2015 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Epping struggling to play consistent football. Has to be the mental application because you don't beat Sth Morang twice and then struggle to kick 50 pts against Burra the following week. Bigger worry for them is Resa's great win over Wats. The Mustangs would seem to have the Blues covered on previous encounters and might mean a very early exit for the Pingers come finals!
Will be interesting to see what the Saints dish up to Sth Morang this week, but you would think they will need to come up with something out of the box to seriously challenge them. Resa on the other hand with Darby playing the game he did on Saturday could seriously push the Lions in the finals. Unfortunately we don't see them clash again in the H&A games. Epping could also be threat if they can sort out their inconsistent performances.
All makes for a great finals series to come!
Mixed results every week making it hard to get a real gauge of what to expect. My wats boys were ordinary this week. Resa seemed hungrier than us. Credit to them but im confident we can have a real impact in September. Morang seemed slugish first half going by results but i see their young guns hit scoreboard and not the highly paid superstars. To me i believe epping to be most dangerous side in div3.

Really enjoying div 3 this year, each week usually has some surprises. Hoping SM keep their number one spot and the pingers stay 3 or 4. When I watched Epping last week at SM they looked strong and hungry then they lack lustre the following week. The finals are going to be really interesting!

All three games this week are not gimme's by a long stretch.

Watsonia vs South Morang. A critical game for both the Saints and Lions with the leading Lions expected to grab the points.
Epping vs Banyule. Apart from last week the Blues have been strong recently and should account for the Bears in a surprisingly close one.
West Heidelberg vs St Marys. The Sainters were big surprise winners last week and should carry that form into a win ove rthe Hawks.

Round 13 Tips

Watsonia vs Sth Morang - Match of the Round? Hoping to see a strong contest here, but not sure what Wats will do to challenge them. Hoping they can so it presents another strong challenger for the flag. Watching with interest. Lions by 28 pts
Epping vs Banyule - Pingers have a lot riding on this one. They are a young side and maybe explains somewhat how inconsistent they have been. Banyule know any hope of a finals campaign lies in this result. Hard contest for them at Epping's home ground, but think they might challenge. Will Scotty G play? It might be the factor. Bears by 16 pts
Heid West vs St Marys - St Marys will be over the moon with last week's result. But I am predicting the Hawks first win for the season and Burra's glimmer of finals hopes to fade. Hawks by 11 pts

watched 3/4 of the souths and wats game.
does anyone know where souths got their coach from? He doesn't seem to have a game plan. I have seen them twice and he was completely outcoached both times.
I don't know how their forwards kick any goals he seems to have them on and off the ground multiple times each qtr.
I have seen a bit of Pavitt over the years and he works well in space but the souths coach seems to crowd his own forward line sending more and more players down there. It must be so frustrating for players like Pavitt.
Their onballers turn the ball over partly due to not being able to pinpoint their forwards with it being so crowded in there.
I was hearing they were good things to win the whole thing but I don't see it with the game plan they have.

Going by the results it looks as though Div 3 continues to surprise, The boys at St Marys would be very disappointed after knocking over epping only to get done by West. Good on the Hawks I reckon they are better than their win/loss ratio suggests

I have watched quite a few div 3 games this year and can not see any of the top 4 or 5 sides if they won promotion to div 2 that would hold their own and not be cannon fodder and come straight back down with out doing major recruiting and spending big dollars even with the new points system next year

watched 3/4 of the souths and wats game.
does anyone know where souths got their coach from? He doesn't seem to have a game plan. I have seen them twice and he was completely outcoached both times.
I don't know how their forwards kick any goals he seems to have them on and off the ground multiple times each qtr.
I have seen a bit of Pavitt over the years and he works well in space but the souths coach seems to crowd his own forward line sending more and more players down there. It must be so frustrating for players like Pavitt.
Their onballers turn the ball over partly due to not being able to pinpoint their forwards with it being so crowded in there.
I was hearing they were good things to win the whole thing but I don't see it with the game plan they have.
I agree out coached again. No 42 for morang was useless up forward. Slow, 2nd to the ball and no pressure at all. Embarrassing really. Corey had the guys play a brilliant style of footy. Run overlap and importantly an open forward line. Popped shoulder to their best back man too. Not good.

I agree out coached again. No 42 for morang was useless up forward. Slow, 2nd to the ball and no pressure at all. Embarrassing really. Corey had the guys play a brilliant style of footy. Run overlap and importantly an open forward line. Popped shoulder to their best back man too. Not good.
Watched the game. Despite the coaching I thing Morang will have Wats covered come finals time.
Home ground, heavy surface, No Harrison ( kicked 7 on them first round ), No Potter ( last years B&F winner ), No Berryman, No-one on the bench for the entire last qtr and still in the game until late in the last. Think Morang have them covered.
No. 42 can play. 1st game back will work better with Harro who he has played with for years.

Are you an informant?Im sure if true it was warranted otherwise a complaint would of been lodged by now surely.You say you dont know what happened yourself either way no need to post comments like that
watching the footage of st marys west heidelberg game k moore gets up after a tackle and starts punching a supporter? i dont know what happened but should be at least 3-4 weeks on the sidelines for that act! disappointing after a good win for west.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you an informant?Im sure if true it was warranted otherwise a complaint would of been lodged by now surely.You say you dont know what happened yourself either way no need to post comments like that
If he's punched a supporter I would say 10 weeks. How could you possibly say "if true it was warranted"?

watching the footage of st marys west heidelberg game k moore gets up after a tackle and starts punching a supporter? i dont know what happened but should be at least 3-4 weeks on the sidelines for that act! disappointing after a good win for west.

