Unofficial Preview 2015 AFL draft thread - needs, wants, prospect discussion, the whole nine yards - all in here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks89898989

Debutant
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It looks like were are going into the draft with 15,18,55,58 and 76.

What id like to see happen with 15 and 18 is for us to pick up either Mathieson, Collins, Gresham or Dunkley

What do guys want from the draft, either need or want

I dont know the names but a big bodied defender / mid, a big bodied attacker / mid, and an inside mid with decent skills.

Im not sold on the current quest to stack midfields with massive bodies - skill still matters the most.

We need replacements for Mitchell, Burgoyne, Gibbo and Hodge and should be keeping an eye on Lewis and Roughie and even Rioli... though Rioli had a good season finally, after so many injuries.

Would be more than happy if we got Mathieson. Not the fastest of players, but he knows how to find the ball, get out of traffic and he can kick. He is a genuine footballer. And that is what we need at Hawthorn

Seems like a good player, but nothing outstanding

I'd think it was more a story about his name and/or background rather than his draftability

(Log in to remove this ad.)

here is a juicy highlights reel for anyone interested. Thanks to stars alive for showing me this

Oliver and Bonner

Oliver looks a little like Langford with a little more polish - would like him in the team.

Gresham appears to kick like Tim Clarke - no real penetration - so it's a no IMHO.

A rebounding HB line of Birch, Bonner and Duryea would provide precision and repeatedly set up our attack. If indeed Bonner grows to be his father's height, he could be a nice KPP too (hopefully not becoming a Matthew Watson tho). Hibberd would also be a strong option.

Not convinced on McKay or Collins at this time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back