Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, not sure I agree with you about the definition of a successful immigration policy-sounds a bit odd to me. Don't really have a problem with economic migrants myself. That is what Medsy is after all and he's all right? ;)

If we allocate x thousand places for refugees are you ok that economic migrants take 90% of the places because the process is swamped and we are unable to assess people properly?

Well the Australian has a reputation for quality journalism, unlike the laughable ABC which has been caught out AGAIN churning out propaganda based as facts

I don't know what is worse, their claims to be unbiased or people who actually believe those claims.

What is odd about having an immigration policy that actually BENEFITS Australia?

The Australian and quality journalism should NEVER be used in the same sentence. Just a place for Murdoch to spew his vile opinions over the masses. And morons like yourself lap it up as gospel. Thankfully The Australian has seen its popularity wane over the last few years.

The ABC won a Walkley Award for their story on the disgusting practices of the greyhound industry last year. So they are still doing quality work (not that you would ever care to notice because of your ideological hatred of anything not owned by a billionaire).

And if the ABC is biased to the Left (which is a load of rubbish) then it is a bias born of a need for self preservation. The Libs always take a hatchet to the ABC everytime they come into office so it is just natural for them to favour the side of politics who doesnt want to gut them at every opportunity.

Posted over and over again on various threads, below is just one. Its stuff all to do with poverty, that's just pathetic apologist crap. One of the major reasons in the UK supposedly is the takeover of a large % of mosques by a hardcore element financed directly or indirectly by Saudis. Blair being the turd he is turned a blind eye to it despite the French repeatedly telling him of the problem because up until the Iraq war they were extremely solid labour voters (and are now again - hence numerous pack rape crimes being covered up as per Rotherham)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...ls-40pc-of-Muslims-want-sharia-law-in-UK.html
Ah well, that's pretty definitive -a 10 year old poll in the Daily Telegraph?

If we allocate x thousand places for refugees are you ok that economic migrants take 90% of the places because the process is swamped and we are unable to assess people properly?
Am happy for us to raise our quota and take more refugees. Where are you getting 90%? That isn't happening-anywhere as far as I have seen.

Well the Australian has a reputation for quality journalism, unlike the laughable ABC which has been caught out AGAIN churning out propaganda based as facts

I don't know what is worse, their claims to be unbiased or people who actually believe those claims.

What is odd about having an immigration policy that actually BENEFITS Australia?
Nearly choked on my glass of red! You are so funny sometimes.

Am happy for us to raise our quota and take more refugees. Where are you getting 90%? That isn't happening-anywhere as far as I have seen.

What is your limit on the number of refugees we accept each year? There are millions of people who would want to come here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol. So they aren't biased but even if they are they are ok. What a compelling argument

Just another fanboi.

Because a journalist ******* up a story and confusing two separate cases is evidence of a deep conspiracy of bias. You must see reds under the bed everywhere you go. Paranoid much.

Because a journalist ******* up a story and confusing two separate cases is evidence of a deep conspiracy of bias

Its hardly a one off. Their navy allegations were a joke. Its a constant bombardment of propaganda. I just clicked on their website now, a non story re Naura is in their top three stories. Its pathetic.

Seems to me like there's a new reason why we shouldn't take these people coming from you every week.

No. Just the same reason. Its not in Australia's best interests.

Some people are just too thick to understand.

Yep but again -this is a stupid out- of -date poll in a crummy newspaper-hardly compelling material is it.

What is it with your apologism? Poll after poll has shown the same thing. See recent polls after Charlie hebdo, Paris attacks etc

So many in this thread are just living in total denial.

And lol at the Telegraph being a crummy newspaper. Clueless.

Its hardly a one off. Their navy allegations were a joke. Its a constant bombardment of propaganda. I just clicked on their website now, a non story re Naura is in their top three stories. Its pathetic.

ABC didn't make any allegations.

But we all know that you know that. You just like saying it that way, because you know how weak your argument is.
It's not like you don't know the difference.
And you'll just repeat the same thing next time anyway.

You never let facts get in the way of your ideology. You're pathetic.

Inb4 #artdegree, #magicpudding, #jewhater, et al...

What is it with your apologism? Poll after poll has shown the same thing. See recent polls after Charlie hebdo, Paris attacks etc

well, the tele is full of s**t, they said only 100 people were at the Melbourne protest at state library, my pics would indicate around 7000...and polls, the only poll that counts is the one that asks every single citizen, not 500.

Am simply suggesting that in forming views on muslim assimilation, that its pretty 'clueless' to place too much significance on questionable polls in conservative newspapers.

Last edited:
This whole issue has been changed by Cologne in my opinion.

