NFL 2023 - NFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

They certainly did well, I thought the Eagles do so too.

I think the Eagles has a chance of backfiring hard. No doubt the talent they got was great, time will tell in 3 or 4 years

Steelers clear winners imo. A+
Was a very solid draft I thought for us (Steelers). We will only go as far as Kenny and Matt Canada allow us to though. If Pickett makes that leap who knows what we can do. We have a pretty soft schedule (much easier than last season anyway)

Due to character concerns I assume & that's fair enough but grading on talent alone, they killed it all 3 days.

Yea, less questions about the Steelers character thats why I liked it better, plus I dont see it with Nolan Smith, think there were better edge rushers available.

All the Georgia players eagles selected have huge question marks for me

Carter - Maturity and behaviour off field plus not hardest worker

Smith - skills don’t lead to pass rush production only 12.5 career sacks in 4 years

Ringo - has trouble tracking deep ball and had 9 penalties last season.

Smith - skills don’t lead to pass rush production only 12.5 career sacks in 4 years

Didn't start all 4 years and missed half of last season with a torn pec. Don't look at sack numbers when evaluating him. Or any Georgia player, really. We haven't been a team to put up huge sack numbers over the last couple of years.

Nolan is going to be a gun.

Plenty. I've really only said it about Carter and Nolan.

Smith looks like he sets a mean edge to me and thats about the extent of it. Its a decent skill but hardly worthy of a first round pick, I think there is a lot of projecting thinking hell become a gun rather than any actual evidence. Give me Ojulari any day if you want someone to get after the QB

Big name college players don't always/often turn out, especially those with red flags. Dream teaming them all can lead to a slew of them who don't turn out.

I much prefer drafting the players who are humble, workaholics, had some crucial adversity in their life that made them stronger. They dont always turn out either but at least theyll try hard abd wont embarrass themselves/teams with off field scandals or some in-house issue.

Smith looks like he sets a mean edge to me and thats about the extent of it. Its a decent skill but hardly worthy of a first round pick, I think there is a lot of projecting thinking hell become a gun rather than any actual evidence. Give me Ojulari any day if you want someone to get after the QB

Exactly i'd throw in Foskey, Hall and white who i rather take than Smith aswell as Ojulari. Plus good luck setting the edge at 240lbs in the nfl.

Exactly i'd throw in Foskey, Hall and white who i rather take than Smith aswell as Ojulari. Plus good luck setting the edge at 240lbs in the nfl.

Ojulari reminds me a lot of Brian Burns, im disgusted the Panthers didnt take him in round 2 and picked up a boring edge setter of their own in DJ Johnson in round 3 instead

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Raiders did well just because it appears they didnt try to be the smartest guys in the room and just did the common sense thing in the first 2 rounds in particular. Will they pan out, who knows, but given in particular our 1st round drafting history in recent years, I am calling this a win.

Weird, Smith is basically a Reddick clone.

Time will tell. Lot of players Reddick's size who don't become what they are supposed to. I'm just a production guy. Much like how I preferred Hutchinson last year over Walker despite Walker being the greater athletic specimen, give me the guy I've seen do it.

There is a reason why those that watch and analyze college football all to a man say that Philly got a steal getting him with pick 30. If he didn't miss half the season he would have gone top 15 if not top 10.

Like Joel Klatt? Ive seen that guy whiff on more players than Skip Bayless I reckon

Time will tell. Lot of players Reddick's size who don't become what they are supposed to. I'm just a production guy. Much like how I preferred Hutchinson last year over Walker despite Walker being the greater athletic specimen, give me the guy I've seen do it.

Just picking the highest college production isn't exactly a championship winning scouting model imo.

Isn't Reddick like 240, Parsons 245?

Just picking the highest college production isn't exactly a championship winning scouting model imo.

I understand that, just my opinion. And that opinion is heavily swayed because Ojulari was still on the board, didnt have massive sack numbers but lots of pressure, second only to Anderson the past few years for SEC schools, daylight to third (think he was nearly double third), and only 21 years old. Reckon hes the classes Reddick if there is one. Funnily enough ended up with the Cards, wonder if they turn him into an offball linebacker :tearsofjoy:

I understand that, just my opinion. And that opinion is heavily swayed because Ojulari was still on the board, didnt have massive sack numbers but lots of pressure, second only to Anderson the past few years for SEC schools, daylight to third (think he was nearly double third), and only 21 years old. Reckon hes the classes Reddick if there is one. Funnily enough ended up with the Cards, wonder if they turn him into an offball linebacker :tearsofjoy:

It's all just opinion until any of them produce at NFL level I suppose.

But like, if this was the pick at 10 I'd accept it as a decent critique, but I think there's more than enough potential upside in a player of Smith's athletic freakishness to be happy with it at 30 all things considered.

But like, if this was the pick at 10 I'd accept it as a decent critique,

Thats probably fair, I probably am being too harsh given where he was picked. Just a big fan of some of a couple of guys that went after him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back