NFL 2010 NFL Pre-Draft: Rumors/News

Remove this Banner Ad

Might as well have one place to talk about any draft stuff that you find interesting. Browsing a Rams forum filled with air headed Americans, I found this article that concerned me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4796255&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

The article doesn't say it, but this shows that Clausen - one of the hottest prospects come the draft will probably not be in the combine. Which could show he could slide like Crabtree or the Rams/ Redskins could take him on only seeing him injured. That or it could be a scapegoat.

Re: 2010 NFL Draft - Gossip, theories, news and opinions

Yet there are many scouts/analysts saying Clausen impresses them more. Eg, how he played all year thru his injury and his play never dropped...tough guy, leader, rises in adversity etc. Plus he had the best efficiency of all the QBs.

Due to his surgery, he may not make the combine but he'll be right for his pro-day.

The bit I love the most about Clausen is his TD/ INT ratio in a pro style offense. I honestly can see him fitting into the Rams more and more, which sucks because I do want Suh.

With Bradford, you can't compare him with Clausen. Simply put, with his injury - there is no clue how much better or how much worse him grew this season.

It depends on the depth of QB in this year's draft ... there are a lot of good QBs that I would keep an eye on: Sean Canfield and Dan LeFevour are the ones that really intrigue me ..

I could see the Rams taking Suh, and picking up a QB in the latter rounds, they may even go for someone like Campbell from the Redskins .. their strength is in the running game, they just need someone above average to manage the game.

As good as QBs such as Canfield and LeFevour are, you need QBs that are the best of the bunch to win you games. At the moment Clausen could step into the Rams line up and make a serious playoff run. All Suh would do is perhaps win the Rams an extra game or two.

Rams will grab Clausen - the only question is how and how much? First 80 million dollar rookie? :(

All Clausen will do next year is throw picks. Sanchez much??

Yes he does have a fantastic TD-INT ratio but when you look at his tapes, a lot of his balls were thrown up in the air which could of easily been picked off. Remember he did have a pair of stand-out receivers in Tate & Floyd.

I'll say this over and over again, if the Cardinals had the #1 pick in this draft then Sam Bradford is the man.
That pretty much goes for whoever has the #1 pick besides Detroit etc that have just got one early.

The guys is $$MONEY$$ and will be the best QB from this draft.

Anyone out there that can give me some decent info on the top rated TE's, MLB's and RT's?

Allready giving up on Levi Brown are we Wizard?

My friend who lives in Oklahoma is a big Sooner fan and says Trent Williams has very good potential as an LT but Elite potential at RT. Late to first round prospect from what I have seen.

He is also a big fan of Gresham(sp?) - Elite TE who has been injured all year with Bradford.

I have seen alot of Ciron Black from LSU who has good value in the second round and could be a very good RT.

Far from a expert (only really watch LSU plus the odd game on TV) but from what I have heard and seen Rolando McClain has Patrick Willis potential at ILB. True Junior aswell from memory. HUGE potential.

San Diego need a running back, they will have a pick from 25-33, so with a bit of luck they can find a beanie wells late in the first round of this years class.

Where do people think Ingram will go?

Not to sure about Ingram, but might need to give Best from Cal a good look, projected late first / early second round

My friend who lives in Oklahoma is a big Sooner fan and says Trent Williams has very good potential as an LT but Elite potential at RT. Late to first round prospect from what I have seen.

Yeah, a few mock drafts have the Raiders picking up Williams, and I wouldn't mind either .. we need to upgrade our Tackles, LT not soo much as our RT .. our RT is probably responsible for like 60% of our penalties..

Also agree Bradford > Clausen, the only problem with Bradford is that he is very injury prone .. dude gets injured all the time, if he gets drafted into a team with no O-line.. watch out for a career ending injury

Far from a expert (only really watch LSU plus the odd game on TV) but from what I have heard and seen Rolando McClain has Patrick Willis potential at ILB. True Junior aswell from memory. HUGE potential.

That dude is going to be a beast, also in the mix for the #8 pick, but I think that's reaching a bit .. not by much, dude has top 10-15 potential

(Log in to remove this ad.)

San Diego need a running back, they will have a pick from 25-33, so with a bit of luck they can find a beanie wells late in the first round of this years class.

Where do people think Ingram will go?

The best two RB's in the class are clearly CJ Spiller and Jahvid Best.

Spiller is being compared to players like Chris Johnson and Marshall Faulk. Very dynamic, speedy player who makes big plays. He's also one of the greatest kick returners in NCAA history. I don't think he'll last until the Chargers' pick. I'd be taking him early in the 1st round.

Best is another dynamic runner, although not quite as explosive as Spiller. He copped a bad neck or back injury near the end of this season, but as long as he recovers from this, he'll be the second best runner in the class. There's a big chance he could last until San Diego's pick, in which case they'd probably pounce on him.

As I've said many times before, I think Bradford will be the better pro player than Clausen, but they're both worthy of top 5 picks in this draft. They're the only two real clear-cut franchise QB's this year. Tebow could be the 3rd but a lot of work would have to be done for him to get there.

The best two RB's in the class are clearly CJ Spiller and Jahvid Best.

Spiller is being compared to players like Chris Johnson and Marshall Faulk. Very dynamic, speedy player who makes big plays. He's also one of the greatest kick returners in NCAA history. I don't think he'll last until the Chargers' pick. I'd be taking him early in the 1st round.

Best is another dynamic runner, although not quite as explosive as Spiller. He copped a bad neck or back injury near the end of this season, but as long as he recovers from this, he'll be the second best runner in the class. There's a big chance he could last until San Diego's pick, in which case they'd probably pounce on him.
Clearly?

Dwyer/Mathews.

Spiller and Best clearly the best two pro prospects, yeah I would say so. Dwyer and Mathews would be up there but I can't see them being 1st round picks.
Doubt any drop out of the first round, Mathews if any, and thats only based on size, not talent.

Best is the third back out of the other three, and I ain't a big Spiller fan.

Tebow could be the 3rd but a lot of work would have to be done for him to get there.

Of some of the mock drafts that I've read, some people have Tebow going as high as the 1st round to the Jags, solely in terms of marketing.

My theory on the Pats - Pass rush & RB must be addressed (hardly groundbreaking but its as obvious as you get)

Of some of the mock drafts that I've read, some people have Tebow going as high as the 1st round to the Jags, solely in terms of marketing.

Yeah I'm pretty sure he'll go 1st round. I doubt he'll slip past the Jags. I was saying that he could be the 3rd franchise QB from this draft after Bradford and Clausen.

I'll save my final team needs until later in the year, but the Vikings need help in the backfield (CB and Safety), DT, a blocking TE and FB, Guard and maybe Centre.

If Chester Taylor isn't re-signed, the Vikings will also be looking for another running back, but I would say that Taylor would be high on the Vikings retain list.

The same goes for DT Jimmy Kennedy, who has had a great year backing up Pat Williams.

Most pundits have the Vikings taking a QB as well, but I think Chilly's love affair with TJ will continue for at least another year, and yes Favre is contracted next year so he could be back.....

If I had to nominate players that may be available towards the bottom of the first round I'd say DT Dan Williams, OG Mike Iupati, CB Kyle Wilson or Safety Nate Allen would get the Vikings attention.

are we doing a mock draft this year?

last years only went for a round and a half, hopefully if we do one this year it'll go for longer, and perhaps I can do better :eek: J.Smith, A.Smith and B.Pettigrew isn't good enough for the lions from 3 picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back