Live Event 2015 AFL Draft megathread (24th & 27th of November)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's a fair point and I probably was a little harsh on Adcock. I suppose who he's pushing out was a factor in what I said - it is important to play the best team every week and if Adcock is in it he should play, but I think we've gotta find that balance and still give the likes of McLean and such plenty of opportunity to develop.

I'd say that Adcock is big-bodied as well. Both are medium utilities in terms of height but my big-bodied comment was more regarding frame.

I think if Adcock plays 20 games in 2016 Dan, then some of our kids haven't come on as quickly as we hoped. We have soooo many youngsters and so many opportunities for them to cement a spot in the team that Adcock is not going to compromise our development.

I think Bev is all about winning from now on - if the kids are good enough, they get an AFL game... but if they are not considered to best 22 on game day but Adcock is, then they won't be selected. That's why we haven't leaned on our older players to retire - we've got more than enough 18 year olds on our list. And Adcock may have three seasons left in him - he's not exactly on his death bed and may play in our next Premiership side.

I think if Adcock plays 20 games in 2016 Dan, then some of our kids haven't come on as quickly as we hoped. We have soooo many youngsters and so many opportunities for them to cement a spot in the team that Adcock is not going to compromise our development.

I think Bev is all about winning from now on - if the kids are good enough, they get an AFL game... but if they are not considered to best 22 on game day but Adcock is, then they won't be selected. That's why we haven't leaned on our older players to retire - we've got more than enough 18 year olds on our list. And Adcock may have three seasons left in him - he's not exactly on his death bed and may play in our next Premiership side.

What if Boyd or Murph cops a season ending injury in the first week or two? He'd play 20 games then make no mistake.

Would make the move a masterstroke then, as we all know how much we struggled when these two (particularly Boyd) werent in the side. Cool head, can stop the bleeding when the young defenders start to s**t their pants.

What if Boyd or Murph cops a season ending injury in the first week or two? He'd play 20 games then make no mistake.

Would make the move a masterstroke then, as we all know how much we struggled when these two (particularly Boyd) werent in the side. Cool head, can stop the bleeding when the young defenders start to s**t their pants.
And history does show that the end can creep up quicker than expected..

I had heard we rated Curnow no.2 overall ... so probably him.

Ok well thanks for answer. For what it's worth I think Dogs did very well getting Collins, think with hard work he can slot in and be good replacement for Morris. Dunkley I think will be more of a project player but I expect after a season in the reserves to be a serviceable player for the Bulldogs

Just got home from work... So we took 3 players as rookies today. Didnt we have 4 picks? Just wondering if the 4th pick was reserved for Roarke Smith?

Just got home from work... So we took 3 players as rookies today. Didnt we have 4 picks? Just wondering if the 4th pick was reserved for Roarke Smith?
We only had three picks
Total of 4 players on rookie list
Roarke remained on the rookie draft

12299198_10153665545831427_2986263602171657620_n.jpg

Roll on November 30 :eek:

Smith was still contracted so we had 3 spots to fill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

New Bulldogs Best 22 (and Footscray) - a couple of weaknesses - particularly tall forwards but pretty good. C. smith only on interchange because of injury. Thoughts? Who have I missed?

FB: Boyd Hamling Morris

HB: Wood Roberts Murphy

C: Macrae Wallis Dalhaus
R: Minson Libba Bonti

HF: Hunter Redpath Stringer

FF: Dickson Boyd Crameri

Int. Picken, Suckling, JJ, Roughhead

FOOTSCRAY

FB: R.Smith Collins Cordy

HB: Hamilton Adams Adcock

C: Prudden Hrovat Webb
R: Campbell Jong Daniel