Mega Thread 2014 Drafts complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How many rookies are we looking to pick up? Seems like we've got a pretty full list now. Couldn't be room for more than 1 or 2.
List is full mate.
40 on senior list + 4 rookies = 44 total squad.

List is full mate.
40 on senior list + 4 rookies = 44 total squad.
Thanks, I thought we must be getting full. So why are we discussing the rookie draft as though we are going to select some players? Do we need to sack some guys like Tapscott to make that happen?

Thanks, I thought we must be getting full. So why are we discussing the rookie draft as though we are going to select some players? Do we need to sack some guys like Tapscott to make that happen?
We selected two rookies today mate, Tapscott was delisted about a month ago and wasn't re-rookied today so it's over for him.

Yeah guys because drafting an 18 yr old rookie KF will provide us with depth .....

Pedo , Fitzy, Garland , Dunn, Howe could all go forward if needed
I like that we have gone mids again
It's not enough to have 6 good mids, if you look at the talent GWS and GC have going through there's your gonna need serious midfield depth to compete against these guys
There are players older than 18 who nominate for the rookie draft. They're called mature age rookies.

Vandenberg sounds VERY promising the way they've been speaking about him. Could be an absolute steal. Could be a gun! :D
He's a good player and the raps on him up him are massive but it will be a big shock to the system the training standards alone. Not a bad bloke by all accounts here too.

I think our rookie draft was good. With Trengove out for who knows, we now have 3 potential players fighting over pre season to get the promotion.

and with the massive influx of good young midfielders, the amount of gifted games will be next to nothing now.

Remember when Schwab and Bailey talked about getting as many AFL games into kids as possible?

Means a hell of a lot more if an 18yr old can earn every single one of his 30-50 games rather than say "your turn now, buddy."

We promoted Jetta to the senior list and delisted Georgiou which opened up 2 rookie spots. Yesterday we picked Vandenberg and White to fill those 2 spots alongside King and Harmes who were given a 2nd year on the rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also Vandenburg is a big unit, but there is a 99% chance he is on the same level as Matt Jones and Rohan Bail but he does have the point of difference of height so could be a Tom Bell type pick up

White looks very quick to get ball to foot once his decision is made from that limited vision and again lets hope that he slid because he has horrible fitness or something like that

Also Vandenburg is a big unit, but there is a 99% chance he is on the same level as Matt Jones and Rohan Bail but he does have the point of difference of height so could be a Tom Bell type pick up

White looks very quick to get ball to foot once his decision is made from that limited vision and again lets hope that he slid because he has horrible fitness or something like that
Do you know his height and weight?

After checking Matt Jones is listed as 188 so maybe Vandenburg just looks tall or something, anything below elite disposal will get shown up at AFL level
anything above mediocre disposal in our team will stand out

Doesnt look to run and carry does he - not a bad thing to get it onto the boot quickly if you hit your targets though.

Looks most like Colin Garland from our list as far as I can tell.

A kid from Canberra (Aaron Vanderberg) met with Melbourne FC yesterday. He maybe that pick ND53, PSD2 or more probable a Rookie pick. Won the last 2 B&F's at the Ainslie Football Club and has a great tank and good disposal. Can also kick goals when moved forward. Don't be surprised if his wearing Melbourne colours next year.

Well done :thumbsu:

Very happy with this doozy from me as well...

All sounds very good, but the NEAFL isnt the highest standard going around.

Rookie prospect I suspect.

After checking Matt Jones is listed as 188 so maybe Vandenburg just looks tall or something, anything below elite disposal wil
Doesnt look to run and carry does he - not a bad thing to get it onto the boot quickly if you hit your targets though.

Looks most like Colin Garland from our list as far as I can tell.

Wasnt ment to be a criticism haha I just mean he is a quick decision maker and executer

Suckling and Birchall aren't HUGE run and carriers but when you can pin point a 60m pass you dont need to be

Wasnt ment to be a criticism haha I just mean he is a quick decision maker and executer

Suckling and Birchall aren't HUGE run and carriers but when you can pin point a 60m pass you dont need to be

Someone on D'land who 'knows him' reckons his highlights are a little deceptive in terms of his foot skills. Does miss a few targets apparently.

Still, he looks good on the intercept, and he won the Stringrays B&F so will be interesting to see how he goes for a year or 2 at Casey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back