Unofficial Preview 2015 AFL draft thread - needs, wants, prospect discussion, the whole nine yards - all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Very happy we got Surman.

Have said a couple of times that I like him. Has a good upside and if you watch his highlights he appears to read the ball very well in flight. He will be a replacement to Brian Lake in a couple of years.

I think he can make it and will be promoted off the rookie list in time.

Saw a highlights package last week and looked a very good mark of the high ball. Any thoughts about his closing speed and spoiling players on the lead ?

How about we take Luke Surman as one of the rookie picks, from the video highlights he looked like he reads the ball in flight well about 197cm could be a useful pick up if he comes on as a Key defensive Back.
Well pondered.

Did Grimley get rookied anywhere?

Grimley has been given a lot of time by the Hawks and disappointed. Maybe this will be his wake up call. He should go to a SANFL club, give it his best shot and see if he can get a second chance.
Personally I suspect he doesn't have the drive to do so. Hope I am wrong.

Hey guys, here is a recap of Tuesday night's draft.

I really like the thought of Lovell/JOR/Shiels in the guts. All can play inside and burst out. I see our future midfield being quite dynamic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought similar, too. Could be the body posture when running and a certain determined look of the facial features.
No, me too, but a bit faster, not as strong in the air.
From what I've seen, he runs hard. Really hard. There is one passage of play in the video I made where he is involved in 3 possessions in a short passage of play starting at half back which ends up resulting in him taking a mark 35m from goal. Was really impressed by that bit of play

Supporting the club is a 'unconditional'. So, there's another line the optimistic crew use now.."because I support my club"! Welcome to the three boys to our great club but in my opinion they need a lot of luck to make it. It doesn't mean anything more than what you think, just an opinion.
I understand what you're saying, but it's not like we support Carlton under Mick Malthouse, or Blackburn Rovers under Steve Kean.

I back Clarkson, Wright and co 100%, and as such expect all three kids to make it.

From what I've seen, he runs hard. Really hard. There is one passage of play in the video I made where he is involved in 3 possessions in a short passage of play starting at half back which ends up resulting in him taking a mark 35m from goal. Was really impressed by that bit of play
I mean the kid no disrespect, but I liken him (& this passage) to Brent Harvey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back