Oppo Camp 2014 non-Geelong AFL match and general discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that he's been given the choice to walk...
Or it's the sack. :)

Rock and a hard place, anyone? Let's wait to see what Tania says about it. She's going to make a shitload of money on that book she's been thinking about writing!!!

Edit- I made that up about the book- but that's ok here on BF, isn't it? ;)
Tania won't say anything she's too busy preparing his appeal.

47302_25b060bb5c1d220b84d577889ff8805e.gif

HOw funny. Hird, Buckley and Voss through their careers were compared and idolised. Then they all went into coaching, and the talk was "which of the 3 best players of that generation will life a cup first as a coach. LOL What an unmitigated disaster. One sacked already, one hanging on by a thread and one who's players are leaving like rats off a sinking ship. GOLD!

It's great, I'm loving every second of it. Maybe it will remind people that when you blindly worship ex-players and put them into positions of power, bad things can happen.

This is why you always ask questions.

Yeah - and Brisbane are really killing it under Leppitch aernt they make

Got no time for Hird - beyond an idiot

But the other 2 - as Pagan proved at Carlton - if you havent got the cattle - youve got no hope

I thought the Lions were going allright under Voss in his final year - beat Geelong -beat Essendon in Melb - competitive against Hawthorn - yet out of the blue they sack him - theres some dopes running some football clubs
What by missing the finals? How did they go against the other 15 teams? Amazing how 'being competitive' is a pass mark for some these days.
Voss coaching record is 43 wins/65 losses. Made the finals once in 5 years. His record against Geelong was 6 wins/2 losses. Plenty of media hype over Voss as a coach as soon as he finished playing. Not much chatter after he fails though. He will go down as just another 'favorite son' who failed as a coach. Cant wait for the same to happen to Buckley :thumbsu:

FTAO: James Frawley
You're a s**t player and an even shittier person.
Ive said it all week. He played like a man with no heart most the year. Like he knew he was off and couldnt wait to get out of there. I dont want a pea heart like that at Geelong. Seriously. Said all along, Clark is a much better get. Now to smash the biggest pre season of all time into Selwood, Caddy, Bundy, Varcoe, Hartman, Murdoch, Duncan, GHS and Smedts. Lets concentrate on having the deepest and best midfield in the AFL.

Ive said it all week. He played like a man with no heart most the year. Like he knew he was off and couldnt wait to get out of there. I dont want a pea heart like that at Geelong. Seriously. Said all along, Clark is a much better get. Now to smash the biggest pre season of all time into Selwood, Caddy, Bundy, Varcoe, Hartman, Murdoch, Duncan, GHS and Smedts. Lets concentrate on having the deepest and best midfield in the AFL.
You and I seem to be the only two who didn't like that back men version of Scully

h
You and I seem to be the only two who didn't like that back men version of Scully
he's a ******* rubbish collector. A good solid defender. Dont get me wrong, Hawthorn will make him look good - but thats cos their midfield defend really well, and that campaigner gibson will go 3rd up so he never has to beat someone 1 on 1. Much sooner stockpile some cash for Gaz/Danger this time next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just saw this news, was an unexpected illness, very brief, and whatever it was has led to his sudden passing.
Only 59 years of age and looked as fit as fiddle.

Terrible news, so sad for his family.

Bobby - didnt he 6-7 years ago have Prostrate cancer - and had it removed - i wonder if it was linked to that

Bobby - didnt he 6-7 years ago have Prostrate cancer - and had it removed - i wonder if it was linked to that

oh ok, sorry I was unaware that he had treatment for prostate cancer. Perhaps your right there in it being linked.

I know it's not the time to bring it up after his passing but the Melbourne football club have been dealt some cruel losses this decade.

Troy Broadbridge
Jim Stynes
Dean Bailey
Sean Wight
Robbie Flower

I remember going to Geelong v Melbourne games in the 70's and 80's. And the only reason I was worried about the result was because they had Flower.
He was a one man team.

How about that day when Barassi used him as THE game plan.
Flower on one back flank, every other player on the other.
With the plan to only kick it Flower and back him to beat his man. Won 17 kick outs that day.

Beams apparently not going to Pies B&F. Imagine the meltdown if he wins! Please God let it be so!
pray.gif
this is amazing. when is the count? He wont win mind you, Pendles will. Funny that theyre talking about him being a "top 3 midfielder in the league" to justify raping Brisbane in a trade - but he's not even the best mid in a side that couldnt make the 8. Collingwood. Seriously a deluded bunch of campaigners.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back