List Mgmt. 2015 TRADE discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe's real deficiency as a player is that he can go missing for long periods of a game. He is highly skilled (susceptible to brain fades butnarent we all) but he doesn't seem to possess a natural (or consistent) ability to assert himself on a game if things aren't going well.

Was

was amazing in his draft year for SA but had a couple injuries in his first year that really slowed him up, Hes put on a lot of muscle and is quick and also has lovely kicks on both feet, im gutted to loose him i reckon he will be jet hes only 21 and has shown that he can become a great player

Thanks to all who have responded to my Q re Jimmy Toumpas. Like much in life opinions vary so I'm going to
put my rose coloured glasses on and cross my fingers.
Best to all and good luck for 2016.
By the way is Roos delivering for you?

His limitations aside, losing an established player in Howe, for yet another draft pick, is why our improvement has been so incredibly slow over the past 3 years. On top of that, we just can't seem to attract anyone.

Prestia's manager is on trade radio hosing down any speculation that he might move:

"He will 100% be at the Gold Coast Suns next year."

"He's settled in well on GC and has a local girlfriend... So much water to go under bridge in 12mths."

Prestia's manager is on trade radio hosing down any speculation that he might move:

"He will 100% be at the Gold Coast Suns next year."

"He's settled in well on GC and has a local girlfriend... So much water to go under bridge in 12mths."

Yep, not going anywhere for 2016 ... but was rather non-committal past that.

Hopefully a few more wins next year (like the 10 we should have won this year) and climb a few more places will hopefully have us as well placed as anyone.

Meanwhile, i knew Marty Pask from his playing days ... even his voice makes me want to punch him in the throat

Yep, not going anywhere for 2016 ... but was rather non-committal past that.

Hopefully a few more wins next year (like the 10 we should have won this year) and climb a few more places will hopefully have us as well placed as anyone.

Meanwhile, i knew Marty Pask from his playing days ... even his voice makes me want to punch him in the throat

Thankfully Liesel didn't marry the bastard.

Thanks to all who have responded to my Q re Jimmy Toumpas. Like much in life opinions vary so I'm going to

Yes and no, 2016 is the biggest year for this club in a long time. Need to significantly improve again on this year and show we are on track for finals in 2017.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If a player is at such a standard that we won't trade for him and risk losing him in the PSD, then why would we want him at all?
Yeah look maybe it's only my opinion but this is the rumoured trade I am least excited about. I don't see what he offers us, other than perhaps improving our depth at casey.

I think if either were to slide ... there would by lynching's out the front of Princes Park and/or the Gabba
Anything is possible when it comes to Carlton. After the Saints passed on Petracca last year I'm willing to believe...

GC just got the trade done with Freo for Bennell. Gives them 3, 16, 19 and 35. Would rather do Howe + 6 + 25 for 3 + 19 (16 seems very unrealistic) than 25 for Melksham.

Mahoney has been talking about increasing our picks inside the first round and this seems like a good opportunity. GC still seem to need some slightly older recruits. But it leaves us with nothing to trade for the other players we want. If only someone was gullible enough to take Dawes off our hands.

GC just got the trade done with Freo for Bennell. Gives them 3, 16, 19 and 35. Would rather do Howe + 6 + 25 for 3 + 19 (16 seems very unrealistic) than 25 for Melksham.

Mahoney has been talking about increasing our picks inside the first round and this seems like a good opportunity. GC still seem to need some slightly older recruits. But it leaves us with nothing to trade for the other players we want. If only someone was gullible enough to take Dawes off our hands.
I understand that Boral are hiring at the moment. :D

Although this in a way suggests it is even less likely that Carlton and Brisbane would pass up on KP talent in favour for a mid.
Yeah Petracca was as clear a number one as it gets and he still got passed up for the big guy.

He sort of could be said to have delivered Brayshaw which is a tick, he also delivered Simon Goodwin, which is an 'undecided' and Goodwin appears set on delivering Melksham, which is pure hell.

Realistically though, he will leave Melbourne in much better shape than he found it. There was a lot of 'Messiah' hoo ha initially which then brings impatience for results, but I do think that this was always a slow rebuild that needed to happen and Roos will ultimately be regarded as successful in bringing what was needed. Also gets credit for delisting Rohan Bail.

Can't be Freo obviously - I'd say Ross would be steering well clear after Colin demonstrated what an ex Demon can really produce with a certain mindset and readies in the billfold

Yeah Petracca was as clear a number one as it gets and he still got passed up for the big guy.

I think every club going into a draft needs to weigh up if they go best available or best fit, and generally at #1, they usually go best available. I remember thinking at the time that St Kilda did the right thing in going Best Fit because the top line KPP's probably wouldn't be there at their next pick ... and then they still snagged Goddard with 20-something.

I did of course think that with a sizable bulge in the pant region watching Petracca highlights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back