My original take was that there is a clear argument for an increase the number of refugees. Offshore circumstances dictated it and we could afford it. We also had to make sure they were coming here in a safe orderly fashion. Make no mistake, migrants have contributed massively to our culture over the past 200 years. Without them we'd be more like one of those boring, white-only American states, so my view has always been the more varied their background, the better..

Unfortunately, particularly if you dramatically increase the numbers of refugees, post-Cologne we need to start thinking more closely about who'll we accept. Its very easy to talk up your levels of compassion on a key board, or on twitter. It's different if you're inadvertently importing the disgusting treatment of women into your own backyard and it's your sister/mother/aunty who gets sexually assaulted in the local street as a result. This is exactly what happened in Germany because of their open border policies. The backlash against that and more generally the large numbers of refugees is killing the EU. (This is a massive political and economy story right now - those who only watch ABC and read Fairfax/Guardian would barely see it reported, but it's really quite a big deal.)

I don't care what your race is, but if you come to Australia (refugee or not), you need to adopt Western values, especially in relation to treatment of women.

To be fair, documentation is a fairly recent development.

Maggie is back peddling the lie that her family and friends rocked up to Australia as refugees without ID in the immediate post war period, just like people smuggler clients used to do here before Abbott put a stop to the trade.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Post War refugees in refugee camps after WW2 were extensively interviewed and documented before they were invited by the Australian government to come to Australia. Their fares were paid for them.

The documentation is all carefully archived in the National Archives and available online at http://naa.gov.au/collection/explore/migration/index.aspx

Migration records are one of the most significant parts of the National Archives collection. The records include:

• alien (non-citizen) registration
  • migration applications
  • case files
  • migrant selection documents
  • migrant accommodation records
  • naturalisation (citizenship) records
  • passenger records
  • passport records
  • policy files
  • visas and entry/exit documents
What could these records help me discover?

From 1945 onwards, a large part of the records document the assisted migration schemes that brought thousands from Britain and Europe, including displaced persons.

While many records document the migration and travel of individuals, other policy files deal with broader issues. They show the way in which the government and the departments responsible for immigration and citizenship made laws and decisions that affected who could come to Australia, what government assistance they might receive and who was and could become a citizen.

Finding migration records

You can use RecordSearch for migration, citizenship and travel records in our collection database. For general information about how to find records use the step–by–step guide for researchers.
If you are searching for records about an individual, use the NameSearch facility within RecordSearch. NameSearch lets you search more easily for records relating to a person by only looking for particular categories of records, such as migration records. To locate migration and citizenship records in NameSearch, select 'Immigration and naturalisation' in the 'Category of records' dropdown list.

Perhaps Maggie would like to look up her family's details and tell us how her family and their friends got here illegally and uninvited?

Please re-commence "we decide who comes and the circumstances in which they come" vs "anyone who wants to come here should be able to, and by whatever means they can afford".

The issue has never been one of missing documentation per se.

It is the issue of people smuggler clients using valid documentation to fly around the world to Malaysia or Indonesia and then destroying that documentation on the boat trip to Australia to make it difficult or impossible for DFAT to check their asylum claims.

Last edited:
GuruJane

Before I respond, might be appropriate to remind you of this BF rule, which you seem to delight in breaking and continually get away doing so.

Rule 1. We encourage rigorous debate as long as it stays on topic and subject. If you attack the man then you risk infraction; when responding, attack the argument not the poster.

Because of this, I decided to ignore you but a fellow poster drew my attention to your post and I can’t let it go without responding and am happy to put my personal experience of 4 years in a displaced persons camp and 6 months in Bonegilla against your internet reading and links.

Your post stated:
Post War refugees in refugee camps after WW2 were extensively interviewed and documented before they were invited by the Australian government to come to Australia. Their fares were paid for them.

Firstly the easy one; nowhere have I mentioned the payment of fares, of course it was free.
Are you aware that few of us had any money or possessions of any significance?

There were at least 4 other countries that interviewed refugees, in so far as extensive is concerned; do you think an hour is extensive? Further I doubt that extensive interviews included background checks in between the time between interview and offer to come to Australia. This was 1949!

The next part of your post consists of links of Migration Records.

Again you seem to be out of your depth.

I have actually been there several times and you know what? There are only two mentions of my family.

One record of my deceased husband and only states arrived by ship, no other details not even date of death.
Under this record is: Access status: Open

The other record is of my mother and all the children with only the dates of birth, no details of ship, date of arrival, or death.

There is no other mention of my family or that fact that my father and one of my brothers and sister have since died.
Under this record is: Access status: Not yet examined

I truly do not understand where you get all this hatred and bile you spread on the internet and why you have the need to attack posters on areas that you do not understand but if that is how you get your kicks, I feel sorry for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back