2015 Draft, Trade & Free Agent Discussion & Speculation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So why would redden / Jetta chose Eagles over freo?

It's not that hard to believe. WC would be perceived as having the better future. People are still going to believe that we'll fall off a cliff once our old-timers are gone. I can't think of any of their decent players who will even be retiring soon. Maybe Priddis. Also, guys like Redden/Jetta would be going into the area which is WC's weakness.

Someone like Leunberger could be someone who favours us, seeing as he would be stuck behind Naitanui forever. Then there is McCarthy, who is a massive Freo supporter and would have to compete with Kennedy and Darling at WC. Those are the two guys we might have some shot at.

It's not that hard to believe. WC would be perceived as having the better future. People are still going to believe that we'll fall off a cliff once our old-timers are gone. I can't think of any of their decent players who will even be retiring soon. Maybe Priddis. Also, guys like Redden/Jetta would be going into the area which is WC's weakness.

Someone like Leunberger could be someone who favours us, seeing as he would be stuck behind Naitanui forever. Then there is McCarthy, who is a massive Freo supporter and would have to compete with Kennedy and Darling at WC. Those are the two guys we might have some shot at.
People were saying the same thing about Port after last year, only need Ryder, future assured, not always the case. I would argue
that we will have more positions available, especially with the spotlight on Duffield, Mz, MDB, Duffy, Moro, and Sylvia gone, Crowley?

People were saying the same thing about Port after last year, only need Ryder, future assured, not always the case. I would argue
that we will have more positions available, especially with the spotlight on Duffield, Mz, MDB, Duffy, Moro, and Sylvia gone, Crowley?

Whats the deal with everyone wanting to go to WCE. Wouldnt Redden be an upgrade on Debour or Suban?

Whats the deal with everyone wanting to go to WCE. Wouldnt Redden be an upgrade on Debour or Suban?

And Duffield, Mzungu, Barlow.............. (pretty much every midfielder we have that isn't Mundy, Fyfe, Hill or Neale.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldn't we be chasing redden then?

On the surface without doubt.

But I'd say we have priorities that are probably higher on our list then him.
1. We need a key forward / defender (will cost us big $$ and potentially a lot on trade table)
2. We need more outside run (I.e Jetta, again will cost a reasonable sum of $$)
3. We either need to sign Clarke or a young future ruckman (once again that isn't cheap, unless we draft one first round)

I'd love him but the reality is he would cost us 500-600k per season and a first round draft pick, now if we had a well rounded list i'd be all over that. We have needs that we would be using those $$$ and/or picks on over him.

Hes a far superior player.
Career wise that's not the case and this season Barlow has not played in the middle as much. The only thing Redden has on Barlow is being 3 years younger, he for sure doesn't have Barlow's tank either.

On the surface without doubt.

But I'd say we have priorities that are probably higher on our list then him.
1. We need a key forward / defender (will cost us big $$ and potentially a lot on trade table)
2. We need more outside run (I.e Jetta, again will cost a reasonable sum of $$)
3. We either need to sign Clarke or a young future ruckman (once again that isn't cheap, unless we draft one first round)

I'd love him but the reality is he would cost us 500-600k per season and a first round draft pick, now if we had a well rounded list i'd be all over that. We have needs that we would be using those $$$ and/or picks on over him.
Who are the rucks in the draft this year? Haven't really seen any mentioned all that highly (other than guys who'll mainly be forwards at afl level). Someone mentioned Darcy Cameron for our first rounder. I highly doubt that, as he's been overlooked a couple of times already and has split the year between reserves and WAFL seniors. I still think he'd be a decent option (wins a lot of hitouts for Claremont) but if a club takes him before our third rounder I doubt we'd be too upset. For the record I think we should trade either both first rounders or a first rounder plus Clarke (or pick we get for Clarke) for a quality KPF. I don't see us getting a good one otherwise unless we go down the Jay Schultz route.

A lot will depend on our finals this year. If we don't make or lose the GF, then I suspect McPharlin to be the one to retire and Pavlich to give it another crack with Schulz at his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back