3. Boyd
4. Billings
5. Lewis Taylor
6. Langdon
7. Dunstan
8. KK
9. Kelly
10. Sheed

Cripps in my opinion (may be bias) is now the clear number 2/3 in terms of output and what he will produce in future.

Would it be wrong to say Cripps may even challenge Bont for that number 1 position in future? I mean he has only played 12 games. At the moment though Bont clear number 1
Where the * is McCarthy?

Cripps has had BETTER games than Bont however the sample size is much smaller. I wanna see Cripps maintain his form for the remainder of the season. Both vying for number 2 behind Jack Billings ;)
It must hurt to take the lesser player when the one selected straight after goes on to be the best player in the draft. Knowing you had that opportunity must sting.

Bont >>>> Billings

Bont just like his cousin struggles to break a tag and will so his whole career. Cripps I suspect will be the better player longterm.

Bit harsh on a 19 year old.

Yes I know and I don't mean it. I brought my response down a few levels seeing as that Flowers bloke degenerated the conversation. Bont will be fine, he's a star. Breaking a tag is his next area of development and I'm sure he'll learn as he matures.

Not to upset North fans and of course things can (and probably will) change, but sometimes having a F/S can be an impost on a club.
McDonald deserved his selection at 8 but did to a large degree tie Norths hands, with having to to 'the right thing'

Hard to say who will be best and but that top 20 all look like solid long-term contributors.
I'd have Bontempelli, Billings, Boyd , Scharenberg and Cripps in my top 5, though.

McDonald's a very good player. I'd have him in my top 6 for this draft.

Bontempelli
McCarthy
Cripps
Billings
Boyd
McDonald

Kolo also a jet.

I think Kelly is the one player who can still make a really big push for top 5 he has all the ability and ive seen him apply it at AFL level.

He could be a late burn. Possible massive 3rd year breakout on the cards for him.

I can definitely see him moving up to 4th behind that set top 3 of Cripps, Bont and McCarthy.
See him in the flesh regularly up here. Soft. Unfortunately. Will look great at times, but just not near the bonti, Cripps, billings group IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See him in the flesh regularly up here. Soft. Unfortunately. Will look great at times, but just not near the bonti, Cripps, billings group IMO.
Well there you go. These outside midfielders can be so dissapointing ar AFL level.

I'd love to see a comparison of Outside v Inside Midifelders in their original draft orders and then the concensus re draft 5-7 years later

Id say a lot of outsiders would slide down while a lot of tough insiders would rise up

I suppose its a risk vs reward thing with a lot of them though

Well there you go. These outside midfielders can be so dissapointing ar AFL level.

I'd love to see a comparison of Outside v Inside Midifelders in their original draft orders and then the concensus re draft 5-7 years later

Id say a lot of outsiders would slide down while a lot of tough insiders would rise up

I suppose its a risk vs reward thing with a lot of them though

Terry Wallace is a flog in the main however he does raise a good point regarding outside vs inside mids. The bust factor at the pointy end of the draft for inside mids is very low. Something like 8/10 in the first round become quality afl players.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=3930&tid2=8&pid2=3921&type=A&fid1=S&fid2=S

Statistically, at least to me, Cripps is superior this year. At the very least it's even.
Stats don't tell the whole story, but I wouldn't be resorting to stats if I was a dogs supporter.

Just keeping things in perspective here in that Carlton would have likely picked up Bontempelli ahead of Cripps had have the opportunity presented.

May have even been ranked just behind Boyd.

Just keeping things in perspective here in that Carlton would have likely picked up Bontempelli ahead of Cripps had have the opportunity presented.

May have even been ranked just behind Boyd.
No doubt, and there's no question from me that Bont has been the best from that draft at this stage. But it just underlines how good Cripps has been.

Really like St.Kildas picks, obviously Billings has elite talent.... but Acres and Dunstan @ 19 and 20 will look very good in a couple of years i reckon.

Happy with Sheed @ 11, has a much better outside game than i thought.

Terry Wallace is a flog in the main however he does raise a good point regarding outside vs inside mids. The bust factor at the pointy end of the draft for inside mids is very low. Something like 8/10 in the first round become quality afl players.
Exactly, compared to only about 30% of the thinner and/or more outside types, which is certainly what kelly is. Think Kelly will be more like a Gaff though and succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back