Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just played Frawley at full forward for an entire season - we must be due for another fine. Where do you draw the line? Johnson would make a better fullback than ruckman.
And prior to that played Garland up forward for most of a season. How many positions has Dunn played? Watts? Davey? Good ole AFL 'make it up as you go along' logic

Poor old Brick sounds like he copped the shaft. Must suck whe its a club f**king you and not the other way round.

Need to find that tweet Beamer sent out when Neeld got the arse and flick it on to him.
Seems like a waste of time. make a banner for Tyson instead. It's a much better use of your time. :)

You missed a couple of decent ones;

Sam Grimley (39) - Allen Christenson (40)
Mitch Hallahan (38) - Luke Parker (40)
Ryan Shoenmakers (16) - Luke Shuey (18)
Alex Litherland (55) - Alex Johnson (57)

Hopeless article.
Oh for sure, there's a couple of drafts there that we completely flunked. Brad Sewell saved 02-03 and he didn't get manage to get his third medallion.

Your point still stands - but Hawthorns actual side would probably still beat the 'couldvebeens' you have there!
Maybe, but that's a stacked uber-elite midfield, with an elite shutdown defensive trio, and a serviceable forward line of good players. You'd think it would steamroll any team - assuming they're all fit :p

We just played Frawley at full forward for an entire season - we must be due for another fine. Where do you draw the line? Johnson would make a better fullback than ruckman.

Probably back in the early 00's when stkilda and collingwood did it

I get we were unlucky to be scapegoated but our one seemed to be so open it almost feels like we were telling the media that we would finish in the bottom 2

Every November comes along and some rubbish journalist writes a rubbish article about Melbourne's poor draft selections reminds me of those articles every January about why the Australian flag should be changed.
It belongs with the A Current Affair/Today Tonight list of "topics we can dredge up again"... With dodgy tradesmen, outrageous power bills, pensioners getting shafted, general xenophobia etc.

So Newton officially a DFA. Some time between Nov 1 and Nov 12 he'll hopefully be announced as a Dee.
Wednesday, I reckon.

Leaves us with two list spots for P2 and P3. Increasingly looks like we won't use 40 or 53, meaning we effectively gave up 23 and 61 for Frost. Seriously gotta cut Evans and McKenzie.

Wednesday, I reckon.

Leaves us with two list spots for P2 and P3. Increasingly looks like we won't use 40 or 53, meaning we effectively gave up 23 and 61 for Frost. Seriously gotta cut Evans and McKenzie.
Need to do a Jetta with one of them, at the very least.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nahas got delisted by us yesterday. I think he would have offered you guys more than Garlett. Nahas was best 22 for us before he did this shoulder. Plus he has a very strong worth ethic and motivated.

Hopefully Garlett can overcome his off-field issues and set an example for the youngsters.

Nahas got delisted by us yesterday. I think he would have offered you guys more than Garlett. Nahas was best 22 for us before he did this shoulder. Plus he has a very strong worth ethic and motivated.

Hopefully Garlett can overcome his off-field issues and set an example for the youngsters.
Yeah nah(as)

Although, sounds like he'd be handy as a defensive forward. Can chase (from 2013):

RICHMOND footballer Robin Nahas has been involved in a dramatic chase and citizen's arrest in the streets of Prahran.
Nahas was relaxing with a female friend at a Chapel St cafe when a thief on a bicycle snatched the woman's handbag.
The Herald Sun has been told the fleet-footed Nahas and his friend gave chase as his quarry pedalled away.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/la...a-dramatic-chase/story-fnat79vb-1226556165758

Surely Tapscott was given the boot because we're getting Newton?

And surely we need to re-rookie Evans, rather than skip pick 40!

Garlett has kicked over 39 goals three times. Nahas has only ever gotten over 30 once.

Really can't understand why McKenzie, Evans, and Terlich are contracted beyond 2014. Even Spencer and Matt Jones. Definitions of list cloggers.

Could we potentially have a 3 man rookie list? Harmes, King, Tapscott? That would allow us to use pick 40 and have 41 players on the senior list (including Newton).

He would never agree to it. Neither would Evans. Both still have a year to go on their contracts.
They don't have to agree to it, surely?

As long as we commit to paying them the same and keeping them on the list?

A few examples have already surfaced, like Kurt Aylett at Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back