Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, Should have had the chance in his rightful position.

Blind Freddy can see his game is intercepting.

Hoping Scott gets back to basics and plays players to their strengths.
he can't defend an opponent, has no ground game, barely chases and can't run out a game.
as for intercepting, ridley does it better. others in the back 6 can also take a mark while being able to do the other stuff.

he can't defend an opponent, has no ground game, barely chases and can't run out a game.
as for intercepting, ridley does it better. others in the back 6 can also take a mark while being able to do the other stuff.
Yeah, fitness a huge issue but it was dumb as dogshit playing him forward.

Should have taken Heppell's spot.

Why do I get the feeling this is going to develop into another Ted Richards situation?

I wonder if any of the SA clubs came for him at all?

Personally, while we did stuff him quite a bit with his development and positional changes it astounded me that Francis could not build a tank in all these year's.
It's like he has a Suzuki swift tank inside a Toyota Kluger.
Has skills but no point if you can't utilize then because you're cooked halfway through the second quarter.

Unless Sydney fitness can address that issue, Francis will still be playing 2's more than not.

Good luck to him but I hope he's hopeless any game he may play against us.

I wish him all the best but I cannot imagine him ever developing a sufficient fitness level to be a genuinely good player. Even when his fitness gets reasonable he's always just an injury away from being back at square one. And he gets injured a fair bit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The thing I noticed more so than his tank this year is that he had no trouble in getting in good positions but he was dropping a lot of marks that he should have taken. I was waiting for that one game where everything was going to click but alas it never did.
I remember watching him live at marvel in his first game for us against Brisbane and he took a couple of good hangers that day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back