List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was I wrong?

NDS has been ok, far from the dominant player his salary suggests. North jumper yes but we are really just a retirement fund.

Betts - we missed. Gun player.

The others get "likes, so what exactly is your point?

NDS was brought into the team to play with the team (Wells included) but Wells and Swallow were injured and only made it for the last part of the season.
Higgins and Waite were brought into the team to again go that next step further ( a Flag ), again Wells isn't in the equation. and NDS misses a huge slice of the season as well. = Same result.

2016 is the last roll of the dice with aggressive trading........ for WELLS, HARVEY and PETRIE its one more try, before the the club goes back into naturally developing yougsters. We would now have many players entering their prime years next year and beyond within the club. But again we dont have what I class as an absolute jet who has oodles of outside polish to take us to the prosper land.

Not yet anyway......Garner, many have tipped him to ooze that X factor, huge year coming up for him. The club has to screw up the temperature on Turner ever so slightly, ( I see him being an integral part of our midfield rotations in the future) these are the 2 that I've seen I hold hope for ATM.

Are we still holding hope that D Swallow will come to the club or will it be the other way around??

As Ive said before we are in dire need of a Harvey Bennell type at our club.......unless the club can wrestle one forward from out of nowhere from another club.

I feel we may look back on our recent trades of 2013 and 2014 as correct and astute but because of injuries to Wells ( both seasons ) NDS this year and Swallow last year is the key reasons that we didnt make it to the big dance.

Saintly, do you agree with me on this??

Last edited:

Would love to get Anderson. Was expecting him to have a breakout year this year. Not sure why it didn't happen, but he's similar to Garner in that his early career was hampered by injuries but he has all the tools to be a complete (and vey good) footballer.

Wouldn't surprise me if he selected a lower club where he felt confident of getting game time.

I guess if you're Hawthorn, they're all lower clubs.

If we can get Anderson (for this years second rounder) and Lennon (for next years 1st rounder) plus keep our first pick in this years draft I'd be absolutely rapt

Given the speculation on the quality of this year's draft versus next, I'm interested why you want to keep this year's? Someone in mind?

See I don't see this as much of an issue, I actually think we could use him there, push Gibbo into a defensive winger role and he can play a wing/HFF role which is what his manager and he seem to want
Is he better than Wood? This is the role Wood should be playing. Could have both playing this role?

Would rather Lennon if we could get him.

Think the issue is there's a lot of players who have some really good AFL standard traits, but also have a some big downsides weighing on them (pace, strength, awareness, mental drive etc). There are players like this every year in the project player category who'll take longer to come on, but there seems to be more of them in this crop and questions over their overall final ceilings as players (this is hard to predict, but I reckon with time drafting is improving in this regard)..

This is an interesting discussion. I have a bit to do with junior footballers, some at the pointy end. I'm concerned the analysis, re-analysis and over-analysis on young minds will drive many talented (in a football sense) out of the game. I also predict that every year there are some amazingly talented footballers - at least the equal to those drafted or playing at the highest level - that missed their chance due to missed opportunities, disadvantaged background and/or simply not being seen as having the head for it. Brainstorming a bit but local and country footy is littered with these types.

Does he?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
He and his manger thinks he has a big tank. Meant to have one of the biggest tanks and be one of the quicker guys of Melb, which wouldn't be hard. At least we aren't interested in the least fittest at Melb again.

Bastinac to Hawks makes zero sense.

He'd be very good in a team like Melbourne.

I actually hope he stays though. This year was a rocket and we have very little depth in his role.
Last year should have been a rocket. The writing was on the walk being a sub for on 3 finals which he had no impact when he came on. He went backwards last year and again this year.

If he has currency then move him on.

I just don't know about wood to be Frank but I see them as two different types. Agree would rather Lennon

Given the speculation on the quality of this year's draft versus next, I'm interested why you want to keep this year's? Someone in mind?
Pick 16 or thereabouts this year will net us another key tall or outside running midfielder for the future. Youth is something we desperately need

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Melbourne has made a significant bid to lure Melbourne high-flyer Jeremy Howe to the club, according to Channel Seven.

It's been reported that senior coach Brad Scott and football boss Geoff Walsh have led the charge to try and get Howe to Arden street.

Just not sure on Basti now. He was a player that I wanted in that draft year.
Showed a lot, but now meh. Even Tippo is quicker than him.
Happy to keep but also would upgrade a 2nd to an early 2nd.
Same with BMac. Would play Dumont before them now.

Fox Footy reporting Freo keen on Howe now.

From a North point of view, I think he costs us much more than he would improve us.

I must say I don't watch Melbourne and from that I can't comment on Howe. He does though across his career avg 120 marks and 320 odd disposals a season.

Sounds like what we wanted from Black as he's of similar build and height. As for what we'd need to give up, I doubt it would be our first rounder, maybe a Bastinac and something else. Seems like the type of player who could be much better in a decent side.

I think we've enough young guys waiting in the wings, if we had to package a player and our second that would be enough and we can say

upload_2015-10-11_9-28-37.jpeg

A lead up half forward, Howe would be a nice get at the right price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No more than 450k a year. Straight swap for Basti.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-11/trade-winds-roos-pounce-on-demon

Short move for Howe?

North Melbourne has made a significant bid to lure Melbourne high-flyer Jeremy Howe to the club, according to Channel Seven.

It's been reported that senior coach Brad Scott and football boss Geoff Walsh have led the charge to try and get Howe to Arden street.

As reported by AFL.com.au on Friday, Howe's manager Ben Niall said the Demon was considering offers from Gold Coast and two rival Melbourne clubs.

Howe is expected to make a decision by the middle of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back