Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Western Bulldogs are looking at trading their First Round Pick (#5) and a player to Melbourne for the James Frawley Compensation Pick (If it is Pick #3) according to Brett Anderson from Inside Footy."

All these talk of players we're linked to; Gwilt, Merrett, Frost, Lumumba (I'm all for getting Frost and HL), doesn't mean we're getting them all, it just means we're keeping our options available. On the otherhand, we're not going to publicly say every single player we're into, we aren't going to come out and say "Yeah we're into Hannebery, Tex, Dangerfield, and a few other stars" we're just simply staying low profile. We're one of, if not the team who can go the most aggressive in this years trade period, we have picks #2 and (hopefully) #3 to toy around with and heaps of salary cap space.

SLUTTY MELBOURNE INTO EVERYONE

"The Western Bulldogs are looking at trading their First Round Pick (#5) and a player to Melbourne for the James Frawley Compensation Pick (If it is Pick #3) according to Brett Anderson from Inside Footy."
Will Minson for a 3 pick downgrade - its happening!

Very interesting. The difference between 6? and 3 isn't too significant so I doubt we'd get top line talent like we did last year with Tyson.

Clay Smith and Hrovat are two I suspect will be bandied around but I wouldn't take it if I was Roos. Small mids with average skills will only get you so far up the ladder.

Hunter and 6 for 3? Assuming bonts and macrae are untouchable, I'd only be interested in hunter or hrovat.

Like it and think its realistic, maybe we swap 2nd round picks as well though. Yes, Dollhouse, Griffen, Macrae, Stringer, Libba and Bonts all untouchables. The rest probably available for the right price.

Hunter a F/S ... Don't think the Dogs will be clamoring to trade him.

Guys like Hrovat, Stevens, Smith are probably about the best we could get.

Good to see Roosy say he won't be trading picks 2+3 for one player today as well.

Think we should probably steer clear of upgrading the Dogs unless they want to trade outright for one of our picks.

Hunter a F/S ... Don't think the Dogs will be clamoring to trade him.

Guys like Hrovat, Stevens, Smith are probably about the best we could get.

Good to see Roosy say he won't be trading picks 2+3 for one player today as well.

Think we should probably steer clear of upgrading the Dogs unless they want to trade outright for one of our picks.
Very re-assuring.

No need to when you don't have to.

I really hope that we are able to maximise as much as we can for picks 2 and 3 (assuming we get 3 for Frawley). A deal to the Dogs for Hrovat + 6 and then perhaps forward 6 onto GWS for Greene + Frost type of scenario. Take McCartin or Wright with 2 and we've garnered two mids, a kpf and kpd with two picks. We get a wingman and running defender with Stretch and Lumumba with second and third round picks and the off-season is reasonably well rounded.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Fitz out the door, think he was played late season as a means to put him in the shop window. I wonder whether he'd be used in a deal with Brisbane for Merrett + pick so they can ship Leuenberger in the deal for Beams.

Strong word that the Dogs deal could be pick 2 for their pick 6 plus Dahlhaus.

Gutsy move by the Dogs but I'd love that. Rate Dahlhaus highly and he'd add a lot of pace and goal sense to our team. We'd still get Brayshaw at pick 3 and then have pick 6 to play with
Holy s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting carried away here. Dahlhaus at his age would be worth a first rounder alone, forget a three pick upgrade.

Worth remembering this time last year Tyson's name had barely been mentioned. Plenty of water to run under the bridge yet.

Strong word that the Dogs deal could be pick 2 for their pick 6 plus Dahlhaus.

Gutsy move by the Dogs but I'd love that. Rate Dahlhaus highly and he'd add a lot of pace and goal sense to our team. We'd still get Brayshaw at pick 3 and then have pick 6 to play with

If that were true we better have already lodged the paper work now, trade finalised by Monday at 9am thanks.

Not going to reveal sources but that's what I've heard. It does sound overs for us so I assume - if it happens - it'll involve other players/picks

Garlett met with Essendon this week and has also attracted interest from Melbourne. Robinson is still in the frame at the Brisbane Lions.

Fk, it just gets worse

Garlett met with Essendon this week and has also attracted interest from Melbourne. Robinson is still in the frame at the Brisbane Lions.

Fk, it just gets worse

I wouldn't mind Garlett, we have absolutely no crumbing ability at all and Garlett has had some good success at AFL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back