List Mgmt. OFFICIAL: Scott Selwood moves to Geelong as free agent

Remove this Banner Ad

How can Scott have done a medical when he was in town for the grand final , flew back with the team, met with Simpson yesterday and will attend the Eagles B&F tomorrow?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-08/free-agency-opens-friday-dangerfield-leuenberger-and-selwood-in-the-spotlight?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS+feed:+AFL+Latest+News

He had a few spare hours on Saturday afternoon and maybe he decide he had something more exciting to do than just sit in his seat at the MCG :D

How can Scott have done a medical when he was in town for the grand final , flew back with the team, met with Simpson yesterday and will attend the Eagles B&F tomorrow?

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-08/free-agency-opens-friday-dangerfield-leuenberger-and-selwood-in-the-spotlight?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=RSS+feed:+AFL+Latest+News

Geelong might have sent someone over there to do a medical, i imagine through his family history we would know his medical issues well anyway.

He is their VC and a good bloke and wont distract from their b & f tomorrow,so i cant see anything getting announced tomorrow.reckon he is coming and we will hear next week.

He is not short on courage is he
Yep. But even the way he runs, holds the ball and kicks. Uncanny.

I hope he can overcome his ankle issues.

If he doesn't perform he won't be holding anyone back. If he does perform then his recruitment was justified. I just see it as adding depth to our list, especially areas that we are clearly lacking. I'm not really sure what your problem is...
My problem is that I don't think we should be paying 500k a season for a list clogger, simple as that, I don't have a problem getting him and I hope we do and he turns out to be great but gfc have to 100% certain before hand as his injury history and form have not been great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Yep. But even the way he runs, holds the ball and kicks. Uncanny.

I hope he can overcome his ankle issues.

My impression is joel is faster in a straight but yeah his running gait and ball drop is the same.

I think if he stays fit he will be a very good player for us.wouldnt surprise me if he is in the leadership group either.

My problem is that I don't think we should be paying 500k a season for a list clogger, simple as that, I don't have a problem getting him and I hope we do and he turns out to be great but gfc have to 100% certain before hand as his injury history and form have not been great.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Averaged 25.6 disposals & 7.6 tackles in 2013. He is a leader and another tough nut. Well worth the risk if he passes the medical. Back in 2006 Collingwood had the chance to take SJ but declined because he didn't pass the medical. I think this could be a similar situation were if he gets the ankle right, he can return to his best. At his best would be in our top 4 midfielders and probably get us back into the top four with Danger, Duncan, Motlop and his brother along side him.

Several ifs to be considered, but IF they fall our way, could be an inspired pick. Clearly has the talent just needs to get right.

Don't think that the Selwood family competition would be a bad thing either. Those two playing to win each contest goes well.

And we are due some success after the HMac failure. Law of average. Cant call it luck.

Go Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At last I am reading that Scooter is saying he actually would like to play in the same team as brother, Joel (that's if you believe what is written in today's Hun).

The big question for me is how serious his ankle injury is. Hopefully it's a case of Scooter needing further surgery now and he'll then be right.

Averaged 25.6 disposals & 7.6 tackles in 2013. He is a leader and another tough nut. Well worth the risk if he passes the medical. Back in 2006 Collingwood had the chance to take SJ but declined because he didn't pass the medical. I think this could be a similar situation were if he gets the ankle right, he can return to his best. At his best would be in our top 4 midfielders and probably get us back into the top four with Danger, Duncan, Motlop and his brother along side him.
Top four? You are going to be very surprised about how much Guthrie is going to explode next year. Will be an absolute gun.

Agree!
Guthrie's last 5-6 matches...Delicious.
I hope so, but we may also see Guthrie played of the half back flank to give us a bit more run out of defence. With Motlop, Caddy, possibly 2 Selwoods, Danger, Duncan & Blitz (I think he will be used less as a ruckman next year) there will be plenty of competition to be in the midfield, with a good mix of inside & outside players. You also have Lang, Murdoch & Cocky if they get games possibly getting a little time through the midfield.

Thats the problem really isn't it. Where do all these players fit. Its not outside the realms of possibility that we have Gurthie, Duncan, Selwood, Blicavs, Dangerfield, Motlop all reaching something close to or being amongst the elite midfielders of the competition next year. If S.Selwood comes and is able to force his way into our midfield that is a very exciting thing.

I kinda hope we don't get him.
Now we have a ruckman Blitz is really perfect for that run with role.
I wouldn't really have Scooter ahead of other mids for anything else.
Pros: 2012 B+F
Right age bracket
Joel's bro
Hard nut contested player

Cons: Dodgy ankle
In poor form
Questionable disposal
400k +
Cost a developing mid their spot.

Pros + Cons are 50/50 at best

Remove this Banner Ad

Back