2014/2015 pre season thread...

Remove this Banner Ad

Just make sure you stop reading before you get to the comments section. Oh dear lord.
I had to look seeing that you tipped me off.
Good old Paul. Too much Pull more like it.
Anyway I don't even know why Port people comment after stories as they only fuel the fire arguing with idiots like Paul.

Anyway I don't even know why Port people comment after stories as they only fuel the fire arguing with idiots like Paul.
Paul has a problem. He seeks attention and the only way he gets it is on a Port article.....

Some new faces to be seen training with the guys this week. We switch with the Crows & they take the boys that trained with us before the xmas break. .....

Academy youngsters head to clubs before US trip

MEMBERS of the NAB AFL Academy will ramp up preparations for their tour of America by spending this week embedded at AFL clubs across the country.

Port Adelaide:

Stephen Tahana, Ryan Burton, Keiran Agius

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-05/academy-players-at-clubs

Kane ran 9:12 on the first time trial back.

three others broke his previous club record of about 9:20.

last preseason, the time trial post christmas 12 guys ran sub 10 minutes. We can only assume that number has increased.

Thats all I know.

Wow those are some serious numbers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

last preseason, the time trial post christmas 12 guys ran sub 10 minutes. We can only assume that number has increased.

Thats all I know.

That is really impressive. The times are amazing but the number of guys getting so low is something I couldn't image from Port a few years back.

At a guess Cornes, Amon, Mitchell and Oshea(?) would be leading the pack

Thats all I know.

dont get me wrong i love to belt clubs.....but i take great satisfaction in knowing that teams must be at least 3 goals ahead at 3 qtr time to have any sniff at beating us....i mean they can bearly beat us if they a have a 5 goal 5 mins left in the last qtr...

great change from the dark years where you would still be sh**ing yourself with a 40 point lead going into the last and praying the team can just hold on

Some new faces to be seen training with the guys this week. We switch with the Crows & they take the boys that trained with us before the xmas break. .....

Academy youngsters head to clubs before US trip

MEMBERS of the NAB AFL Academy will ramp up preparations for their tour of America by spending this week embedded at AFL clubs across the country.

Port Adelaide:

Stephen Tahana, Ryan Burton, Keiran Agius

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-01-05/academy-players-at-clubs

Ryan Burton is a deadset jet. It's a shame he hasn't grown taller because he's a force! Hopefully there's still a spurt in him.

Birdseye?

Just make sure you stop reading before you get to the comments section. Oh dear lord.
You do realise that is a sure way to make people read the comments section. Although I wouldn't like to answer to any of those comments myself. Sometimes it's obvious who's on what side but on some of the posts the grammar's so bad you can't work out whether they're arguing with or agreeing with a comment.

Mentioned in another thread that I really liked the development of Mason Shaw over the back end of the season. In the $anfl grand final he showed he was more than a lead mark kick full forward. Pushed up the ground took marks and played on. Good mobility and disposal on the run. There was a bit of Westhoff about his mobility, not as agile yet but he will be a bigger body. Actually I recall now thinking at the time he reminded me a bit of Darren Smith the way he led upfield then turned on a 5c piece and headed back toward goals.

Mitch Harvey I've liked a lot for a while now but I think Shaw is closer to him as a versatile forward option than I thought earlier in the season. Harvey's question mark is getting his fitness up to Kenny's required level. He has everything else ... big strong body, long accurate kick, good marking and ground skills, bit of toughness the way he goes about it and takes on a challenge as showed by his efforts in ruck last season. He ran a PB in his first 3k run of the 2015 pre-season - he looked totally shagged but he's working on it. With these big blokes sometimes it takes a while - Jon Giles couldn't run out of sight on a dark night for 5 years.

Dougal Howard might have them both looking over their shoulder before long.

FF has there been any feedback as in time trials etc on the boys drafted...namely Dougal H, Logan A, Billy F and Jesse P. Like you Dougal might just be that rough diamond and if he stands at 199cm that is impressive

Thats all I know.

Cheers I was think 9:10 last night but wasnt sure.

To put that into some perspective, the world record for the 3000m is 7:20.67. And the Kenyan who set that was only 55 kilos, Kane weighs 81 kilos.

I wrote about Kane's time vs Daniel Komen's back in 2009. To put it into perspective the best 3,000m runners of 2014 or the WR holder if Kane raced them on the track - which is 7.5 laps, the top guys would beat Kane by 2 laps.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/kane-the-body-to-match-the-attitude.532597/#post-13435793

Geelong's Mark Blicavs has run a 3km in 8:15 back in 2012 when he was trying to make the London Olympics team in the 1,500m. But he only weighed 78kgs at the time. He now is 96kgs and he still apparently just breaks 9 minutes.

Sydney academy player draftee Jack Hiscox ran 9:18 at the draft combine in November to set a new combine record.

I wrote about Kane's time vs Daniel Komen's back in 2009. To put it into perspective the best 3,000m runners of 2014 or the WR holder if Kane raced them on the track - which is 7.5 laps, the top guys would beat Kane by 2 laps.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/kane-the-body-to-match-the-attitude.532597/#post-13435793

Geelong's Mark Blicavs has run a 3km in 8:15 back in 2012 when he was trying to make the London Olympics team in the 1,500m. But he only weighed 78kgs at the time. He now is 96kgs and he still apparently just breaks 9 minutes.

Sydney academy player draftee Jack Hiscox ran 9:18 at the draft combine in November to set a new combine record.
Great minds,ay, REH?;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back