2014 Mature Aged Players

Remove this Banner Ad

Extremely talented but hasn't had the work ethic. Hopefully this is sinking in as he could be anything. Good start to the year though. Heard a rumour that the Hawks were keen 2 years ago but on advise from Westies went with Kaiden Brand due to this very reason.
14 clubs inquired about Mason and only 4 for Brand, Masons work ethic definitely does let him down

I wonder what is stopping Shane Nelson (West Perth)? The guys is still young and he gets 30+ possessions every week. There is obviously something that makes him undraftable, but I have no idea what it is.

I wonder what is stopping Shane Nelson (West Perth)? The guys is still young and he gets 30+ possessions every week. There is obviously something that makes him undraftable, but I have no idea what it is.

Pace, kicking penetration, size perhaps? What is the absolute standout quality he has?

Are we considering overlooked draftees as 'mature aged'? If so Ben Cavarra, Sam Heavyside and Aaron Heppel will all have a look in IMHO.

Shannon Taylor debuted for the Frankston Dolphins last week and he is just a class above VFL. Smooth mover, quick, good skills. Could be anything after having moved across from the west.

Is this the Shannon Taylor who was rated highly in 2011/2012 but had a poor season in his draft year.

Only really aware of Box Hill Blokes:

The most likely apart from Mirra to press are:

Liam Tobin 187cm 22 year old Utility who keeps improving every year
Sam Collins 194 cm defender in his second year form Oakleigh Chargers
Mitch O'Donnell 179cm Rover in his second year out of Eastern Rangers

Late reply but what about Xave Murphy? Seems to be getting better each year and should just about hit his straps this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the wafl watchers out there how is George hampson going this year

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Pace, kicking penetration, size perhaps? What is the absolute standout quality he has?
His ability to get in and under and get 35+ possessions each week. That is all Nelson has in his favour. He isn't super quick, he doesn't kick the ball 60 m and he is always going to be relatively slight. But he gets the ball 35+ times per game and usually does something with iy.

For the wafl watchers out there how is George hampson going this year

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Has started the season extremely well. Had a sensational game a fortnight ago where he kicked 4 goals by half time and ended up having getting it 28 times. Backed it up last week with a 22 disposal, three goal performance. I think he's a very clever footballer - ends up in the right spaces time and time again as well as being a classy user of the ball. Very slight build though, which is the only query about his suitability to the next level, but I'd like to see him get a chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back