If you watch the footage mate! He just pushes the supporter leaning over the fence. Those under 19's st Mary's players are complained about by most clubs every week. Bring there own grog and are too scared to mouth off in front of opposition crowds. Weak and Pathetic

St Mary's president apologised to Wests committee at half time for there behaviour that lead to the shoving incident with Moore, it makes you wonder how more incidents don't occur with spectators leaning over the fence abusing players..

It's sounds as though 15-20 under 19's and ressies players sinking Bravery juice in green cans and hurling some very colourful language is not a one off across the league by all reports

St Mary's president apologised to Wests committee at half time for there behaviour that lead to the shoving incident with Moore, it makes you wonder how more incidents don't occur with spectators leaning over the fence abusing players..

It's sounds as though 15-20 under 19's and ressies players sinking Bravery juice in green cans and hurling some very colourful language is not a one off across the league by all reports

Yeah these groups you will find in most leagues. Clubs encourage the reserves (and u19s) to hang around and support the seniors. Usually they are away from the boundary fence and there for support, and NOT to engage with players. I suppose most are given strict instructions by club people to behave and this situation has got a bit out of control. On the other hand it's good to see a club person apologize and hopefully things change from here.
Now I haven't seen the incident so can't comment on it, but if he just pushed him he should be given a warning as things can get out of control from player crowd interaction..

Round 14 Tips

Banyule vs Sth Morang - This promises to be a huge contest. Banyule have a sniff after last week's win over the Blues and South Morang need the win to maintain their top of the table status. Will Harro be back for this tomorrow? It may play a factor. Lions by 12 pts
Heid West vs Reservoir - Resa have the chance to jump over the top of Epping and couldn't see the Hawks upsetting them here with the Mustangs coming off the bye. Resa by 36 pts
St Marys vs Watsonia - Watsy have their tails up and chasing the top spot! Great win last week! Saints by 24 pts

A couple of good matchups this week:

Banyule vs South Morang. The Bears had an important win last week but with some important inclusions the Lions should topple the Bears.
West Heidelberg vs Reservoir. The Hawks will be up and about after last week's win but think the Mustangs will bring them back down to earth.
St Marys vs Watsonia. Both will be disappointed with last week and in the battle of the Sainters think the visitors will prevail comfortably.

good arm wrestle with my boys south prevailing in the end. banyule really showing good signs.
Tight tussle all day in ordinary conditions. Harro good on ball i hear and young players standing up again. Couple late goals to a kid no34 i think, in nfl clash jumpers?, were classy. Still few injured to return. Looking forward to a tight finals series. Hoping Watsy has a big say

Round 15 Tip
Watsonia vs Epping - Match of the round. There's a lot on the line for both sides. Opportunity for Wats to secure that 1-2 spot and ensure the double chance. Epping need the win to keep a 1-2 spot alive, whilst a loss may leave it dangerously hanging onto a finals spot! I think the whole see-sawing season has led to this last 5 weeks where all results will be significant to their end of season placings. With Moore out again and the Saints running in good form & on their home deck, I think the Watsy boys will salute going into their bye. Wats by 25 pts
Banyule vs Heid West - The Bears let an opportunity slip to put some fair pressure on that 4th spot last week. The Lions experience and class was too much in the end. But with Epping dropping their last 2 games, the possibility remains and that will motivate them to a big win tomorrow against the Hawks. Bears by 60 pts
Reservoir vs St Marys - The Mustangs keep improving and getting stronger as the season goes on. And the reality is they just need to have the right form at the right end of the year? I think they will worry the other 3 in the finals come season end. Resa by 31 pts

All the action's on these three games this week, with some high stakes on offer.

Watsonia vs Epping. The Blues have been disappointing in recent weeks while he Saints are on a roll and can start cementing the double chance.
Banyule vs West Heidelberg. The Bears are still in the hunt for a finals spot and should prove to strong for the Hawks.
Reservoir vs St Marys. The Mustangs keep surprising while the Sainters have disappointed this season after huge expectations pre-season.

Watched Pingers today. Still think they will have a big say in finals especially with moore playing. They seem to have souths measure beating them both times this year. I think their experiance will play a big factor. Reservoir are playing well after a shakey start and will also threaten. I think souths downfall might be in their " young guns" who i think are overratted. Souths rely on harrison to kick their goals and when he doesnt like against pingers the young forwards cant step up. If you look at their goalkicking spread they have 3 players averaging 2 or more goals a game all new experienced players. Just about all their " young guns " are in single figures. Come finals most clubs will choke supply to harrison and i cant see them kicking a good enough score. Pingers did it twice and beat them twice.

Round 16.

Reservoir vs Banyule. Last chance for the Bears but at hoime the Mustangs should prevail.
West Heidelberg vs Epping. Can't see the Hawks upsetting the Blues.
St Marys vs South Morang. The Lions to do a job on the Sainters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back