Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok , I'll take your counsel on that, you'd know about shithouse players

Mate, no more in this thread - you're welcome to talk about trades we might do with Richmond, but that's it.

EDIT - I see RnB got in before me!

I think he is saying if they get another top 10 pick to go with their first pick.

So as it stands they have pick 10 now and then another so say the pick 7.

I would take take picks 7 and 10 for Toumpas and Trengove.

Hmmm....

Id take 10 for Toumpas
So the question is would I take 7 for Trenners

No I think id rather hang on to Trenners, he is a natural footballer

Wait so what is the offer?
A pick we'd trade for in the 7-10 range and then our first round pick likely to be in the 7-12 range. That would give you guys at least 3 top 10 picks to deal with. Unfortunately given you're current situation I'm unsure you guys would be able to attract big name talent. So maybe best to go down the path of getting in the best group of talented kids you can and build from the bottom up. Maybe trade some later round picks for mature aged players, who are still quality and have footy left in them and not look for shortcuts to the top.

In fact I'm kind of surprised your club is looking at going down the path of trading our these young kids that they are floating. Maybe trade 1-2 of them if they want to start afresh but trading all 4 of them isn't going to save the club. It's just going to set you back further down the track. If it was me I'd be looking at adding some quality mature aged players to the young group that you guys have and building from there. There is no shortcut to the top, it's a long hard road and the only way you guys will truly succeed is by committing to the short term pain to get the long term benefits.

In fact I'm kind of surprised your club is looking at going down the path of trading our these young kids that they are floating. Maybe trade 1-2 of them if they want to start afresh but trading all 4 of them isn't going to save the club. It's just going to set you back further down the track. If it was me I'd be looking at adding some quality mature aged players to the young group that you guys have and building from there. There is no shortcut to the top, it's a long hard road and the only way you guys will truly succeed is by committing to the short term pain to get the long term benefits.

I wouldn't waste too much time being surprised, the 'story' seems to be fairly rubbish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't waste too much time being surprised, the 'story' seems to be fairly rubbish.
Just floating the idea, as I said I find it surprising that the club would go down this path.

Considering they went at 2 and 4 its not that insane
Cale Morton after 5 years in the system (Same as Trenners) was traded for pick 88. I'm not saying that Trengove is worth 88, it's just that being taken early in the draft doesn't justify having high value. Similarly, if that draft was re-done now, Trengove would barely crack the top 10.

I think an AFL club would rather roll the dice on an 18 year old in a stronger draft than use the pick on a highly touted junior who has shown nothing at AFL level in two years.

Cale Morton after 5 years in the system (Same as Trenners) was traded for pick 88. I'm not saying that Trengove is worth 88, it's just that being taken early in the draft doesn't justify having high value. Similarly, if that draft was re-done now, Trengove would barely crack the top 10.

I think an AFL club would rather roll the dice on an 18 year old in a stronger draft than use the pick on a highly touted junior who has shown nothing at AFL level in two years.

I dont really disagree thus the reason why a few of our supporters already jumped at 7-9 or whatever it was

I have confidence that Trenners can still turn into a Jimmy Bartel type, Toumpas im not so sure about

Not to mention we got rid of Tambling for an end of 1st round pick and Polec went for a trade down from 14 to 21.

Why do we suddenly have an influx of Richmond posters?

It was the bulldogs last night
Its kind of a nice changeup from slagging off Jack Watts and crying about the team

If Essendon posters come on here all high and mighty then so help me god

Not to mention we got rid of Tambling for an end of 1st round pick and Polec went for a trade down from 14 to 21.

You do realise a tigers guy was the one who proposed the trade, then we said well yeah we would take it and now we are getting shot down by other tiger supporters

It was the bulldogs last night
Its kind of a nice changeup from slagging off Jack Watts and crying about the team

If Essendon posters come on here all high and mighty then so help me god

It's suspicious is all.... it's like they're coordinating o_O

We're not coordinating, I worship chaos.

Don't be so cynical ;) Most of us don't bite.. well, I'm working on biting, but I promise I'll try not to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back