Live Event 2012 NAB AFL Draft discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

We absolutely nailed this draft!
And this is the Standard for this years draft live chat, 10/10 for Entertainment Value

GWS need to be raided by other clubs offering their players huge money and just stripping them of all the good players.....
I think this is a wonderful idea Gmod23 - why didn't anybody else think of that?! :D

I for one was annoyed they took O'Rourke... Happy to admit I got it wrong

At the moment I'd say that we made out like bandits here. Collingwood would be highly ranked if Broomhead wasn't perpetually injured but Kennedy and Grundy were good ones.

Its fair to argue that we have been huge winners out of 3 of the past 4 drafts both 2012 and 2013 saying that out of any club we have come out on top with the 2010 draft being absolutely smashed by the gold coast.

Live picks/FS/Rookie picks (not inlcuding Rookie upgrades)

2010 - Liberatore, Dahlhaus, Wallis, JJ (Hits)
Hill, Skinner, Schofield (misses) all picks in the 70's

2012 - Stringer, Macrae, Hrovat, Hunter (Hits)
Prudden (unknown)

2013 - Boyd (traded in), Bontempelli, Honeychurch (all hits at this stage)
Fuller = Potato

In any other era with this quality on our list from just 3 drafts you'd have to assume it get us at the very least to a grand final if not a premiership. Makes it so hard when GWS and GC will be smashing down the door. Got to keep targeting these expansion sides for players to trade in to not only make us stronger but to also make them weaker. Albeit the right types we have to trade in of course.

November 22, 2012 - One of the best days in this clubs history.

Its fair to argue that we have been huge winners out of 3 of the past 4 drafts both 2012 and 2013 saying that out of any club we have come out on top with the 2010 draft being absolutely smashed by the gold coast.

Live picks/FS/Rookie picks (not inlcuding Rookie upgrades)

2010 - Liberatore, Dahlhaus, Wallis, JJ (Hits)
Hill, Skinner, Schofield (misses) all picks in the 70's

2012 - Stringer, Macrae, Hrovat, Hunter (Hits)
Prudden (unknown)

2013 - Boyd (traded in), Bontempelli, Honeychurch (all hits at this stage)
Fuller = Potato

In any other era with this quality on our list from just 3 drafts you'd have to assume it get us at the very least to a grand final if not a premiership. Makes it so hard when GWS and GC will be smashing down the door. Got to keep targeting these expansion sides for players to trade in to not only make us stronger but to also make them weaker. Albeit the right types we have to trade in of course.

November 22, 2012 - One of the best days in this clubs history.
I've whipped up a "top 40" from the expansion draft era (2010-2013). We have 6 entries. Will post it tomorrow.

I've whipped up a "top 40" from the expansion draft era (2010-2013). We have 6 entries. Will post it tomorrow.

6 entries I presume will be in order on output and a little bit of potential.

Bontempelli, Libba, Macrae, Stringer, Boyd, Dahlhaus.

3 - 4 years down the track.

Stringer, Boyd, Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Dahlhaus.

Overall top 10 would include in no order whatsoever at the top of my head not including Cameron and O'Meara who werent in the draft.

Output so far

Bontempelli, Liberatore, Heppell, Parker, Wingard, Wines, Darling, Macrae, Tyson, Lynch.

Could argue tom lynch would be number 1.

absolutely impossible task though.

6 entries I presume will be in order on output and a little bit of potential.

Bontempelli, Libba, Macrae, Stringer, Boyd, Dahlhaus.

3 - 4 years down the track.

Stringer, Boyd, Bontempelli, Macrae, Liberatore, Dahlhaus.

Overall top 10 would include in no order whatsoever at the top of my head not including Cameron and O'Meara who werent in the draft.

Output so far

Bontempelli, Liberatore, Heppell, Parker, Wingard, Wines, Darling, Macrae, Tyson, Lynch.

Could argue tom lynch would be number 1.

absolutely impossible task though.
I've included the gws pre selections and the mini draft kids as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back