NAB Challenge vs Brisbane Friday

Remove this Banner Ad

Blueinblood

Cancelled
Sep 18, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Moving on from tonights VFL match, this is our next match.
Will probably start around 4, but hopefully a bit later.

-Fevola has stated he is keen to sit this one out.
- Return of Walker, Houlihan and Betts most likely. Will be good to see Betts, Garlett and Yarran together.
- Will most likely be a high turnover of players who played tonight as a 6 day break isnt ideal at this stage of the year.
- Casboult will hopefully get a crack.

Do the same rules apply RE: Bench and Subs for the Challenge?

I wonder what Vossy thinks of his new recruit deciding whether or not he'll play.

Really looking forward to seeing Walker, Betts and hopefully Simpson running around out there again.

Does anyone know if Murphy is a chance?

Can't see Murphy or Waite playing in next week's practice match. Will depend on what type of schedule they are both on, but Waite said he probably won't do anything until March.

Can't see Murphy or Waite playing in next week's practice match. Will depend on what type of schedule they are both on, but Waite said he probably won't do anything until March.

Maybe even later from other reports...

Do we have a time for the game?

Most likely Friday, but i bloody hope its a Saturday. I understand it needs to be early because of light, but 4 ocklock makes it hard for lots of people to get there.

Most likely Friday, but i bloody hope its a Saturday. I understand it needs to be early because of light, but 4 ocklock makes it hard for lots of people to get there.

Given that Saturday is forecast to be 33 degrees, i'd also think it would be Friday. Either way, i'll be there. Would really like to see Levi get another chance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also hope Casboult gets an opportunity at full forward. We need to get some games into O'hAilpin as a full forward option too...

If the MC insist on playing Kreuzer forward, it has to be as a roaming CHF instead of a stay at home goalsquare type. He is totally wasted there.

Ideally as the season progresses, Warnock and Kreuzer will share the ruck duties down the middle with the rest of Kreuzer's time either spent galloping around the ground like a midfielder or pinch-hitting up forward in very short bursts.

I honestly wouldn't care if occasionally Warnock rucked and Kreuzer started in the centre square with him!

This game should be a better measure of where we're at, playing on a familiar ground and all.

I'd suggest a Nab 'challenge' match is even less of an indicator as to where you're at than an actual Nab Cup match (if that's possible).;) Though I read somewhere these matches are played with normal H&A rules? That'd give it some sort of... meaning.

I wonder what Vossy thinks of his new recruit deciding whether or not he'll play.
There's a pretty decent chance that he was informed by, or made a decision with, the club, as to whether he would play or not. He's smart enough to know he doesn't pull the strings.

He's smart enough to know he doesn't pull the strings.

Yeah, he's a regular genius :rolleyes:

2ce51jn.jpg

Sorry, back on topic for a sec.......just throwing one out of left field.....with Fisher going down with the ACL and our back 6 looking fairly settled, with some added depth and an encouraging debut from Davies, if he's fit it might be an interesting experiment playing Simon White in the Fisher, third forward role....has the size and pace (2.89 State Screening IIRC), a good competitor with strong defensive instincts as well.

Sorry, back on topic for a sec.......just throwing one out of left field.....with Fisher going down with the ACL and our back 6 looking fairly settled, with some added depth and an encouraging debut from Davies, if he's fit it might be an interesting experiment playing Simon White in the Fisher, third forward role....has the size and pace (2.89 State Screening IIRC), a good competitor with strong defensive instincts as well.

Did he play any footy as a forward in the WAFL?
As good as Fisher was training this pre-season, he would have been struggling to make the senior team on a weekly basis. His kicking just lets him down too many times.

Please start new thread if worth while!

I would like to see FEV play one last game back where it all started.

Must have to admit, I was the first to say Fev has to go! Mainly because of the effect he had with our young group, off the field, but enough of that!

Fev is a champion and will always be a Carlton great! He still deserves the accolades and acknowledgement from our club and supporters; you’d be lying if you didn’t enjoy what he provided for us against great rivals.

Please fev except this offer to come back and play one more game at visy where it all began and give us the chance to acknowledge you for the highlights you gave us and the Carlton Football Club but mainly the fans.

Please start a petition to get Fev back to where it all began one last time
Sorry about the large formatting

The WAFL games I saw he only drifted forward from HB. Other reports say he has shown signs as a forward.

Sounds like we have picked up a good one here Splendini. Where White is now, might be a similar place to where Austin is now. Both drafted as defenders, but both are capable of playing forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back