Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally I would prefer that we stay away from C grade players this off-season.

Yep. I think the young guys like Seeds, Broomy, Kenno etc have been in the system long enough to not need the 'protection' of the mature aged guys anymore. We still have guys like Armstrong and Young that can supply some depth.

Get Clark if he's reasonably pricedby all means, but H for a early 20's pick wold be a good result. 3 picks in the 1st 30, wit one to be used on Moore is a good result.

Jay Clark said on SEN this morning that he has heard we have asked about Kruezer. He didn't have much info on it though.

Not sure that we want an injury plagued ruckman at the club.
Noooo, he is crap.

I hope we just stick with Mitch Clarke and Jeff Garlett this trade period. No O'Rouke and no Kruizer.

Noooo, he is crap.

I hope we just stick with Mitch Clarke and Jeff Garlett this trade period. No O'Rouke and no Kruizer.

Why No O’Rourke he is the Kind of Mid we need and I rather him by a mile over Garlett

I agree re Kreuzer, the only reason we would do that is because he is cheap and we need another ruck as we intend to trade one of Witts and Grundy for something big.

Problem is Carlton will want a first rounder, Kreuzer is very limited, some say he is a 'swing man' but he struggles to hold down the ruck, let alone go forward and finally I like the prospect of Witts and Grundy smashing sides in years to come.

Why No O’Rourke he is the Kind of Mid we need and I rather him by a mile over Garlett

He couldn't get a game at GWS and when he did he did nothing.

Him being picked up at pick 2 is as relevant as Tambling going at 4 and Watts going at 1. Garlett has shown 100 times more than O'Rouke has shown and he would be cheaper than him as well.

Here is confirmation that I did hear right:

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Collingwood-interested-in-Kreuzer/71490

Carlton ruckman Matthew Kreuzer has attracted the interest of a number of clubs in recent days, most notably that of Collingwood.

“There’s been a bit of a whisper going around the last few days that there’s been some clubs interested in Kreuzer,” Brett Anderson told the Morning Glory.

“Collingwood being one who have at least enquired about Kreuzer’s availability.”

The ruckman has had an injury-riddled past five seasons, most notably a ruptured ACL during the 2010 season.

Kreuzer’s contract is set to expire at the end of the 2015 season, so Carlton may look to receive something in return rather than risk losing the former number one pick for nothing.

The news also poses questions for Collingwood’s forward-line and ruck plans for next season given the club currently has young rucks Brodie Grundy and Jarrod Witts on its list, as well as a public interest in Melbourne forward-ruck Mitch Clark.

Jesse White’s future at the Pies may also be called into question.

Kruzer would be a great get. Everybody take off their we hate Carlton glasses. Just entering his prime, if the price is right I'd jump at it personally. Wouldn't trade overs however.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kruzer would be a great get. Everybody take off their we hate Carlton glasses. Just entering his prime, if the price is right I'd jump at it personally. Wouldn't trade overs however.
The asking price would be way too much.

No thanks.

The asking price would be way too much.

No thanks.
Hasn't really played consistent footy the past few years, had a few knee injuries, if he's not happy and wants out, it depends what you say is "too much" obviously a second rounder isn't going to cut it, but you have to give a little to get a little.

Kruizer is rubbish. He can't play forward and his best position on the field is ruck.

Unless the club want's to get rid off Grundy or Witts he is not required and even if he came, I would have Grundy ahead of him already. There has not been a game where I have said jee this bloke is going to be a gun but there has been for Grundy.

If we want to get a ruckman to help the younger guys out we should get an old ruckman who is close to retirement that will come cheap.

True Garlett is a dud no future in the AFL, O'Rourke had a few injuries in his first year. For those saying he struggled to get a game at GWS they are a cop out for a young mid GWS would be a very hard team to break in to because they have so many young mids. Look at guys like Anthony Miles he struggled to get a game at GWS but has done well at the tigers.

Hasn't really played consistent footy the past few years, had a few knee injuries, if he's not happy and wants out, it depends what you say is "too much" obviously a second rounder isn't going to cut it, but you have to give a little to get a little.
Given the animosity between the clubs and coaches, and the fact that he is still under contract, I can't see them giving him to us for anything but overs.

Considering he doesn't really fill a list need, I'd say no thanks.

He is s**t mate, he was an early developer. What ever people thought he could be he is not going to be because his body is shot

O'Rourke has done nothing and cos of that he's about a mid 20's pick now. Is he a late bloomer as to fill out and put on size to show he's potential upside and ceiling, well only time will tell

Don't need another midget in the team already have to many. would swap him for another midget like Blair tho his decision making and silky disposal we could use.

We don't have a midget problem. The problem is our short people is vannilla. Getting Harbrow would add to the team as he has pace and skill. He is also versitile can play half-forward half-back and in the midfield or on a wing.

Why would we go after Kreuzer? As back up for Witts/Grundy? Surely not replacement for either of our young guns.

I don't normally get involved in speculating over trades and drafts, but I am looking forward to these two being dominant talls in the competition in the not too distant future. And one of my greatest fears (recurrent nightmare:cry:) is for us to trade out a promising youngster, only to have him become an out and out champion for another team. Please God no!

I know Mitch Clark was kicking goals for Melbourne (as there only real target), but can he hold down a key position role or is he going to be more of an upgrade on White?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back