Autopsy 2014 Geelong Football Club season review

Remove this Banner Ad

didn't do anything in the NAB challenge, dud, limited skills, cannot kick to save himself, Brown is the far better player, hasn't developed whatsoever in the last 2 years at VFL level, 2013 QF performance was the worst game by any footballer of all time, de-list at the end of the year or trade.

Now he seems to be preferred ahead of Vardy for 2015 :p

but he took 2 good marks :)

future all australian?

didn't do anything in the NAB challenge, dud, limited skills, cannot kick to save himself, Brown is the far better player, hasn't developed whatsoever in the last 2 years at VFL level, 2013 QF performance was the worst game by any footballer of all time, de-list at the end of the year or trade.

Now he seems to be preferred ahead of Vardy for 2015 :p

Definitely not. As bad he was there were others that were worse.

what was the opinion of walker before the finals?
I don't know. Did anyone ask him? ;)

A lot of posters hadn't forgiven him for the QF in 2013- while, as others said, it was entirely unfair to expect him to star in a team that was playing well below its best, after playing 2 games prior to the QF and been thrown in the deep end without Tom Hawkins taking the best defender as he normally would.
He couldn't take a mark, his goal kicking was terrible...
... although he seemed perfectly capable of kicking goals and taking marks in the VFL.

I was so glad he played so well in the 2014 finals series. He's not the Messiah- but he's taken a big step forward and hopefully has gained enough confidence to continue improving.

I heard somebody in the media , ? G Whateley, whoever, seriously question whether Bartel can have a defined role next year; that there was no position for him in defence, and if his marking is not up to scratch, he can be run off in the fwd line as well. And finished as a mid.....
What would Gerard know?

Boak played the GFC like a big game fish- and the Cats ended up with egg on their faces after getting caught talking with him.
Dangerfield could end up the same- have a few clubs sniffing but stay loyal to the Crows after the dust has settled. He's openly stated that he doesn't want to leave Adelaide.
As a wise (and very wealthy man) once said in a negotiation: "There's a little bit of the whore in all of us, gentlemen. What is your price?" I'm sure Paddy will be hearing the same question a number of times over the next 12 months, although perhaps not as 'eloquently' as the late KP posed it.

As a wise (and very wealthy man) once said in a negotiation: "There's a little bit of the whore in all of us, gentlemen. What is your price?" I'm sure Paddy will be hearing the same question a number of times over the next 12 months, although perhaps not as 'eloquently' as the late KP posed it.
lol- speak for yourself, Rankin! :D

2? More like 5 good marks in the finals.
I don't know. Did anyone ask him? ;)

A lot of posters hadn't forgiven him for the QF in 2013- while, as others said, it was entirely unfair to expect him to star in a team that was playing well below its best, after playing 2 games prior to the QF and been thrown in the deep end without Tom Hawkins taking the best defender as he normally would.
He couldn't take a mark, his goal kicking was terrible...
... although he seemed perfectly capable of kicking goals and taking marks in the VFL.

I was so glad he played so well in the 2014 finals series. He's not the Messiah- but he's taken a big step forward and hopefully has gained enough confidence to continue improving.

The knock on Walker was always about his skill execution, with people generally loving his endeavour, endurance and physicality.

Now that he has taken some big pack marks and kicked goals in finals (including long-range, set-shot, after-siren goals) we seem to be observing a shifting of the goal-posts in this forum - by a few anyway.

My two cents... Walker always had a great attitude and a durable body. Now, I hope, he has something solid to build his confidence on.
He's no Wayne Carey, but I think he can become an important part of our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And when it comes to modern footballers earning very large sums of money, more than just a little bit too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back