Certified Legendary Thread Sympathy for *essendon - congratulations on '16 Wooden Spoon (RIP The Scales)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a little bit dirty for saying this but a large part of me hopes * wins this week.

I get it.

There is nothing that they can really do to drag themselves outta the s**t this year.

But dragging the Pies into it? Almost worthy of wanting them to win.

I see it the other way. Big day, big game, * get pasted. Pies pump up their tyres all week, all over the papers etc.......until someone asks Bucks about how he thinks they'll go against Wet Toast next Sunday afternoon in Perth.

Bucks square rock jaw hits the table as he realises his forlorn task.........priceless :)

Win -Win really.

I see it the other way. Big day, big game, * get pasted. Pies pump up their tyres all week, all over the papers etc.......until someone asks Bucks about how he thinks they'll go against Wet Toast next Sunday afternoon in Perth.

Bucks square rock jaw hits the table as he realises his forlorn task.........priceless :)

Win -Win really.

The fallout if the pies lost to the *scum would be ridiculous though.

Surely they're expected to lose to the Duckers.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-04-29/wise-decisions-see-eagles-avoid-supplement-trouble

"I can't speak for all of the players, but the ones I have spoken to have no sympathy for the Essendon players," Stewart said.

"The AFL does education sessions on illicit substances, performance enhancing substances and harassment. The players are very well educated."

Tell me again how everyone in the industry feels the * players were hard-done-by and wants them let off?

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just when you think this story has finished it gives a bit more.

Message to James. Just pay your bills and go quietly. You have destroyed your reputation and destroyed your beloved club. All you had to do is accept responsibility for what happened to your players. It may not have been your fault but it was your responsibility. There are now young blokes who your club will not or cannot tell what they were injected with - they live with that for the rest of their lives. You were the boss when that all happened. You just didn't have the guts to say it happened under my watch so I will resign. Now just fugg off.

It may not have been your fault but it was your responsibility.
This. The failure to understand the distinction between blame (and fault) and responsibility is one that hird* and the players seem to have no concept of.

I first learned this one via the fridge magnet bought by my wife. "I didn't say you were responsible. I said I was going to blame you." or something. Actually, I learned this earlier, but I like this particular one. Need one for *. "Whether or not you're to blame, you are responsible."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back