NFL 2010 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2010 Off-Season: Free Agency, Trades, Rumors

Westbrook to rams Larks?

Thoughts?

Could be very handy as a tandem with Steven Jackson. Got some serious versatility there.
Not getting my hopes up - it sounds too perfect with two RB's that can catch, a brilliant committee and a few deadly packages. (Also with Rams and Eagles trading a bit recently, Rams OC was QB coach at the Eagles and Westbrook still has some mileage left if healthy).

As I said, it just sounds too perfect - he is the best choice available on the open market at the moment.

Also GG, could you talk to Chief about arranging a board of NFL team discussion (identical to soccer) or at least make your own thread for the Raiders - I honestly don't mind little stories here or there but by the trend your going, soon you'll be telling us what Janikowski had for lunch.

the day-to-day regimen of a lineman would be much more interesting. :p

but yeah, team forum for individual threads is a good idea. :thumbsu:

I tried to do this last year, but people complained. That league-wide news becomes harder to access when spread around 32 teams. People 'having' to post stuff in their team thread.

Eg....Rams sign a player. So you post it in your team thread. No one will know about it unless they go into the thread, which most people tend not to do. So you end up having to post it twice in one of our league-wide threads, and also your team thread, only place it gets commentary is in the league-wide one, so in the end you stop posting in the rams one, and/or i have to start moving posts to team threads which isn't easy having to nightly worry about going on here and separating posts all mixed quoted about this or that team etc.

This was the basis of the complaint, and it made sense.

Team threads are a good idea, but we only have about 20 regulars really, and out of that a handful of vocal contributors. Of those we have a few teams far more represented than others, so naturally people are going to discuss and post info relevant to their team.

Best way it can work is when you have a large enough fan representation here that you CAN daily CHAT just among each other about team stuff after posting your team's news in the league-wide threads. A single Panther fan just posting Panther info in his thread wont work. It needs to be a "Chat" thread.

Id like to think common sense could prevail.

I mean, surely most of us can tell which pieces of news (or rumours) interest the entire league, and which are best kept to discussions amongst their supporters.

Why i think when there's a large/vocal enough fanbase to support the concept of team Chat threads then they should be created. No point having a Rams one if Larkis has no one to daily chat with. Due to the number of eagles, raiders, cowboys fans who are regular and vocal, then they exist now.

We have enough steelers, patriots, broncos, giants, maybe even now redskins fans. The contributions are up to them tho, threads slipping down to later pages, is ok, as the thread directory would be there to access them.

Well to be honest, if the Rams sign a player I usually go oh, that's quite nice and just leave it at that. Same with most people, I don't go around saying oh looky, Rams just signed Robbins, Diggs, Fraley, Johnson and Dockery while losing Boller, Martin, Lenon and Wade to other teams and soon to lose Bulger. Actually that looks like quite a good offseason, although I sort of like Wade. Seriously, we all know the only player of interest there is Bulger because he is a starting QB.

Most people here are interested in probowlers, up and coming studs or anything to do with standard fantasy football (sadly). With the team thread, we can just shove everything and anything about one team into one thread and whoever wants to commentate will commentate. For example I can place pieces of information about the current ownership struggle for the Rams, the little bits of information about the draftees and training camp reports. Besides, I think most of the regulars at least check team threads anyway to see what is written. Sometimes they can be a good read.

Leave it how it is. GG is savvy enough that if there is enough of a diversion off the original topic of the thread, he'll create a new one. There is not enough of a base to have individual club threads. Too many clicks.

Re: 2010 Off-Season: Free Agency, Trades, Rumors, Confirmed News

Chiefs and Raiders both leap-frogged broncos imo.
but all in all, all afc west teams rose up in this draft.
will be a stronger division again.

I'd like a detailed explanation as to how the Chiefs and Raiders leapfrogged Denver because of the draft. I'm racking my brain and can't for the life of me see how rookies can make up 4 and 3 games respectively... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well to be honest, if the Rams sign a player I usually go oh, that's quite nice and just leave it at that. Same with most people, I don't go around saying oh looky, Rams just signed Robbins, Diggs, Fraley, Johnson and Dockery while losing Boller, Martin, Lenon and Wade to other teams and soon to lose Bulger. Actually that looks like quite a good offseason, although I sort of like Wade. Seriously, we all know the only player of interest there is Bulger because he is a starting QB.

Most people here are interested in probowlers, up and coming studs or anything to do with standard fantasy football (sadly).

I don't know about you, but whenever I have posted information from around the league, it has been just that ... information regarding all the teams and fantasy impact ..

Like for instance, if the season were to start now, Tebow would be listed at 4th .. Dallas have put Patrick Crayton on the board, M. Williams who TB just drafted may start at WR, J. Babineaux is moving to FS so that Earl Thomas can start at SS .. that's interesting information

Knowing what other teams have on offer, can be a blessing in disguise, no one cared about Favre till he got traded to the Packers, apart from a couple of good years with the Raiders, everyone thought Charles Woodson was over rated... Derrick Burgess in 3 years with the Eagles got 8.5 sacks, with the Raiders in 4 years 38.5

yeah ... he's more like a nose tackle. :p

I actually would love to see him do a 40 against Mount Cody in current condition for the lolz. :p Cody did a 5.62 on his pro day, Russell did a 4.83 back in 2007 at his pro day when he was in better shape. It'd be close!

Re: 2010 Off-Season: Free Agency, Trades, Rumors, Confirmed News

$1.1mil for 1yr

not bad work if you can get it

In 2009 he had 76 punts, following 77 in 2008 and 73 in 2007.

If he gets say 76 again in 2010, that is more than $14,400 every time he kicks the ball in a game.

A bit artificial I know, as much more kicking is involved in practice, and he also holds for Akers on FGs, but still gives you an idea of the per-game earning power of US athletes in the majors.

Did a similar calculation for some of MLB's top pitchers (who can throw as few as 80-100 pitches per game) and batters, and the $ per pitch/swing results are equally amazing.

yeah ... he's more like a nose tackle. :p

I actually would love to see him do a 40 against Mount Cody in current condition for the lolz. :p Cody did a 5.62 on his pro day, Russell did a 4.83 back in 2007 at his pro day when he was in better shape. It'd be close!

Put Russell and Cody as the interior dlinesman and tell them what the QB is holding is a hotdog.
I would love to watch that more

Hearing that Pro Football Weekly is reporting the raiders will release JaMarcus soon.

Only question left would be if he was a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf?

Faneca signs with the Arizona Cardinals
Never seen such a big turnover of players, specially bigger name players in one team.

I was hoping he might end up at the Vikings, but not even a mention of him talking to Minnesota. I can only assume that the "do nothing" approach to signing free-agents continues at the metrodome.

Faneca signs with the Arizona Cardinals
Never seen such a big turnover of players, specially bigger name players in one team.

Great move...Pittsburgh West is pulling 'em back in. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back