Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Shame, should have been stronger with his trade request back to SA a couple of years back. With the benefit of hindsight, he flim flammed and just wasted away really.

Really disappointing that we drafted a guy I thought would dominate games as the +1 for the next 15 years and it feels like we only got a look at him in full flight in that role for literal minutes at a time.

Failure in development, probably our biggest I would say.

Last edited:
I do think he has a better chance at Sydney then us, Port or the Crows. He’s away from the limelight there plus Sydney have a pretty good track record of reinvigorating players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had the loss of his brother just before being drafted didn't he?

Would have been so tough for him early on and no doubt contributed to his slow development.

He was probably the wrong choice at the draft, but on the same token we weren't a great run club so that probably didn't help with the mental health issues he had.

Good luck to him at Sydney, and also good on him for giving moving to another different state to have a crack than taking the easy way put and going to Adelaide, not that he probably had a choice.

Hindsight really is amazing.

But with the benefit of it I gotta say.. let’s not select any more guys that can’t run and hope they learn to run

Big deal if you dominate boys footy with size or talent

Nah, it’s fine to draft players who have shortcomings. Most do.

Our problem is we’re completely unable to do anything developing any part of anybody’s game.

Our problem is we’re completely unable to do anything developing any part of anybody’s game.
What’s better for your development than being played out of position or dropped for a senior spud to return from injury ever time you string a couple games together? Character building
or so your captain isn’t embarrassed by the club and actually dropped

What’s better for your development than being played out of position or dropped for a senior spud to return from injury ever time you string a couple games together? Character building
or so your captain isn’t embarrassed by the club and actually dropped
the fact that the only position where he's ever looked afl standard is the same one that they use to hide heppell is telling.

I'm not talking about not drafting players with shortcomings

I'm talking about avoiding the very specific shortcoming of not being able to run

Remove this Banner Ad

Back