NFL (14/15) Super Bowl XLIX: New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Game Predictions...(1 vote per category)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard a few nfl people saying it was one of the best if not the best super bowl ever. But I don't think it was. Was so hum drum for most of the game. Boring. What do you guys think? I thought pats panthers, Bengals niners, Steelers cards. We're all the best.
1st quarter was a great defensive battle.
2nd quarter was a great offensive battle.
2nd half was a great see-saw.

It had everything you want in a game.

I keep trying to think it through, and I just aren't sure whether Pittsburgh-Arizona was better or this one. They're my top 2 though (I've seen 42-49, haven't watched pre-42)

On the 'should BB use his Timeout' debate.
It comes down to the person.

I'd say a defensive coach would trust his defence to keep them out and let the clock wind down letting the defence win the game.
While an offensive coach would try to preserve time so his offence can score.

Considering 90% of fans are offense first people, I'd expect most here to be questioning BB not burning his TOs.

There's no right or wrong.

Highlight specific sentences? Just so that I'm aware.

lol Says someone who wasn't even a Pattycake fan then. Why do you think NE have to deal with so much s**t, even if it's unwarranted? As I said in the other thread, it's the residual effect of a very suspicious sb36 result. The single shittest team ever in a sb, beats the single best team ever in the nfl, in the sb? Get ****** that result was legit.

It's like with Michael Schumacher, another cheating ****. He has lots of fans. Lots of idiots who embellish everything he does, including farts. But even his first, if not only, WC (1994), was won with a dirty car. Time passes.New "fans" take an interest. They don't know or care of the past. They don't give a **** about any integrity. All they care about is the satisfaction they get out of bandwagoning. Tbh, I would be surprised if they did it all by themselves. The NFL had a lot of goodwill/publicity to gain out of that game.

As far as the Panthers go? Well, their first 20 seasons s**t all over the first 20 seasons of the New England/Boston/New Hampshire/Connecticut/Massachusetts/Whatever the **** they were called Patriots

Also, it does NOT matter when a person chose to support their team. I know Woodson says, "you can't claim a lombardi from the 80s if you only started following a team in the 2000s"....but imo, if one ends up becoming a fully in-love fan of a team, for life, knows plenty about their history, and historical games, etc, then in MY books, a fan is allowed to discuss and 'claim' past successes, and bring things up from the past. The BEST analogy I have is......so what, a person can't be a TRUE Christian unless they were there when the Romans were feeding them to the lions? That's bullshit. People are Christians today, 2000 years later, and claim the history of christianity in the process, can discuss Jesus, Romans, lions, inquisition, the bible, etc, regardless when they were born.

Good luck to those who live in denial.. :drunk::confused:

what an odd example to compare sports with 'tribal support' to these religious nuts?? :confused:

So they're claiming history are they? :D:D:D:D:D:D btw ...who did the Christians slay to make themselves beat their chests in glee??

The church is as scandalous as much as the next sexual fiend..

http://www.christianpost.com/news/s...-church-nearly-3-billion-over-8-years-117297/

Go celebrate that ^^^ too!! :p:p:p

I suggest you guys watch those games I listed first, especially both Cowboys-Steelers games...they had everything too, mishaps, big plays, comebacks, dropped passes, controversies, on-side kicks, etc, just like some of the more recent games like Titans-Rams, Cards-Steelers, Panthers-Pats. Games where all manner of things happened right thruout the game.
I would be interested to see how this board ranks the Superbowls and see what game comes out on top. I'm sure recent games will rate highly, but i might tee something up.

lol Says someone who wasn't even a Pattycake fan then. Why do you think NE have to deal with so much s**t, even if it's unwarranted? As I said in the other thread, it's the residual effect of a very suspicious sb36 result. The single shittest team ever in a sb, beats the single best team ever in the nfl, in the sb? Get ****** that result was legit.

It's like with Michael Schumacher, another cheating ****. He has lots of fans. Lots of idiots who embellish everything he does, including farts. But even his first, if not only, WC (1994), was won with a dirty car. Time passes.New "fans" take an interest. They don't know or care of the past. They don't give a **** about any integrity. All they care about is the satisfaction they get out of bandwagoning. Tbh, I would be surprised if they did it all by themselves. The NFL had a lot of goodwill/publicity to gain out of that game.

As far as the Panthers go? Well, their first 20 seasons s**t all over the first 20 seasons of the New England/Boston/New Hampshire/Connecticut/Massachusetts/Whatever the **** they were called Patriots.

