NFL (14/15) Super Bowl XLIX: New England Patriots vs Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Game Predictions...(1 vote per category)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to give this a like because of Pushing Daisies.

i think for a QB to be considered great you have to think if you put them in a s**t team how much better would they be? I think players like Luck, Rodgers and Brady would make teams like Tampa or Oakland better than if you put Wilson there.

But as you already know… winning football is all about making adjustments = moulding a system around the QB's abilities. Pete Carroll has put his faith in OC Darrell Bevell who specifically wanted Wilson. Bevell worked with Favre in 'Sota. Says plenty.

All you need to know is in two seasons, Wilson under Bevell's offense has accumulated a QB rating of 103.7, and a completion rating of 64.5pct.

**dust off hands**

Think some are a bit harsh on Luck. His first year under Arians he was asked to throw deep a fair bit as that's the game Arians favoured. So really for a very green rookie 18 ints for over 600 attempts wasn't too bad. Especially when he was throwing to rookies such as Fleener, Allen and Hilton. s**t even Donnie Avery had a career year. Vick Ballard was RB. Give the guy a break.

This year, he's carried the team.
Who's been harsh? He's a young player who has shown every sign of being elite one day, even if he isn't yet.

My argument is, Wilson isn't given similar credence despite the talent he's shown because of the team he plays for. Having a better D on your side doesn't make you more or less talented. Just as Luck's bulk stat don't instantly suggest hes better than x QB.

yes, everyone does nowadays don't they?
Normally, but you never know what some teams are thinking.

I can swear in the last 3-4 years the Patriots won the cointoss in OVERTIME and elected which end of the field they wanted first as there was a gale blowing right down the middle of the field.
Put the trust in the defence and rely on the wind to **** the other teams' kick (if there was one)
For some reason I think it was a game at Foxbrough against Manning???????

I can swear in the last 3-4 years the Patriots won the cointoss in OVERTIME and elected which end of the field they wanted first as there was a gale blowing right down the middle of the field.
Put the trust in the defence and rely on the wind to **** the other teams' kick (if there was one)

Yep. Against Denver in the regular season last year.

You know I was thinking of putting together a really cool SB post this year, but Ive decide not to.

Enjoy the SB to all the non idiots of BF. To my Pats bretherin, good luck and enjoy the game ESP to those who are actually going, very jealous. IF there is one thing we can all do is forget the never ending BS for a couple of hours and just enjoy the game. If we win the 4th lombardi, Ill be over the moon as much as the rest of the long term pats on here. They can talk all the s**t they want, but they aint playing this sunday and going for their 4th SB in 6 now hey? Good luck Seahawks fans, I like your team a lot, I see a lot of similarities in Pats and the seahawks to a degree.. I see a great matchup and for once, its nice to play a team in the SB I really dont hate. Not that I wish you any success of coarse. Its going to be a really great game (surely we'll make a better match up than your last SB opponents :p) and unfortunatle that the game itself has become a non story of late. There is a new champion and a genuinely talented, well coached and well built SEA team that has the chace of going back to back vs the leagacy that has been going for over a decade that BB and TFB have created and I have got to enjoy so much over the years. Lets keep this train rolling for one more week now! GO PATS!

Ahhh yeah, good one DB

Can we please not talk about this

Is the venue a factor? The betting is $1.92 each side - I would have thought the Pats would have started favs so just working out why it is 50/50.

We put up some good numbers in Arizona this year and was thinking this may be part of the reason.
I'm thinking with the warmer temp the balls won't decrease in pressure as much

rhK2n9o.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back