NFL 2014 Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Albert Breer suggests last night (our time) that there is a possibility that Belichick will try to trade or release Brady before Belichick is done in New England because Belichick wants to win a Superbowl without one of the "best QBs of all time".

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/...ations-could-soon-mean-the-end-for-tom-brady/

Tom Brady retiring is probably closer to what will happen. I doubt if Brady would want to play for another team, and I seriously doubt that Kraft would allow the team to cut or trade him.

Brady will be 39 when his current contract expires at the end of the 2017 season, and I'm pretty sure he's a Patriot for life. He's got nothing more to prove, apart from adding to his legacy with New England, and he's financially secured for life.

Belichick will be 65 in 2017 so it gives him a few years to win another SB without Brady before turning 70. The Patriots have tended to draft a QB every couple of years (7 since they drafted Brady in 2000) and therefore it is likely that there will be a couple of other Quarterbacks competing with Garoppolo for the starting gig after Brady retires.

And I was right telling everyone Freeman was the pits.

Everyone gave me s**t but I knew!!!
Oi. You werent alone on that bus.

But didnt you rate Geno Smith coming out of the draft?

Oi. You werent alone on that bus.

But didnt you rate Geno Smith coming out of the draft?
I was the only vocal one.

Geno was my highest rated QB in last years draft. Manuel did impress me at times though last year.

I wonder if the Seahawks will look at signing Santonio Holmes to replace the retired Rice. He's still a free agent after the Jets cut him but he's the most talented free agent on the market in a position that becomes one of need (possibly) for the Seahawks.

I wonder if the Seahawks will look at signing Santonio Holmes to replace the retired Rice. He's still a free agent after the Jets cut him but he's the most talented free agent on the market in a position that becomes one of need (possibly) for the Seahawks.
Seahawks are fine.

Kearse, Baldwin and Richardson are all vastly underrated receiving options.

I was the only vocal one.

Geno was my highest rated QB in last years draft. Manuel did impress me at times though last year.
I suppose all the QBs suck in last years draft so its not a completely awful call.

You think manuel is good?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seahawks are fine.

Kearse, Baldwin and Richardson are all vastly underrated receiving options.
And Percin obviously. Wilson might be a nice TE at some point too.

I didn't. I came to my senses and canceled the offer. Truthfully he sucks. I think fales is better.
You sound confused / rattled.

And Percin obviously. Wilson might be a nice TE at some point too.
Obviously.

I love Willson as an athletic receiving talent in the Cameron mold.

Just has too get used against the vastly superior blocker in Miller.

I suppose all the QBs suck in last years draft so its not a completely awful call.

You think manuel is good?
I saw some moments that really impressed me with Manuel last year.

Hardly means I definitely think he'll be good, but I think the good that I saw at times last year has shown he has potential to live up to the first round draft status.

Same was technically true of Sanchez at times mind you, so it doesn't mean a tonne. Especially if EJ can never get healthy.

I wouldve loved to have seen sanchez in a west coast team. Think the jets ruined him to be honest and now he's mentally shot. He really had everything you want in a QB.

EJ on the other hand just flat out sucks to me. Big body, big arm and thats it.

DvUI24d.jpg

If there's a poll created to ask if someone's divisive and a distraction.....then it already proves they're divisive and a distraction :p

Not necessarily - it proves the media believes so, and boy do they like their talking points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back