to the GF anyway lol. Fairly certain Fitzroy won the spoon and the flag in the same season one year there were so few sides in the comp. Give us a spell. The one we won this year alone is worth ten of those Mickey mouse ones.
Best of all time!
You forgot....... we cheated by playing on our "home ground".
Also, of course, it wasn't Hawthorn having a "bad day" when they beat us over there in that final.

Mum's Geelong friend of 50 years has stopped taking calls/unfriended on FB etc after she gave him a right old up yours about their era being beaten by us.

He was unbearable when they won 12 straight meaningless games...now he's gone and ruined it.

Haha prick
#neednewfriends

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Just like to share some interesting information here:

Most Premierships.

16 - Carlton, Essendon.
15 - Collingwood.

13 - Hawthorn.
12 - Melbourne.
10 - Richmond.

Most Premierships since 1925 (the year we joined The VFL)

13 - Hawthorn
11 - Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne.
10 - Collingwood.
08 - Richmond.

The Australian Football League was established in 1990.

Most Premierships in The A.F.L.

5 - Hawthorn.
3 - Brisbane, Geelong, West Coast.
2 - North Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, Collingwood.
1 - Carlton, Port Adelaide.

These stats clearly show we are the greatest (sorry cats, you need to change the words to your song) club in the Australian Football League, and we have been the greatest in the competition since 1925.
Without our contribution, and to a lesser extent that of Geelong, interstate clubs would have won more flags than Victorian clubs since the founding of The A.F.L.

Good time to be arrogant, Hawk fans. Lets talk about 2016.:cool::D

These stats also put to bed the fairy tale known as THE BIG FOUR CLUBS.

Most Premierships.

16 - Carlton, Essendon.
15 - Collingwood.

13 - Hawthorn.
12 - Melbourne.

Seeing the bit in red is like treading in dog s**t and walking on to your newly laid carpet. Suicide committing (well attempted, failed naturally) campaigners.

Half their members can't name a player since Neitz and Schwartz left.

Seeing the bit in red is like treading in dog s**t and walking on to your newly laid carpet. Suicide committing (well attempted, failed naturally) campaigners.

Oh! I wouldn't say they can't name any current players. They all know Jack Watts.

I'm surprised. I remember wanting Brisbane to keep winning flags so I could say I witnessed history being made. Seems not everyone has the same view!
I was barracking hard for Brisbane to win their 3-peat....it meant Essendon and Collingwood didn't win.

I counted 13 threads on the front page of the main board all related to Hawthorn. Most of which were whinge based.
I won't be satisfied until there are 20 threads, surely we can inflict a little more heart break on those pussy supporters who failed to create a dynasty by 2 hours in 2008 and will forever just be a good ordinary side in the annals of history. Geelong supporters are the Ralph Wiggum's of the football world.

images

images

images

Last edited:
If you want to hear some quality bitterness listen to the 3AW call. Lane, Bomber and Lloyd had to grit their teeth through the whole call - classic listening. Also love how bitter they all were over Rioli winning the Normy :)

If you want to hear some quality bitterness listen to the 3AW call. Lane, Bomber and Lloyd had to grit their teeth through the whole call - classic listening. Also love how bitter they all were over Rioli winning the Normy :)
Yeah I suppose they would have given it to Kennedy or Nic Nac who were spuds for a day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you mean "3 votes" Priddis?
But he had a "good game".

Was just highlighting their pre-disposition towards being biased as opposed to an award being given to the "most outstanding" individual.

Just like to share some interesting information here:

Most Premierships.

16 - Carlton, Essendon.
15 - Collingwood.

13 - Hawthorn.
12 - Melbourne.
10 - Richmond.

Most Premierships since 1925 (the year we joined The VFL)

13 - Hawthorn
11 - Carlton, Essendon, Melbourne.
10 - Collingwood.
08 - Richmond.

The Australian Football League was established in 1990.

Most Premierships in The A.F.L.

5 - Hawthorn.
3 - Brisbane, Geelong, West Coast.
2 - North Melbourne, Adelaide, Sydney, Essendon, Collingwood.
1 - Carlton, Port Adelaide.

These stats clearly show we are the greatest (sorry cats, you need to change the words to your song) club in the Australian Football League, and we have been the greatest in the competition since 1925.
Without our contribution, and to a lesser extent that of Geelong, interstate clubs would have won more flags than Victorian clubs since the founding of The A.F.L.

Good time to be arrogant, Hawk fans. Lets talk about 2016.:cool::D

These stats also put to bed the fairy tale known as THE BIG FOUR CLUBS.

Most Premierships without having to win a grand final.

Essendon 2

Fitzroy, Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Gold Coast, Brisbane Bears, Brisbane Lions, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle, University, Richmond, Melbourne 0

;)

Most Premierships without having to win a grand final.

Essendon 2

Fitzroy, Hawthorn, Geelong, Collingwood, Carlton, North Melbourne, Western Bulldogs, Gold Coast, Brisbane Bears, Brisbane Lions, Sydney, GWS, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, West Coast, Fremantle, University, Richmond, Melbourne 0

;)

I went through the other day to check the records of teams that either didn't play a grand final or won through a challenge match (i.e. lost the final but played again as minor premiers)

Turns out the bombers have only won 12 legitimate grand finals. Carlton 14.

What I like most about the Melbourne stat is this:

Melbourne - 12 premierships
Hawthorn - 1 premiership

Melbourne - 12 premierships
Hawthorn - 13 premierships

;)

I went through the other day to check the records of teams that either didn't play a grand final or won through a challenge match (i.e. lost the final but played again as minor premiers)

Turns out the bombers have only won 12 legitimate grand finals. Carlton 14.

Obviousely my scan was not thorough enough. However, the extra information, just makes our record better.:thumbsu: Thanks Blaze.

I have not listened to the 3AW call yet. Probably will not now. What a shithouse crew to call a Hawks game. Who ever is responsible for that should be sacked. Dumb.

Already the complaints from media pundits has started - didn't take very long!

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...shows-up-the-other-clubs-20151006-gk2o0v.html

We can 'look forward' to reading a more of this next year, articles exceedingly biased against us without the authors even bothering to hide it.

I wonder if these critics will be smart enough to realize they're helping us by adding to our motivation? Nah probably not. :D

The real problem that the pundits don't want to face is that nearly half of the competition is completely incompetent. WB and St K each have a single premiership in their entire existence = chronic failures. Richmond and Melbourne look like adding many more years to the decades since they last won a premiership, Carlton and Essendon self-destructed through salary cap or drug rorts etc. My fear is that the AFL's view is that the secret to equalization is to drag the good clubs (eg Hawthorn) back to the field and create a comp that throws up different premiers each year (preferably from non-AFL states like NSW and QLD) . I've been watching footy since the early 60's and believe that the game is less attractive to watch than it was in the mid to late 80'- I believe that this is at least partly a consequence of the equalization rules applied by the AFL (also the dilution of talent through expansion). Gillon McLachlan looked like he was sucking a lemon at the GF presentation and its clear his approach will be to create a comp so equalized that it becomes a mediocre comp full of mediocre teams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back