2013 Draft vs 2014 Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

So the 2013 Draft had the Better Top End Talent but not as good of Depth and the 2014 Draft has Depth but not the as good high end talent?

Agree?

I know we won’t know for sure for another 5 seasons but at the moment you agree with that?

So great at the top end but somehow we ended up with the cripples:mad:

#Aish>Scharenberg

So great at the top end but somehow we ended up with the cripples:mad:

#Aish>Scharenberg
Give Scharenberg time to get on the park. If he plays 6 years, he'll achieve more that what Aish does in 10...that's simply how good he is.

Give Scharenberg time to get on the park. If he plays 6 years, he'll achieve more that what Aish does in 10...that's simply how good he is.

With his set backs it just makes its harder for him to reach his ceiling plus now he'll never be a reliable 22 game player. Also he doesn't fill any team need besides footskills.

With his set backs it just makes its harder for him to reach his ceiling plus now he'll never be a reliable 22 game player. Also he doesn't fill any team need besides footskills.
Then you're severely underestimating him then. He has more talent than most can ever dare to imagine. The big question is his fitness. If he can get back on the park, watch out.

What is your basis for saying that? Aish has not done anything but impress and Scharenberg is yet to get on the park. Until Scharenberg can get on the park and have a consistent year and play better than Aish your assertion is just conjecture.

What is your basis for saying that? Aish has not done anything but impress and Scharenberg is yet to get on the park. Until Scharenberg can get on the park and have a consistent year and play better than Aish your assertion is just conjecture.
That's why I said If. My assertion is based on pure talent. Quote me in 6 years if Scharenberg gets his body right. :)

That's why I said If. My assertion is based on pure talent. Quote me in 6 years if Scharenberg gets his body right. :)
Then what is your basis for him being more talented? Hine said that he rated Aish and Scharenberg at the same level but took Scharenberg because of needs.

Then what is your basis for him being more talented? Hine said that he rated Aish and Scharenberg at the same level but took Scharenberg because of needs.
If Hine was the messiah Collingwood would have more than 1 flag since how long?

I never said Hine was a messiah. I am just using what he said to back up my point.
So you're taking Hine's word as Gospel?

So you're taking Hine's word as Gospel?
I see why you're called "Son of God" ;).

I'm referring to Hine as he had the choice between the two and went for Scharenberg just because of needs. So far Scharenberg has shown nothing to prove he is better than Aish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You serious? we needed Aish more.

Midfield depth which was once our great strength is now something we are lacking (and recent events have made it worse) tall utility types we have plenty.

Its one of those myths. He seems to be better when he isn't on the park. Gumby was the next coming of Ablett at one stage

#seriousnotserious

Midfield depth which was once our great strength is now something we are lacking (and recent events have made it worse) tall utility types we have plenty.

De Goey and Maynard can play thru the Midfield. They Start as Flankers that in time will become Midfielders

That is why you got Freeman. In hindsight Aish would have been better due to Beams leaving and Langdon playing quality footy on the HBF.

That is why you got Freeman. In hindsight Aish would have been better due to Beams leaving and Langdon playing quality footy on the HBF.

Hindsight supports my original view on draft day. At the time though tallish defenders with midfield "potential" weren't a need either, we had Seedsman who has shown plenty and Oxley who we gave a rookie upgraded. It wasn't a need we were dying for and not a a position where you need to stack up heaps or have the best of best. Taking a risk on Scharenberg who has a slight chance of turning out better then them was not a risk that was needed to take. Aish would have added much needed class to our midfield.

De Goey and Maynard can play thru the Midfield. They Start as Flankers that in time will become Midfielders

In time, but Aish would be in our midfield group allot quicker, which in turn would would lesson the impact of the Beams loss and frees us up this draft to pick up someone like Peter Wright.

In time, but Aish would be in our midfield group allot quicker, which in turn would would lesson the impact of the Beams loss and frees us up this draft to pick up someone like Peter Wright.
Aish is not quick. A smooth and skilled operator but not quick.

Aish is not quick. A smooth and skilled operator but not quick.

Didn't say he was quick. I said he'd be there making an impact before De Goey an Maynard.

Didn't say he was quick. I said he'd be there making an impact before De Goey an Maynard.
Agreed. IMO he is considerably ahead of both De Goey and Maynard at the same age.

Back on topic. The 2013 draft has a much better top end that the 2014 draft. Players like Taylor, Merrett, Dunstan, Acres etc. would have gone a lot higher in this years draft. The bottom end of this years draft is better than 2013.

I see why you're called "Son of God" ;).

I'm referring to Hine as he had the choice between the two and went for Scharenberg just because of needs. So far Scharenberg has shown nothing to prove he is better than Aish.
I merely said that Scharenberg has a lot more talent and will prove that if he gets on the field. I didn't say I didn't rate Aish, so stop getting defensive.

It's my opinion. Like I said, I'm quite happy for you to quote me in 6 years if Scharenberg can get his body right.

I merely said that Scharenberg has a lot more talent and will prove that if he gets on the field. I didn't say I didn't rate Aish, so stop getting defensive.

It's my opinion. Like I said, I'm quite happy for you to quote me in 6 years if Scharenberg can get his body right.

That's the problem, the 2013 draft wasn't the time for us to pick guys that will come right in 6 years time.

That's the problem, the 2013 draft wasn't the time for us to pick guys that will come right in 6 years time.
I'm not sure you can blame the Collingwood recruiters for his recent ACL injury. it's hardly their fault. Barring that mishap, he'd be in the midst of a full pre-season. The kid's a jet and will prove this barring further mishap.

I'm generally not one to talk up anything Collingwood either, but that's how confident I am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back