NFL 2010 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2010 Off-Season: Free Agency, Trades, Rumors

I tend to agree, what with all the frivolous spending the FO has been doing lately! Of course, this is more about cap flexibility than just the money, but I don't see the point in scrimping on a few dollars when it's going to piss off the best player on the roster.

Scrimping on a few dollars?? The **** wants $20M a season... unless he's in a position that regularly wins games for the team, he ain't worth that much.

I don't care how good he is at stopping one guy from catching a ball...

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Apparently the Packers have traded for Ben Roethlisberger, as an un-named player is under investigation for sexual assault. Good to finally have a veteran backup QB...

Fuey - mind giving a source for the Big Ben trade? I have heard a lot of nonsense over the years in NFL but that must take the cake. Packers are the last team in need of a QB in their prime.

Fuey - mind giving a source for the Big Ben trade? I have heard a lot of nonsense over the years in NFL but that must take the cake. Packers are the last team in need of a QB in their prime.
LOL... It was a joke. (A Packers player under investigation for sexual assault, ergo they 'must have' traded for BB)

very good fuey. :)

LOL... It was a joke. (A Packers player under investigation for sexual assault, ergo they 'must have' traded for BB)

^^^ This

very good fuey. :)

My favourite part was potting BB twice in the one joke... I'm sure Woodson is de-friending me on Facebook as I type...:D

My favourite part was potting BB twice in the one joke... I'm sure Woodson is de-friending me on Facebook as I type...:D

nah...didn't bat an eyelid on such speculation..:p I trust that late season shoot-out had lasting impressions for you, Fuey? meanwhile on fb, I've been passing comment on Camsmith's brilliant snapshots of his recent USA tour. There's a beauty about $10,000 reward for the arrest & conviction of any person/s shooting down a cop. And that's a bumper sticker!!

it was a conditional 2012 pick, based on the condition that he plays. which he won't.

Any news on JaMarcus Puntgun GG?

I see John Henderson is still without a team. My guess is he wants starters' money but teams are looking at him as a backup. Be sad to see him lost to the NFL.

Any news on JaMarcus Puntgun GG?

I see John Henderson is still without a team. My guess is he wants starters' money but teams are looking at him as a backup. Be sad to see him lost to the NFL.

i just want to see more face slapping

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Revis refusing to not get more than Asomugha. Al Davis's complete stupidity makes me incredibly mad. Revis is being ridiculous as well. He's going to earn 20mil guaranteed the next two years and it's not good enough, even with offers for further extensions being placed in front of him.

Revis refusing to not get more than Asomugha. Al Davis's complete stupidity makes me incredibly mad. Revis is being ridiculous as well. He's going to earn 20mil guaranteed the next two years and it's not good enough, even with offers for further extensions being placed in front of him.

Dude, not to be rude, but that is almost crude.

Just so a mope like me understands, is the problem that:
(a) Revis refuses to accept less than Aso? Or
(b) That Revis insists that he must earn less than Aso? In which case it would almost be the Revis and Ass-so show?? Beavis and Butthead reincarnated?? (Or as the cartoon giants themselves would say - "Huuhuhuu-hehuhehuhhuuheh snort huuuh huuuh hee")

Sorry :D, was typing angry. The third biggest cause of wacky posts behind drunkenness and one handed typing. He wants more than Aso, but Aso has a ****ing ridiculous Al Davis contract that is top QB money. And Revis wants more. He wants 16mil a year or more.

Sorry :D, was typing angry. The third biggest cause of wacky posts behind drunkenness and one handed typing. He wants more than Aso, but Aso has a ****ing ridiculous Al Davis contract that is top QB money. And Revis wants more. He wants 16mil a year or more.

Ah, OK, so it isn't so much the Beavis and Butthead show as Fat Albert, Weird Harold, Dumb Donald and the Brown Hornet arguing over who gets the extra scoop on their ice-cream cone, with Mumbles Mushmouth trying to arbitrate the dispute. Same old same old in Raider-town...

What would you have had the Raiders do with Aso? We dont pay him and he leaves and everyone bags Al for letting probably his best player go? We pay him and we get the blame for the Jets not wanting to pay Revis! I am no Al Davis fanboi, but I think they did the right thing in paying Aso to keep him around. Now, if you want to talk about paying QBs top money, then I will completely agree on mistakes that have been made!

You want him, then you are going to have to pay the man!

Revis is destined for a season ending injury with the sooky sooky lala ULTRA RICH contract.. :rolleyes: how often do we (fans) see this happen time & time again... just sayin'... nothing untoward Revis. Too money $$$ can kill a career.

Logan Mankins has come out and announced that he wants out of New England after the contract dispute going on.

Apparently he was offered $7mill per season and found that totally unacceptable.

Apparently its 20% less than Jahri Evens 7 year/$56mill contract and they want parity.

Not good.

NFLPA call foul about collusion yet they are going to force the NFL to be all about collusion with all this contract comparisons going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back