2014 Trade/FA Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

A Jarman rumour

Brisbane get Beams
Collingwood get Boyd
GWS get 2 first round picks

Don't see it myself but worth throwing it out there.
Excuse my ignorance, but who is Jarman? Darren Jarman?

O'Keefe wouldnt be to bad for 2 years I think. But he IS at that age where one decet shoulder/knee injury would see him retired.

And the question of who do we remove from our young midfield for him? He obviously wants to be playing games, and we are wanting to play youth/create a core.

I dont see it happening really.

O'Keefe wouldnt be to bad for 2 years I think. But he IS at that age where one decet shoulder/knee injury would see him retired.

And the question of who do we remove from our young midfield for him? He obviously wants to be playing games, and we are wanting to play youth/create a core.

I dont see it happening really.
I could see him play in the forward line. He could provide a bigger, experienced body to help out young forwards. Would take McGraths spot I would imagine if he doesn't go on next season.

Don't see much value in O'keefe for us unless it's in a coaching capacity. We are better off developing our young talent.

If he want to play next season it would make more sense to join a tem in contention like Hawthorn or Freo.

Might be some truth to it. If the word about the Pies being right into Martin is true, than id have no doubt they would be looking at other angles as well, and Boyd would make sense. Whether or not GWS would do it is the question though.

With West still in the team, I would probably do a Martin for Beams trade, but I would want Wright in the draft. I think I would rather that option over giving up our pick 2. Martin is like 27/28. He is a bit on the old side considering the youth profile of our list. Beams would be a good fit, along with Wright.

Can't see them swapping Beams for Martin.

Might be some truth to it. If the word about the Pies being right into Martin is true, than id have no doubt they would be looking at other angles as well, and Boyd would make sense. Whether or not GWS would do it is the question though.

With West still in the team, I would probably do a Martin for Beams trade, but I would want Wright in the draft. I think I would rather that option over giving up our pick 2. Martin is like 27/28. He is a bit on the old side considering the youth profile of our list. Beams would be a good fit, along with Wright.

Can't see them swapping Beams for Martin.

Wouldn't say no to o' keefe. If anything, the professionalism he'd bring with him would be great for our young blokes. Come from a great environment. Could do alot worse.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Claye Beams for Kyle Martin?
Don't know if it has been mentioned around here but we were really into Martin during last year's offseason. I hope we have another go this year but definitely not for Claye Beams. Claye offers a unique style to our team and I can see him lighting up the Gabba for years to come.

Don't know if it has been mentioned around here but we were really into Martin during last year's offseason. I hope we have another go this year but definitely not for Claye Beams. Claye offers a unique style to our team and I can see him lighting up the Gabba for years to come.
plus he's our conduit to getting his brother. Ludicrous. Not sure it was a serious comment though??

Kyle Martin would offer some solid depth, but not sure he'd necessarily be best 22.
Does he give us anything as a midfielder that ZOB doesn't?

Age is relative. Just look at Harvey and Fletcher. Some people slow at 30, others slow at 35. I think if Moloney was gone, we could look at him. Would get a year maybe 2 from him, and that would be enough. He would bring some different experiences for our young guys which could be good for their development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back