List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Discussion

Who would you like us to select with our first round pick right now? (Wright & Durdin excluded)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else reckon Dean Gore looks a bit like a red-headed Koby?

STEVENS%20Koby_draft_246_meeta.jpg
335800_np.jpg
Definite shark eyes. Probably the best thing McGuire has said.

Apparently he was a great captain in the Paul Kelly mould.

Should be the next skipper after Murphy.
I said it before, a lot of our players recently drafted players were Captains somewhere

I wonder if Dalrymple rates players with strong leadership skills on top of everything else
I actually like that to, if that is the case

But IIRC none got the praise that The Rat got.
Yep, I have heard absolutely great things about Hrovat as captain. I'm happy to see how it all plays out, but as long as he's brought it all with him I can't see why he wont be in the leadership group sooner rather than later.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? No, really? Give me a surprise on that list. B-o-r-i-n-g!!! Shake it up boys!
Boekhorst from Swan Districts? Could well be the outside run we want, he's not soft or shy of a goal, but quick and loves to move. He is also happy to get his hands dirty but does well to get loose and is damaging.

I said it before, a lot of our players recently drafted players were Captains somewhere

I wonder if Dalrymple rates players with strong leadership skills on top of everything else
I actually like that to, if that is the case

Didn't Pruden captain Assumption ?

Yeh it'd be touch and go 39 for McDonald, just think 27 is a bit of a reach for him. Would love to see us grab two sliding midfielders, Ellis or Blakely + Garlett or Menadue or something like that? Be laughing if we got two of those.

We simply need to pass on McDonald at 26 and 27. Will be far better players at that pick and history should tell us you just don't draft a guy cause you are scared he won't be there at your next pick.
McDonald never been rated in top 50 until recently where the demand for tall backs has been high from clubs. But based on talent alone would be stupid bypassing some of the mids we could get.
I believe we took hambling as that insurance and we try and snare McDonald in our 3rd or 4th picks.

We simply need to pass on McDonald at 26 and 27. Will be far better players at that pick and history should tell us you just don't draft a guy cause you are scared he won't be there at your next pick.
McDonald never been rated in top 50 until recently where the demand for tall backs has been high from clubs. But based on talent alone would be stupid bypassing some of the mids we could get.
I believe we took hambling as that insurance and we try and snare McDonald in our 3rd or 4th picks.
there will likely be some KPDs at our pick 39 onwards and some that go to the rookie draft

McDonald is pretty wirey

Right on! picks 26 onwards are too late to get choosy. Take the best of whats on offer. Pick 6 was our needs pick and we traded it for needs. Job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back