NFL 2023 - NFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure laugh guys, we deserve it.

Yes Shanahan can't get out of his own way sometimes but every time the 49ers scrounge out just average QB play the NFC Championship game seems to be the floor.

Now watch Moody donk one off the upright for the game winning FG after Sam Darnold drives the team the length of the field in the SB.

Yes Shanahan can't get out of his own way sometimes but every time the 49ers scrounge out just average QB play the NFC Championship game seems to be the floor.

Now watch Moody donk one off the upright for the game winning FG after Sam Darnold drives the team the length of the field in the SB.

Brasher is fully enjoying the day. ;)

15q2.gif

I too have impossible dreams.

Broncos gonna Bronc. I bet Schneider loves picking up his phone and seeing the Denver area code.

It wont take long for the Seahawks to be good again with them being able to use the Broncos draft capital and all.

Brasher is fully enjoying the day. ;)

View attachment 1673337

Self inflicted I'm afraid, might have gone a little hard last night here in Bangkok. With the time difference I woke up literally as Moody's name was called.

Had a severe panic attack, thought I missed a whole day and we were up to the 7th round.

Not that good, tbh. He was easily one of/if not the weakest link on the Georgia defence this season. He gives up way too many deep balls- especially against quicker receivers. If he goes somewhere with good safeties that can give him some help then he could be okay but as someone that has seen almost every game he has played in college, I don't rate him that high. I said as much at the start of the season when people were saying he was a 1st round talent. But, I did think he would be off the board by now.
I can see him maybe moving to a Free-Safety type role

Pretty impressive given how random some of the picks were

Hate to play devils advocate, but this doesn't actually mean he's some kind of super scout.

Sure, he's likely got his finger on a lot of teams pulses, but half his and anyone elses top 50 will be out of the league in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hate to play devils advocate, but this doesn't actually mean he's some kind of super scout.

Sure, he's likely got his finger on a lot of teams pulses, but half his and anyone elses top 50 will be out of the league in 5 years.
It means that he's a combination of a good scout and having enough solid sources in a lot of Front Offices to learn about a lot of the character/medical stuff the average person never does

Its still impressive given what some of the other "draft experts" put up though

I've always felt the character stuff has been blown way out of proportion. Until the crash there was never anything but positives said about him. There might have been a couple of small things behind the scenes but nothing to cause all this talk about character issues.
He hard to coach doesn't take well to criticsm. Put on 9 pounds from combine to pro day which is so unprofessional

I don’t mind 49ers pick of moody considering 49ers next pick is pick 20 in the the 5th. Moody played at Michigan so he has experience kicking in elements which is needed for a 49ers kicker.

I took him at end of 3rd in BigFooty.com mock draft for same reason.

49ers took at start of 4th round years ago a punter in wish and that turned out fine.
It wasn’t like we took a kicker at start of 3rd it was pick 99 for the kicker. With no 4th our next pick was pick 155 rather 49ers take the best kicker than miss out or have to trade future picks to move up in 4th.

If a kicker could convert 99% of his FGs and PATs would he be worth a 1st rounder?

If a punter could put the opposition inside the 5 yard line on 99% of his punts would he be worth a 1st rounder?

Yes.

So kickers and punters who are progressively not as good would be worth 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc rounders

Eddie Pineiro converted over 94% of his FGs last year for the Panthers and we got him off waivers a week or so before the season started. Case in point. You can find a good kicker on the scrap heap. Stop wasting good draft capitol on them.

Eddie Pineiro converted over 94% of his FGs last year for the Panthers and we got him off waivers a week or so before the season started. Case in point. You can find a good kicker on the scrap heap. Stop wasting good draft capitol on them.
How many busts tho at Edge, LB, CB, WR, etc happen with 3rd round picks every year? Taking the best kicker or punter in the entire draft class with a 3rd is a no brainer

How many busts tho at Edge, LB, CB, WR, etc happen with 3rd round picks every year? Taking the best kicker or punter in the entire draft class with a 3rd is a no brainer

How often do they work out like that? As mentioned remember when the Bucs took the most accurate college kicker of all time Aguayo in the second round?

Mind you as a Panthers fan, I think we ****ed up today, not impressed with either pick so the kicker has a chance to work out better than our earlier picks I reckon... prove me wrong Fitty, PROVE ME WRONG

Last edited:

For every Eddie there is a Chicago Bears dumpster fire at kicker as happened the season immediately after letting Gould walk.

Probably cost them at least 3 games that season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back