List Mgmt. 2014 Draft Watch Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Any new fan favourites..?

Pick 8 - as much as I want Laverde.. Fair chance he'll be gone..
So Durdin,Duggan or Kyle Langford
Pick 15 Goddard ,Maynard or Alex Neal- Bullen
Pick 29 Cavka, Blakely, Cockatoo or Touk Miller

Pick 8 - I too want Laverde but Pies and GWS would be keen for a linebreaker like him so can't see him falling to us.

Petracca, Brayshaw, McCartin and Laverde probably don't fall to us.

We probably take whoever falls to us at 8 from Lever, Wright, Pickett, Durdin... I think the worst result for us would be for Wright to fall to us. He does not fill a need for us (got Lynch, Dixon and Day to play key forward) and we like to keep our Vic Metro players to a minimum to limit the 'go home' factor.

Durdin reminds of Sam Day from his highlight reel - has all the tools (big guy, athletic, sticky hands) but not a natural footballer, just wonder how long it will take to get him up to speed.

If I was being realist I would prioratise our picks as:

8 - Lever, Pickett, Langford (don't want Weller)
15 - Goddard, De Goey, Durdin, Blakely
29 - Neal-Bullen, Gore, Bampton, McLean, Miller

not keen on taking a tall with 8 and 15. Ideally I would go
8 - Lever/Durdin, Pickett
15 - Blakely, Garlett (if we don't get pickett)
29 - Smith
so we could possibly pick up another 3 WA lads (pickett, blakely, smith)
but whoever Clayton selects I will be happy with. In Clayton we trust. :cool:

Pick 8 - I too want Laverde but Pies and GWS would be keen for a linebreaker like him so can't see him falling to us.

Petracca, Brayshaw, McCartin and Laverde probably don't fall to us.

We probably take whoever falls to us at 8 from Lever, Wright, Pickett, Durdin... I think the worst result for us would be for Wright to fall to us. He does not fill a need for us (got Lynch, Dixon and Day to play key forward) and we like to keep our Vic Metro players to a minimum to limit the 'go home' factor.

Durdin reminds of Sam Day from his highlight reel - has all the tools (big guy, athletic, sticky hands) but not a natural footballer, just wonder how long it will take to get him up to speed.

If I was being realist I would prioratise our picks as:

8 - Lever, Pickett, Langford (don't want Weller)
15 - Goddard, De Goey, Durdin, Blakely
29 - Neal-Bullen, Gore, Bampton, McLean, Miller
Hahahaha what makes you think durdin isnt a natural footballer!?

Hahahaha what makes you think durdin isnt a natural footballer!?

Can't say I've sat down and watched a game live to observe his leading patterns so I'll just refer to the opinions of people that I have read that know more than I do:

Knightmare's description of Sam Durdin's weaknesses from his Bio

'Weaknesses:Ability on the lead – Durdin is not yet overly natural on the lead as a forward and will need to put the work in on his leading patterns and learn when and where to lead.
Production – This year Durdin has not put forward the numbers anticipated coming into the season.
He seems to have struggled due to a hand injury and has not had the preparation he would have liked coming into the season which is the primary reason in my view for his below expectation performances. He put forward some lean performances through the U18 champs and has done the same this year back in SA, though showing better form late season.
Leading patterns as a forward – Durdin due mostly to being unaccustomed to playing forward has when given the chance up forward looked at times lost with his leading patterns particularly a work in progress not knowing where or when to lead to be a target up the field and as a result at this stage looks better suited behind the ball with reading the ball from behind the play more what he is suited to and accustomed to at this point in time.'

Bound for Glory

http://boundforglorynews.com/2014-draft-profile-sam-durdin/

Personally when I see comments like the above and a highlight reel of him monstering smaller opponents I have question marks on whether a big guy like this may have relied on his god given natural gifts rather than displaying a well rounded big man's game.

So what makes you think he is a natural footballer?

I would say he's a bit like hurley, great at reading the play when its in front of him and backs himseld to take intercept marks in defence.. id say he's not a natural forward but he has had too many 10+ marks per game to say he's not a natural footballer - just suited in defense.

I think in the 18s he was played in the ruck and up forward to show some diversity but will settle down in defence at afl.

If you watch the videos of him he gets to the right spot and marks the ball at its highest point, he doesn't throw the smaller kids around.. he looks very natural to me.

Who you thinking..
Peter wright at 4
Jake lever at 6
????? Pickett ???? At 7
Having spoken to a couple of people in the know, Wright is a chance of 'doing a Brodie Grundy'. Touted as a top 3 pick all year, but he could slide right outside the top 10. No-one is really sure what he is at the next level.

GWS have picks 5 and 6? (or is it 6 and 7?) Not sure. Anyways, Pickett will go to them with one of those. GWS would have to do a huge backflip to not take him at this stage.

How do we know GWS is dead keen?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane are sure collecting the fugliest bunch of footballers in the history of the AFL. Not sure what it's doing for their female demographic. Maybe we could loan them Jaeger or Dave Swallow for a weekend.....

No-No-Way-Never-Not-Gonna-Happen-Nah-Nope-GIF.gif

Brisbane are sure collecting the fugliest bunch of footballers in the history of the AFL. Not sure what it's doing for their female demographic. Maybe we could loan them Jaeger or Dave Swallow for a weekend.....

No-No-Way-Never-Not-Gonna-Happen-Nah-Nope-GIF.gif
My girlfriend still thinks Gaz is the sexiest somehow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back