Your asshurt is so delicious. Lick my rings.

"lol Says someone who wasn't even a Pattycake fan then."

that's for starters.

Look, it's fine to amicably bait and troll people here. As long as it's not day-in, day-out, and aggressively intended. We're all here to enjoy OUR teams of choice, and the sport we love. It's not a Pats fans fault if the Patriots happen to be chronic cheaters ( :p ) and it's not a Raiders fans fault if the Raiders suck and get smashed 52-0 etc. Sure, if a fanbase on here get high and mighty, or come here just to antagonize other fanbases, then it's fair game to attack back etc. Like they do when people from all over start attacking their team. When a team gets in trouble, sure, we can argue/debate. But that also means fans of that team THEMSELVES are not being equally aggressive towards people by calling them "morons", "haters", etc, for bringing up devil's advocate points and taking a side of the debate. People are allowed to take sides in a debate (like deflategate) without either side calling each other morons etc and acting pompous.

People from both sides of a debate need to pull their heads in at times. There's also a time when there's no new news, everyone is waiting for a Ted Wells report, more info, the debate has petered off, because NONE of us knows what's really going on, what's truth or not....so it's uncalled for to just continue aggressively hunting fans of a team, or those fans aggressively hunting people either. In the meantime, the Pats beat the Seahawks, are Lombardi winners, the off-season is upon us, move on. Wait for news, then cordially debate any new info on deflategate/etc, without attacking each other per se (unless warranted, unless someone in particular is being a douche).

Also, it does NOT matter when a person chose to support their team. I know Woodson says, "you can't claim a lombardi from the 80s if you only started following a team in the 2000s"....but imo, if one ends up becoming a fully in-love fan of a team, for life, knows plenty about their history, and historical games, etc, then in MY books, a fan is allowed to discuss and 'claim' past successes, and bring things up from the past. The BEST analogy I have is......so what, a person can't be a TRUE Christian unless they were there when the Romans were feeding them to the lions? That's bullshit. People are Christians today, 2000 years later, and claim the history of christianity in the process, can discuss Jesus, Romans, lions, inquisition, the bible, etc, regardless when they were born.
You wrote too much to bother breaking up the quote. ???

First of all, even you know all Patsy fans are bandwagoner. I also disagree with Woodson's point, if indeed it is his. But it's not just the bandwagoning. Patty bandwagoning is the most blatant bandwagoning in all sports, including ManUtd. Typically, when one chooses a team to follow, particularly from a competition that doesn't involve a local team, and more so when they competition isn't even in their own country, they pick a team that is relatable to them, in one way or another. But there has to be something other than the winning part, even if the team is winning.

To an Australian who follows footy. You can find one attractive factor about all teams in the NFL, even if it's obscure, except one. And that is the Patsy's. Outside the winning and that Tom Brady is a very handsome man. What on earth is attractive about NE? There's nothing. They're just a bland, vanilla nothing. That's why they're the worst. "I've been following them before sb36" LOL!

First of all, even you know all Patsy fans are bandwagoner. I also disagree with Woodson's point, if indeed it is his. But it's not just the bandwagoning. Patty bandwagoning is the most blatant bandwagoning in all sports, including ManUtd. Typically, when one chooses a team to follow, particularly from a competition that doesn't involve a local team, and more so when they competition isn't even in their own country, they pick a team that is relatable to them, in one way or another. But there has to be something other than the winning part, even if the team is winning.

To an Australian who follows footy. You can find one attractive factor about all teams in the NFL, even if it's obscure, except one. And that is the Patsy's. Outside the winning and that Tom Brady is a very handsome man. What on earth is attractive about NE? There's nothing. They're just a bland, vanilla nothing. That's why they're the worst. "I've been following them before sb36" LOL!
Stop h8ing

some are bandwagoners and they annoy the s**t out of everyone, but not all

There's a reason why there's a long line of Raiders, 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys, Packers fans from the 80s. And why there's a long line of Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Colts, Broncos, and now Seahawks fans in the last 10 years.

People tend to pick the winningest teams to support. Often that's due to them being on TV more than other teams. Also, it's human nature to want to be supporting a winning team.

There was probably one or two long-time Seahawks fans BEFORE the last 4 years on this board. Now there's like a hundred. If the Jaguars suddenly become the next Seahawks, there'll be a hundred new Jaguars fans to go with the one or two old-time Jags fans who were there during the lean years.

