NFL 2010 Off-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: 2010 Off-Season: Free Agency, Trades, Rumors

I was hoping he might end up at the Vikings, but not even a mention of him talking to Minnesota. I can only assume that the "do nothing" approach to signing free-agents continues at the metrodome.

I think it's more that your team didn't want to have the guard who is giving up the most sacks and hurries in the league.

Great leader though.

Oh **** yes.......... that nearly solves our O-Line problems.
Well be a contender yet, just you wait.

Well obviously, it all depends on Leinart. I personally think he'll be successful. Should be a good battle between the Cards and 49ers for the division.

There are two other teams in the division ...

And I would love the Rams to challenge for the playoffs. Unfortunately, I think they may be one or two years off. Give Bradford time and he can turn them into contenders. Seattle won't get close if Whitehurst is their QB.

Jets made the playoffs with a rookie QB, so did Ravens and the Falcons - so it isn't out of the question. This sort of gives me hope

Jets made the playoffs with a rookie QB, so did Ravens and the Falcons - so it isn't out of the question. This sort of gives me hope

Yeah, but the Jets made the playoffs via their awesome defense and running game ..

The Ravens did well because of their defense

The Falcons had a pro bowl receiver (Roddy White), good running back (michael turner) and an above average defense ..

The thing working against the Rams is their defense and lack of outside perimiter threat.

Veteran Pro Bowl safety Darren Sharper completed his visit with the Jacksonville Jaguars today.

According to NFL.com, he left town without a deal.

However, Sharper remains in touch with the Jaguars after a "productive discussion."

Sharper, 35, is recovering from knee surgery.

He intercepted nine passes last season and could still be re-signed by the New Orleans Saints.

He hasn't drawn much free agent interest so far, but the Jaguars didn't draft a safety.

According to ESPN, the Dallas Cowboys aren't interested in Sharper.

The fact that he can read the play still warrants a contract. Staggering that the Saints haven't offered him a contract and if they have, why isn't he signing on with the team that helped him get a RING????

The fact that he can read the play still warrants a contract. Staggering that the Saints haven't offered him a contract and if they have, why isn't he signing on with the team that helped him get a RING????

Because all Darren cares about is the $$$ (ooops, sorry, that's incorrect). He also cares about himself, and how he looks to the HOF voting committee.

Not a team first player, and was disappointed the Lombardi trophy fell into the hands of that ****.

Because all Darren cares about is the $$$ (ooops, sorry, that's incorrect). He also cares about himself, and how he looks to the HOF voting committee.

Not a team first player, and was disappointed the Lombardi trophy fell into the hands of that ****.

I can see what you're saying Fuey...not one to take a hit and put his body on the line to the extent like, say, Polamalu or other greats like Ronnie Lott & Jack Tatum.

Anyway Sharper signed a one year contract with the Saints at the start of the 2009 campaign. Had his contract terminated by the Packers in the off-season of 2005 after serving them for 8 seasons. Is Fifth all time on the Packers list for Interceptions, SIXTH all time on the NFL Interceptions list... just 8 short of my guy, RKW, who is third on that list. Hails from the same college as Steelers' HC, Mike Tomlin. Drafted in r2 in 1997.

My take: In the case of a nagging knee injury which slowed him down last season, makes you wonder at the age of 34, that he has to pass a physical and not only has he passed up a contract with the Saints... yes, he wants MORE $$$ (confirmed), the Jags who need a safety haven't offered him anything, you'd have to say that he'll be a back up at best next season and that means (more likely than not) he won't be getting 9 picks to pass my guy on the all-time list.

Redskins have offerred a contract to Brian Westbrook.. potentially teamming up with his old friend Donovan McNabb.. i think it would be a good deal for the Redskins... God knows they need some winning formula

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Larry Johnson, Westbrook and Willy parker, the skins could have the best backfield.... of 2004.

Don't forget Clinton Portis. If only Jake Plummer was QB.

In all seriousness, what happened to the old notion that any RB off the street could slot into Shanny's system and bust off 1K? Why is he bothering with washed up and expensive vets when he can just plug in an undrafted rookie for the same output. Is it just cause he's in Washington now and can spend money for the sake of it? It's really un-Shanny like...

Revis sitting out of practice while contract negotiations stall. Fuuuuu...

Yep, pretty much. Saying he expects to be paid like the best corner in the game (as Rex says he is). Hope they can sort this s**t in a hurry.

Jets need to pay Revis whatever it takes to keep him.. Lock down corners arnt easy to come by!
I tend to agree, what with all the frivolous spending the FO has been doing lately! Of course, this is more about cap flexibility than just the money, but I don't see the point in scrimping on a few dollars when it's going to piss off the best player on the roster.

Ravens signed K Shayne Graham. :)

I'd imagine he'll beat out Billy Cundiff in camp, although there was nothing wrong with Cundiff's kicking in 2009. he didn't cost us any games (hello Steve Hauschka) ...

Ravens signed K Shayne Graham. :)

I'd imagine he'll beat out Billy Cundiff in camp, although there was nothing wrong with Cundiff's kicking in 2009. he didn't cost us any games (hello Steve Hauschka) ...

Must be the merry-go-round kickers season...so many of them moving on this off-season..

Shayne Graham is not that reliable btw. I'm just glad Jeff Reed (who had his worst campaign last season) is still with us. Not many kickers out there who merit much confidence.

Don't forget Clinton Portis. If only Jake Plummer was QB.

In all seriousness, what happened to the old notion that any RB off the street could slot into Shanny's system and bust off 1K? Why is he bothering with washed up and expensive vets when he can just plug in an undrafted rookie for the same output. Is it just cause he's in Washington now and can spend money for the sake of it? It's really un-Shanny like...

Add in Bobby Wade and there's 5 vets and another 5 rookies still on the roster. Not sure if that's a high percentage this time of year, before the roster's are trimmed or not? Will be very interesting what the final roster looks like and how much Shanahan influence is in it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back