Minecraft
Dec 15, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Storm | Red Bull Racing | Everton
~Match Thread~

Well, it's here, the big one. The two best teams of the year playing in what should be the best game if year.

Go at it here, but play nicely. :)

(Full preview to be added on later today)

Cats Coming in after a Very Easy Game vs the Eagles and Pies Coming in while Stealing the Game vs the Hawks.

Would Close Game or Blow Out help Which Team?

I just hope Collingwood are competitive, I hate blow outs.

Cats Coming in after a Very Easy Game vs the Eagles and Pies Coming in while Stealing the Game vs the Hawks.

Would Close Game or Blow Out help Which Team?

I don't think it matters to be honest, except for injuries and sore bodies.

The last 3 premieres (Pies, Cats and Hawks) had the easier prelim win.

So...Geelong vs Collingwood grand final?

Once again, those three weeks were absolutely pointless.

I hope this is not going to be the actual gameday thread. It will be so full of s**t by the time the game actually gets underway.

Any sort of analysis suggests Geelong should win. Simply, their players are in better form, their list is healthier, their recent wins have been more impressive, and they have accounted for Collingwood 2 from 2 this year including an absolute spanking.

I will be so much more proud of a Collingwood win this year than I was last year should it eventuate. It will take something special in my opinion, so here is hoping for something special!!

I think we'll lose, but I'm still big kev excited to be in it with a chance

With the form that Geelong have shown over the last month they are undeniable favourites.

Collingwood will have to bring their "A" game or it will be a 5-7 goal win by the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Predictions:
Game: Geelong by 20
First goal: Tom Hawkins
Norm Smith: Jimmy Bartel
Most goals: Travis Cloke (4)
Most possessions: Dane Swan (36)

Will probably come down to how fresh each team is from their respective prelims.

Geelong by 3 goals.

Predictions:
Game: Geelong by 20
First goal: Tom Hawkins
Norm Smith: Jimmy Bartel
Most goals: Travis Cloke (4)
Most possessions: Dane Swan (36)

Why thank-you. :)

The 2 best teams face off, which is the way it should be, and both have concerns.

The Cats have lose goal power in Menzel and probably Johnson, while the Pies have plenty of under done players, who will no doubt improve after a tough hard match last night.

The stories of the week will be Steve Johnson, Reid and Jolly, and whether they all will play or not.

This game will be tight, in a very similar vein to the round 8 game at the MCG.

Note that no side has kicked 10 goals against the Pies in 2 finals, so expect this to be low scoring as well.

There will be 12 points in it either way, it will be a tight, nail biting grand final, the way it should be.:)

Also, rain is forecast Thursday through Sunday, so it is likely to be slippery at best, although the best sporting ground in Australia holds up well under any conditions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back