Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably trying to get Sydney's future third instead of pick 75?

I guess so, the trade news saying we wanted to use Sydney's future 3rd for Weideman, although it also says Melb want our future 3rd and not Sydneys.

Maybe Dodoro should just let it go. You'd think that playing nice sometimes would give you credit in the bank for future trades, and they're not talking high picks.

Not sure why we'd want to try stop Francis leaving.

It could be to do with Brad Scott wanting to give the majority of the players on the list a chance before making any big decisions. But from the sounds of it Francis has already decided he wants to play for Sydney and I agree with you we should let him go. He showed glimpses in his first two seasons but very little since then. And if anyone can turn him around it is the Swans.

The delay is likely just due to the hold on AFL trades to make the last run home a bit more interesting. I'm sure that the details are already thrashed out.

Good point, the AFL probably don't want to be watching tumbleweeds for the last couple of hours of trade time.

Still, the Francis and Weideman trades are hardly likely to get the hearts racing in the audience as the deadline draws near.

The delay is likely just due to the hold on AFL trades to make the last run home a bit more interesting. I'm sure that the details are already thrashed out.
In principle it’s a third round pick or future 3rd, in a three way trade with Melbourne for Weideman, but they hardly need to hold this up for the last day. They’ve got Dunkley and Henry headed for the draft at this rate and two of Hawthorn’s big fish are on their way out along with Fremantle playing hard ball and a bunch of other random crap.

They hardly need to manufacture drama about a kid looking for opportunities at the cost of a late pick

I guess so, the trade news saying we wanted to use Sydney's future 3rd for Weideman, although it also says Melb want our future 3rd and not Sydneys.

Maybe Dodoro should just let it go. You'd think that playing nice sometimes would give you credit in the bank for future trades, and they're not talking high picks.

Are Melbourne trying to suggest that… Sydney are better than us?! :eek:

Good point, the AFL probably don't want to be watching tumbleweeds for the last couple of hours of trade time.

Still, the Francis and Weideman trades are hardly likely to get the hearts racing in the audience as the deadline draws near.

Dodoro being involved always sells, no one actually cares about the players involved so long as they can spend all day spinning the "dOdOrO iS hArD tO dEaL wItH wHy IsN't ThIs TrAde DoNe yEt" narrative despite trades not being allowed to happen until after 3pm.

Dodoro being involved always sells, no one actually cares about the players involved so long as they can spend all day spinning the "dOdOrO iS hArD tO dEaL wItH wHy IsN't ThIs TrAde DoNe yEt" narrative despite trades not being allowed to happen until after 3pm.
The thing is, it doesn't need to be manufactured. There is always at least one big trade that takes up most of the last day anyway. This year I'd expect both the Henry deal and the Dunkley deal to both take up a lot of time (And if both go to the PSD it makes it very interesting). Last year I'm pretty sure the Dawson deal took a lot of time, year before was Dunkley again, can't remember who it was 2019 but there would have been one, 2018 it was Shiel, and plenty of others went on.

You need to remove the full stop from the URL!

On the move: Out-of-favour Bomber finds new home in Sydney

‘Francis said he was excited to start a new chapter in Sydney.

“This gives me a great opportunity to play my best football. Sydney is a club with an excellent culture and great leadership and it’s probably the best environment for me to find my potential.”

Nice little parting shot!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

“This gives me a great opportunity to play my best football. Sydney is a club with an excellent culture and great leadership and it’s probably the best environment for me to find my potential.”

ouch. true, but still.

only speaking the truth, good luck to him

link GIF

Mmmm... thanked the players specifically, rather than the club.

Dunno. He was supported through his mental health issues, or he was 'supported' through them.

Good luck, Frank. Really hope to see you fulfill your potential.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back