2015 Draft Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

What am i missing with Ah Chee ......nice player, doubt he'll put too much beef on ? ......but at pick 6?, surely that's a big reach?
Strong overhead, smart by hand, hard at it. His brother has taken a bit of time at Port to come through but showed his talents at the end of the year. That game against Hawthorn late in the year was a ripper. And Cal has him covered by a fair bit by all reports.

Because he's got a well rounded game and can probably play forward, inside mid, wing and even half back I think his value goes up because he'll help the team and make other players better around him.

Wanganeen, jarman, Polec, ebert, betts, menzel, toumpas and gore just to name a few.
of course not 100% of players never want to go back however of the ones mentioned, betts wouldn't have gone back if carlton paid him what he was asking, menzel did not actively leave and would have stayed had carlton wanted him to, and toumpas was unlucky he landed at melbourne. He'd still be in melbourne if he was at a good club.

I was just pointing out with my comment that a player might not want to leave his state however if he gets to a new club with a great culture he will most likely play out his career there.

A strong club would have no hesitation backing their system and culture in to ensure their new recruit doesn't want to return home.

Is that you in the avartar.

Pretty childish post.o_O

Richmond.........the team that is constantly building towards success but never gets there.;)

oh boo hoo. .
as a WC supporter I wouldn't be talking after the embarrassing performance you put up on GF day

he was having a crack at our skipper so I had a crack back

as RFC supporter we certainly understand disappointment but we will be around the top for some time yet

of course not 100% of players never want to go back however of the ones mentioned, betts wouldn't have gone back if carlton paid him what he was asking, menzel did not actively leave and would have stayed had carlton wanted him to, and toumpas was unlucky he landed at melbourne. He'd still be in melbourne if he was at a good club.

I was just pointing out with my comment that a player might not want to leave his state however if he gets to a new club with a great culture he will most likely play out his career there.

A strong club would have no hesitation backing their system and culture in to ensure their new recruit doesn't want to return home.

Yes but that goes for any player from any state. It depends on the individual so to say that SA guys never want to come home is pretty narrow minded. Lots of players from every state never want to return to their original state

Yes but that goes for any player from any state. It depends on the individual so to say that SA guys never want to come home is pretty narrow minded. Lots of players from every state never want to return to their original state
I'm just playing with you, I actually like adelaide;-) Don't be so defensive...

What is so bad about it? They need outside run and a small forward. Matera will be moving into the middle. Actually feel Milera is the better option but Ah Chee would replace Bennell up forward.
Because he's been taking indigenous flanker types for years

Imo it's a kryptonite for him, he will always go for these guys even when a team doesn't need them, have a look at the Dogs 2006 drafts for etc he took 4 of them and they were all gone by 2011.

Because he's been taking indigenous flanker types for years

Imo it's a kryptonite for him, he will always go for these guys even when a team doesn't need them, have a look at the Dogs 2006 drafts for etc

I don't feel Ah Chee is a reach though. Rated 5-15, and GC have pick 6 (which will be pick 8-9). That is his range and of all the small forwards I feel Ah Chee is the best one.

sorry to be a pest but if anyone have a couple of spare tickets they are not using tonight could they please let me know, thanks in advance

I'm hoping for this:

1. Carlton - Weitering
2. Brisbane - Schache
3. Melbourne - Oliver
4. Essendon - Parish
5. Essendon - Francis
6. Gold Coast - Ah Chee
7. Melbourne - Weidemann/Curnow
8. Carlton - Curnow/Weiddemann
9. Adelaide - Mckay
11. Carlton - Burton/Tucker/Collins
12. Richmond - Gresham/Rioli
13. Adelaide - Milera
Since when did we get pick 10?

Strong overhead, smart by hand, hard at it. His brother has taken a bit of time at Port to come through but showed his talents at the end of the year. That game against Hawthorn late in the year was a ripper. And Cal has him covered by a fair bit by all reports.

Because he's got a well rounded game and can probably play forward, inside mid, wing and even half back I think his value goes up because he'll help the team and make other players better around him.
Shame he barely turned up for the Championships. I suppose there is an argument that WA were terrible and he is the type that will struggle in a poor side. Certainly don't want Carlton to pick .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

oh boo hoo. .
as a WC supporter I wouldn't be talking after the embarrassing performance you put up on GF day

he was having a crack at our skipper so I had a crack back

as RFC supporter we certainly understand disappointment but we will be around the top for some time yet
You should probably get around the top before proclaiming how long you'll be there for.

That probably rules out richmond then ;).

Last edited:
Where did I say anything about player retention? richmond tend to be pretty conservative with first picks, doesn't mean you have a good culture.
i would imagine a good culture and player retention go hand in hand doesn't it? Why would players want to stay in a s**t culture?

Speaking of which how many players have the crows lost in the last 5 years?

i would imagine a good culture and player retention go hand in hand doesn't it? Why would players want to stay in a s**t culture?

which is why you go conservative, players who are easier to retain, if Milera gives the indication he wants to stay in SA, then unless richmond has grown some balls overnight, they won't take him.

Yes we have lost a few players in the last 5 years and still did better than you guys this year. BOOM. But you keep your players because it is working a treat!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back