Mega Thread 2014 FA, Trades, Rumours and Facts (pre-draft thread).

Remove this Banner Ad

I know how we can get a first round pick.

We quietly very quietly approach Carlton with some dream deal for their first round pick, and the same for the Bulldogs.

They hold on to their first round picks and dont nominate Moore. We snare Moore with our second pick,

And then just tell Carlton and the dogs the players didnt want to move.

Don’t think Blues and Dogs would not be that Stupid

We quietly very quietly approach Carlton with some dream deal for their first round pick, and the same for the Bulldogs.

They hold on to their first round picks and dont nominate Moore. We snare Moore with our second pick,

Show me your Poker face.

I really like the cut of your jib.:thumbsu:

Brad Sewell. For now other reason than l have had a few to drink and think he is a good bloke. Would make a great role model and good coach. GET BRAD SEWELL

Last edited by a moderator:
Would the pies or sydney be keen on a trade of S.Reid for Witts?? (Juggle draft picks if required??) Witts has a great future but S.Reid fixes both our forward line and also gives us the chance to move Ben Reid back

What is Witts contract status?
We went hard for Lycett but he re-signed.
I think we will go after Witts
We signed him up long term late 2012 im pretty sure, hope we give him another extension soon.

Hes an untouchable you would think, NSW boy who the club rate very highly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure tbh.
What do you think he is worth?
2nd round pick?
That wouldnt be enough. Mid First round pick minimum.

Hes our number 1 ruck who has been developing with us since he was 15-16 and he still has plenty of more development to go, dont know why he would go to Richmond to battle with Maric, Hampson and Griffiths for a game.

That wouldnt be enough. Mid First round pick minimum.

Hes our number 1 ruck who has been developing with us since he was 15-16 and he still has plenty of more development to go, dont know why he would go to Richmond to battle with Maric, Hampson and Griffiths for a game.
Maric will be 29 next year. Hampson will be gone after next year and Griffiths is a 2nd ruck at best.
We will be targeting another ruck this off season

Maric will be 29 next year. Hampson will be gone after next year and Griffiths is a 2nd ruck at best.
We will be targeting another ruck this off season
Yeah, i dont think you will have the chance to get Witts.

Should try Luenberger from the Lions, unless the age bracket you are keen for is around that 1992 bracket. Gold Coast list is worth looking at for long term ruck options.

Agree hes the perfect age.
Imagine the list he could go under.
Young.
Russell
Hudson
Clarke
Dwyer
Lynch
Sewell.

Buckleys boys. Its no wonder we got that 3 peat.

Buckleys boys. Its no wonder we got that 3 peat.

Why do you feel the need to try and drag every thread you post in off topic to bitch about Buckley and the changes post 2011? There are a stack of threads going on at the moment on that stuff - argue about that there. This thread is about what we should be looking to do in the coming trade period.

The only way we even consider trading Witts, is in a deal of some type involving GWS for Cameron or Boyd. I think Pattons value now has diminished significantly, if looking to trade, and just signed a new 2 year extension. The poor kid is likely to have ongoing knee issues. 1 trip to Germany for an operation before he even debuted, now 2 knee reco's in consecutive years to the same knee.

If for some reason Richmond were really that desperate to get Witts, when they already have Maric, we'd want Martin or Ellis. Might need some picks to even it out.

I don't think for a second the Tiges would be interested at that price, and that's why any deal involving Witts to the Tiges is unlikely. There's a mismatch between what the Tiges would want to pay for an understudy ruckman and what we'd want in exchange for our 22 year old number 1 ruck who is currently outperforming a first round draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back