Not open for further replies.
Epic GIF;

815069401.gif

Scherzer
123 Pitches 28/09/2013
118 Pitches 04/10/2013
47 Pitches 07/10/2013
108 Pitches 13/10/2013

He could have gone 1 more inning, but if you are up by 4 runs you shouldn't have to?

If they are up 5-1 in game 6 and Scherzer has pitched 105 though 7 innings, what are the odds of Leyland taking him out?

Dodgers win, think from a series perspective really needed them to win tonight, nearly need to win tomorrow as well.

Really terrific win from the Dodgers. Only one Cardinals batter reached scoring position, and he was eventually erased on a double-play.

But with Hanley Ramirez playing with a fractured rib and Ethier hobbled, it was a terrific win. Ryu really came through with his best pitching effort for a long time, if not all year.

Some fun facts:

1) Brian Wilson has *never* given up an earned run in the playoffs. He's around 4 innings pitched short of the record (held by John Rocker).

2) Game 4 is now intriguing - the Dodgers would surely be tempted to start Greinke on short rest, particularly after his outing in St Louis. Nolasco is due to start, but he hasn't pitched for weeks. The Dodgers started Kershaw on short rest last time Nolasco was due to start, so it'll be interesting to see what we do. Personally, I'd go with Nolasco and back him in. That way, if we win, we'll be 2-2 with Greinke/Kershaw/Ryu to pitch the final 3 games, with Greinke going at home.

That said, Game 4 is equally must-win for the Dodgers... can't see us overhauling a 3-1 deficit, even if we have our 3 aces in the final 3 games, two of which are on the road.

no we dont!

We don't have a lot of Baseball left, want these series to play out as long as they can no matter who is playing, had the Cardinals won tonight it most probably never would have gone back to St.Louis.

We don't have a lot of Baseball left, want these series to play out as long as they can no matter who is playing, had the Cardinals won tonight it most probably never would have gone back to St.Louis.

couldnt handle the Dodgers making the WS.

I hope we go nolasco tomorrow, the cards starter is no gem either (even though weve had problems this season vs some pretty ordinary starters). Then game 5 go kershaw and greinke 6 to hopefully get us to the world series.

Will need to get extra base hits for us to win it

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk now Free

I think wins in the next two are essential, but I'd roll the dice with Nolasco.

Rather that and a fully rested Greinke, Kershaw and Ryu to finish off the series.

Didnt watch the game last night, but seen the highlights this morning. Had to laugh at Puigs triple, Mattingley must have come close to throttling him several times throughout the year. Hard to be too critical when you come up with the goods though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two massive games tomorrow, if the Dodgers can level the series they are obviously a massive chance of making the WS, but if they lose tomorrow it's back to where they were earlier today, in must win territory.

The other game is interesting too, either team can afford to lose but I reckon it means more to Detroit than it does to the Sox, if Boston can get the series back home, even if they have to win both games, I reckon they'll be happy and confident.

Fun times ahead.:)

Yes both series very nicely poised. Good viewing from a neutral's point of view.

Verlander is due tomorrow I believe.

Sox win, wow.

Verlander must be so pissed, that's the 4th time in the last 6 games that the much hyped Tigers offense hasn't even scored to support him.

Sox massive favourites now, huge.

Next up Dogers/Cards, might be a series changing game.

A masterclass from both Scherzer and Verlander and the Tigers come up short both times... bring on 2014 this year is done....

Going to be tough from here, would have been tough if the series was tied after 4 let alone 1-3.

Greinke and Kershaw up next is good, but with Cardinals managing 19 hits for the series so far, pitching is not really the problem.

Got to be a doubt over Hanley for tomorrows game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back