Position 2014 SC Defenders

What structure are you going in with?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still going to be gunning for Mitchell to 'complete' my defence in the next couple of weeks, but if Grimes continues to underperform/I get a LTI I will be seriously considering Hooker. You can get burnt on these types of players having a good first month or so before returning back to old form, but I think many people also judge players on past form way too much. Actually watching Hooker this year it's clear he's just a genuinely good player now.
There's something to be cheery about Judd_Magic, dodged that bullet :thumbsu:

Georgiou to get the chop this week i believe with Garland up for selection. Not really too concerning either way as he has a BE of 32 so not as if he still had lots of money to make. Could have possibly been a slow burner however....

good call

think lewis taylor might also be in trouble

Is Mitchell injured or what? Need to get him in either this week or next. He plays on the Sunday so we won't know until the majority of games have been played out. Is it safer to pick hibberd this week then Mitchell the week after?

Last edited:
what are people thinking with LMac?
at first I wanted to upgrade him, but now I'm thinking he might be the perfect D7/M9 cover for the year
I think, given he's had that year in the VFL and effectively two AFL preseasons he's better prepared than most rookies and likely to be more resilient to an end of season fade. North also look to have a relatively soft last 10 weeks.

In terms of game style we have Atley, Mullett, NDS and LMac all playing that rebounding/running HBF role, with Swallow, Ziebell and Macmillan still to come back from injury. They're going to share it around a lot. So probably not a lot of scope for 25+ possession games and many SC tons just yet. That said, aside from his 48 on debut in a flogging where he got isolated on the likes of Chappy he's put up solid scores so far and looks like consistency shouldn't be a problem.

I've been assuming I'll upgrade him during the byes, but at the business end a reliable 70-80 emergency who only cost you $178K isn't the worst idea.

at first I wanted to upgrade him, but now I'm thinking he might be the perfect D7/M9 cover for the year

He's got that Round 8 bye too. I've got 11 of them, will have to cut one. Will probably keep for now though.

Looking at a defensive upgrade, already have Mcveigh, Swallow, Hanley, Enright & Suckling, any ideas? Thinking Rob Murphy don't want to pay top dollar and no R8 byes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he needs to be upgraded before his bye. Especially if you are struggling for numbers. You can go to hanley for 120kish, probably the time to do it.

So Swallow in for Mitchell this week (don't care about the bye) and then try and turn LMac into Burgers later on down the line... Thoughts.

So Swallow in for Mitchell this week (don't care about the bye) and then try and turn LMac into Burgers later on down the line... Thoughts.
Why not do it the other way around?

Ummmm. Mitchell's price ain't changing and McD is set to lose a bucketload. Why wouldn't you go McD to a Swallow?

Ummmm. Mitchell's price ain't changing and McD is set to lose a bucketload. Why wouldn't you go McD to a Swallow?
Not sure if I have the cash money paper's to do so...
I can do Mitchell and McD to Swallow and Schoenmakers... thoughts...

Got about 100k left. My forward line is the biggest issue - read unmitigated disaster.
SC_R_7.png

LOL look at all those blue dots. :drunk:

Got about 100k left. My forward line is the biggest issue - read unmitigated disaster.
SC_R_7.png

LOL look at all those blue dots. :drunk:
Anyone would like you barracked for Geelong and had rose tinted glasses ;)

Ummmmm. You don't have McD??

Anyone would like you barracked for Geelong and had rose tinted glasses ;)

Ummmmm. You don't have McD??
I traded him out for suckling and mitchell out for swallow. Whilst Geelong and Hawks dominate the entire league I'll have a team full of em.

Guthrie has been a jet no apologies there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back