AE 2010 - AE Brainstorm Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: AE10: Dawn Of A New Campaign: Brainstorm Thread

Absolutely I'm in.
Happy to leave things as they are but I reckon TGBBs 2nd comp would be a great addition.
From memory some of the scoring got a little confusing around play off time - don't know if it needs to or can be made simpler but if not I'm happy to trust Woody and the auditors.

I think you're referring to the Wildcard Qualification charter?

Simple if you can understand the breakdown criteria. Very balanced & fair.

* The higher (W-L record) you finished the better 'starting grid pole position' points
* Knocking off other Division Winners earned you Bonus Points
* Taking on ONLY your WildCard opponents scores to see who scored the MOST to claim a final place of the last 7 based on total '20-1 sliding scale' points in lieu of your initial Wildcard pole position.

It all adds up. To be accountable (read: lucky) in Week 13 was the bottom line for many. Some just failed dismally
cursin.gif
that just made the essential difference in the end. Others missed out marginally the week before to sneak into the Wildcard Qualification stage also which is all part of the elimination process.

The infamous FG miss flashback that somehow got you over the line
banana-1.gif
and into the ring with PETERBUCH74.
beerchug1.gif

[YOUTUBE]NeQ9Af5p6kE&hl[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks again for last year guys. Great work by the lot of you.

I'll be back to donate more of my $$ to you more knowledgeable.

"Ahh great" they all say "the 11sjw atm is in." :eek::eek:

Format as per '09 is fine with me.

Sven won't be your Viking opponent either as he's a AE HEAVYWEIGHT. Instead I'll continue to give/look after rookies & struggling vets who have found the tough going in their first two campaigns an even break.

Marklar says Hi :eek:

last season seems so long ago. i think i remember thinking/posting that we should be able to make changes to our confidence ratings right up until kick off. I remember last yr some of the late player withdrawals had a huge impact on who i thought would win the game etc but i couldn't change my tips etc.

** THE AE CLASS of 2010 List will be posted this week** upon confirmation of AE10 subs. Will Cut off those who don't comply. >> 4 pikers!! <<
Show must go on.

AE09 members who decided to give AE10 a miss.
Crowman23
Dspeed
FootyLover18
Haterade
Larkis
Mordikai
mr E
Showbag
Southerntakeover
The Stinger
Warney
Zarko

I'm in Woody...

Happy with the comps as they were... would love it we could try and keep the divisions the same... some good rivalries going on! :D

Like the Power Rankings idea too.

I like the idea of spread confidence tipping, but don't particularly like ND because of the no tips factor from people who lose interest and the fact that you have to put people into divisions and can't play everyone else.

What I would like to see....

a. Confidence Tipping straight up comp over 17 weeks

b. Confidence tipping knock out based on the highest ranking 32 players after week 12 (ie scores after week 12 determines your ranking)

c. and d. the same thing as above but for spread based confidence tipping

e. Feature games to keep everyone interested.

Happy with a cap, if it makes it easier on the guys organising l'm all for it, l'm also happy with paying whatever $ are decided on.

I'm all for the three original comps, but not a huge fan of feature games. Although l don't have any suggestions myself and if feature games was to stay that would still be cool with me. I'm also not overly fussed with a pre season comp, l think it would be better to use the cash during the regular season when we know teams are trying their hardest.

Anyway looking forward to the season and a Pats superbowl win;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If that's me I'm keen, cheers for the invite Woodson.

You're welcome SorB. :thumbsu: I don't think that all of the AE09 members will get back to re-confirming their interest of AE10 so I may as well stamp your AE10 passport. Wouldn't surprise if 4 other rookies join the mix this season.

What I'd like to also run by in this thread is the NEXT DUEL divisions...

As per last season, the re-naming of divisions & conferences will be determined and I'd like to give that honour to someone to do.
But before that happens, there was a suggestion by Redragger that the NFL Greatest BUSTS be given a novelty run as a theme for the Divisions/Conference.
GG has seconded that idea. I don't mind it at all. Even though there are plenty other Legends more deserve of a listing. ;)

So what I'm going to do is leave it up to GG & Redragger to reel in the 'laggers' of the AE09 class. If they can get 50 (we have 37 so far) by the 10th of June, they can get their wish of having the ND divisioned badged by certified BUSTS. Otherwise we keep going the 'Legends' way.

Has it just been assumed I'm in ;)

Not at all Rory. 35 of the AE09 class have re-confirmed their interest whereas
27 including yourself haven't already. So I take it you're happy to go again?
There is a couple changes most likely **poll pending** to last years set up but the AE website will be much improved/ advanced (JD endorsed). There is going to be a Power Rankings system which basically means that it's an insurance (plan B) to your selections avoid being missed out so really no more bumming out with NO SHOWS in the ND and guys too busy to keep up with who's playing who.. just list your teams from 1-32..and let the power rankings (plan B) system work it all out.. including 3XKO comp.

And yes, you can change/tweak your team power rankings.

Also Rory, feel free to add any comments of last season's AE comps structure.. happy with it? suggestions for anything? let us know and I'll add to the snap poll in June if required.

Would love to join if there is a spare spot.

Certainly can do Shiny. Welcome aboard. :thumbsu:

From 18th June, other rookies can LOCK themselves in before the AE09 un-confirmed members. As there is still 5 days before then, I can confidently assume you'll be a starter Shiny. CAP of 64 is most likely atm. But if there is a made rush toward the end of July, the cap can increase to 72 which basically confirms your AE spot right here right now.

Couple of polls will emerge next week which allows even the AE10 rookies to vote.

Why cap it Woodson?

Three reasons:
Even balanced number count to assort the ND comp (divisions & time to get the schedule prepared) Slackers who take an eternity to pay in their AE sub just leave me hanging don't warrant inclusion.

GG, JD & PB74 know what I'm talking about...the counting/ sorting of weekly outcomes can be so time consuming at times. If we had a more expandable website (no put down on JD either) that can calculate such detail for every comp, then that would eliminate the process of counting & sorting.

Remember that JD is offering the website facility & his TIME without pay/commission, GG's time to do the extra work is also a labour of love ... likewise for myself.. if we had other guys willing to help out and be RELIABLE enough to take up the task, then that makes it easier.

I know that meltiger does want to join, but is usually too drunk or too busy at work to remember.

Stupid TIGERS supporters!!!!!!

Certainly can do Shiny. Welcome aboard. :thumbsu:

From 18th June, other rookies can LOCK themselves in before the AE09 un-confirmed members. As there is still 5 days before then, I can confidently assume you'll be a starter Shiny. CAP of 64 is most likely atm. But if there is a made rush toward the end of July, the cap can increase to 72 which basically confirms your AE spot right here right now.

Couple of polls will emerge next week which allows even the AE10 rookies to vote.
Great. Thanks champ!

Followed it closely last season and was very jealous not being apart of it. Didn't venture over to this sub-board to the season was under way. It is great concept and perfectly delivered. Congrats! Look forward to it.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back