So bandwagoning will always exist, like prostitution will always exist. No use waging war against it, or being sanctimonious about it. The bigger thing for me is just having people in Australia getting into the sport more and more, and imo naturally, people will gravitate towards a team even if they started following other teams. And people also jump off wagons when the ship starts sinking too. It's all relative.

Woodson himself started a 49ers fan, when he was new to the sport, getting his first taste of it. But in time, he found his true team. And became a rabid supporter, truly 'in love'.

I made a relevant post about all this in the New to NFL thread, link to post here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...a-team-to-follow.668440/page-52#post-36907195

I would be interested to see how this board ranks the Superbowls and see what game comes out on top. I'm sure recent games will rate highly, but i might tee something up.
pls

Will be hard to go past 97, yes I'm biased but it was a great game, not the greatest tho

I'd say XLII and XLIII are the two best I've watched start to finish live since I've really got into the game, I'd like to think they'd at least be in the top 7 or so of all time anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason why there's a long line of Raiders, 49ers, Steelers, Broncos, Cowboys, Packers fans from the 80s. And why there's a long line of Patriots, Steelers, Packers, Colts, Broncos, and now Seahawks fans in the last 10 years.

People tend to pick the winningest teams to support. Often that's due to them being on TV more than other teams. Also, it's human nature to want to be supporting a winning team.

There was probably one or two long-time Seahawks fans BEFORE the last 4 years on this board. Now there's like a hundred. If the Jaguars suddenly become the next Seahawks, there'll be a hundred new Jaguars fans to go with the one or two old-time Jags fans who were there during the lean years.

So bandwagoning will always exist, like prostitution will always exist. No use waging war against it, or being sanctimonious about it. The bigger thing for me is just having people in Australia getting into the sport more and more, and imo naturally, people will gravitate towards a team even if they started following other teams. And people also jump off wagons when the ship starts sinking too. It's all relative.

Woodson himself started a 49ers fan, when he was new to the sport, getting his first taste of it. But in time, he found his true team. And became a rabid supporter, truly 'in love'.

I made a relevant post about all this in the New to NFL thread, link to post here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...-team-to-follow.668440/page-52#post-36907195

Nah, there's more to it than that. But would require an essay.

And Woodson?...Eww...I hope that's not true...I don't think he'd want you revealing that...:$

I made a relevant post about all this in the New to NFL thread, link to post here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...a-team-to-follow.668440/page-52#post-36907195
WOW, Woodson, how do you like the 9ers now?

imadodgyumpire is soooooo btthurt its not even humorous

And Woodson?...Eww...I hope that's not true...I don't think he'd want you revealing that...:$

WOW, Woodson, how do you like the 9ers now?

I'm a student of the game first & foremost. GG isn't entirely accurate in saying I was a 49ers fan... just admired them. They were the most systematic / played smart and were given maximum exposure. Red was never my colour so I didn't embrace them as 'my team' ever. Also the definition of 'rabid' isn't what I put out on BF with being a Steelers fan.. ('educated passionately' is the wording I'd describe it as).. I've mellowed a lot since my 'hard-nose- success-starved' feral North Melb days before success arrived to Arden St.

I like the way GG waves his magic wand from the swinging chandelier and casts a spell on the notion that whatever he says about others is gospel.. :D c'mon MAN!!

I'm a student of the game first & foremost. GG isn't entirely accurate in saying I was a 49ers fan... just admired them. They were the most systematic / played smart and were given maximum exposure. Red was never my colour so I didn't embrace them as 'my team' ever. Also the definition of 'rabid' isn't what I put out on BF with being a Steelers fan.. ('educated passionately' is the wording I'd describe it as).. I've mellowed a lot since my 'hard-nose- success-starved' feral North Melb days before success arrived to Arden St.

I like the way GG waves his magic wand from the swinging chandelier and casts a spell on the notion that whatever he says about others is gospel.. :D c'mon MAN!!

BS you bought a niners jersey, admit it :p

BS you bought a niners jersey, admit it :p

True but I was in San Fran in '99 and what better way to honour the city… :D And it was on 'sale for a throw-away $30';) I enjoyed my short stay there. If I went to Baltimore, I'd get myself a Rod Woodson guernsey just as much.. :D:D problem? o_O :drunk:

Your asshurt is so delicious. Lick my rings.

:D hahaha it must be that idiot ive got on ignore, lots of funny remarks with no quotes around.

someone needs a nappy change.
images

Hey Sherm, whats imadickhead got in his nappy?

4 number 2's!
sherman-24.jpg

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back